Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

13 hours ago, BrandiLynn said:

My nutritionist said post surgery 100% juice watered down 10 to 1(water being 10) was ok during the Clear Liquids stage, but YUCK. I'd stick with sugar free flavored drinks and if you can tolerate them Protein Water.

What is the problem with having sugar drinks? What is wrong with having sugar after the surgery?

27 minutes ago, apositivelife4me said:

What is the problem with having sugar drinks? What is wrong with having sugar after the surgery?

Sugar drinks are wasted calories. Also, sugar is as addictive as cocaine. I am assuming that one of the goals of weight-loss surgery is to lose weight.

After your surgery it is very important to focus on getting Protein and fluids. Your surgeons office should have a Nutritionist on staff to help you make these important decisions. I would talk to them, but this is the hand out my Nutritionist gave to me for the clear liquid diet after surgery.

20180405_110147.jpg

45 minutes ago, BrandiLynn said:

Sugar drinks are wasted calories. Also, sugar is as addictive as cocaine. I am assuming that one of the goals of weight-loss surgery is to lose weight.

After your surgery it is very important to focus on getting Protein and fluids. Your surgeons office should have a Nutritionist on staff to help you make these important decisions. I would talk to them, but this is the hand out my Nutritionist gave to me for the clear liquid diet after surgery.

20180405_110147.jpg

Wow! I'm impressed with your handbook. I would sincerely like a copy of THAT. I have a few pages printed, but am envious of that book with the nice tabs and clear directions.

3 hours ago, S@ssen@ch said:

Wow! I'm impressed with your handbook. I would sincerely like a copy of THAT. I have a few pages printed, but am envious of that book with the nice tabs and clear directions.

Yeah, It has been a life saver. The Center for Obesity Surgery and Treatment gave it to me at my last visit before surgery. It even breaks down exactly what I am to look for when Vitamin shopping. I refer to it hourly. LOL

3 hours ago, S@ssen@ch said:

Here is the Full liquid diet Instructions for day 5-14.20180405_155815.thumb.jpg.79c271565721b877c37377d9aaa445ed.jpg

I waaayyyy overbought preparing for surgery. I just didn't, and still don't have an appetite. Things I bought and didn't eat, or barely ate; sf popsicles, sj Jello (premade & powdered), cottage cheese, oatmeal, instant mashed potatoes, Soup, so much soup, sf pudding (premade and powdered), frozen fruit to blend into my Protein Shakes, gas x, mira lax, microwave Protein muffins, Beans (canned and dried), canned chicken, turkey lunch meat, apple sauce, Powerade zero. I'm sure there is more I can't recall.

Between all the items above and becoming intolerant of whey protein, and not being able to use my protein powders, premade shakes, protein Water etc., I wasted 100's of dollars.

I'd also echo check with your program on your post op diet. Mine did not allow juice, or any non protein liquid calories. I was also on full liquids, as opposed to clear, as soon as I was discharged from the hospital. So that meant Protein Drinks from day 1.

11 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I waaayyyy overbought preparing for surgery. I just didn't, and still don't have an appetite. Things I bought and didn't eat, or barely ate; sf popsicles, sj Jello (premade & powdered), cottage cheese, oatmeal, instant mashed potatoes, Soup, so much Soup, sf pudding (premade and powdered), frozen fruit to blend into my Protein Shakes, gas x, mira lax, microwave Protein muffins, Beans (canned and dried), canned chicken, turkey lunch meat, apple sauce, Powerade zero. I'm sure there is more I can't recall.

Between all the items above and becoming intolerant of whey Protein, and not being able to use my protein powders, premade shakes, protein Water etc., I wasted 100's of dollars.

I'd also echo check with your program on your post op diet. Mine did not allow juice, or any non protein liquid calories. I was also on full liquids, as opposed to clear, as soon as I was discharged from the hospital. So that meant Protein Drinks from day 1.

Yeah, I over bought, too. Also, the things I liked pre, I hated post so there was that. I didn't waste my time with the juice do to the 10 to 1 dilution. My taste buds are coming back around to normal though.

I would probably recommend to anyone not to buy too much. You will still be able to go to the store. Just have some bullion and crystal light or whatever sugar free drink on hand for when you first get home. Buy the rest as you go along. Unless of course you have money to burn, and tons of extra pantry space for stuff you may not end up liking/using.