Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe its all in my mind, maybe not

I had the sleeve and a hiatal hernia repair on March 26th 2018 my starting stats were 265.5 I am now at 256.

I know that a lot of this journey is mental. I just want to know if there's anyone else out there that still feels like they might be hungry because I do and it hasn't even been a full two weeks. I'm getting my fluids in, I'm doing really well with my Fluid intake and I'm doing my two Protein Shakes a day - meeting my Protein requirements but I'm still really struggling with always thinking about food and I know that I need to stay busy which I am but I'm afraid. I just want to know if this is a normal feeling that anyone else is or has gone through because I do definitely feel fuller faster which I love but I'm just scared that I'm always thinking about food and I know that it's mental but I'm like I said I'm really scared. My follow-up appointment with my surgeon is next week so I will definitely take this up with him but in the meantime I wanted to hear it from the mouths of all the babes who have been through it.

I was feeling so good about losing about a pound a day since surgery, I have about a week away from my period. i retain a lot of Water during this time. Today I woke up, got on the scale and I am up a pound and the fact that I'm up is really getting to me. Like I'm truly bothered. Of course it happened the day after I went to stage 2 as directed by my bariatric nurse. So now I'm afraid of almond milk, thick liquids and basically everything except chicken and beef broth.

Anyone have anything they can offer to an overly worried new sleever.

Sincerely,

The driver of the struggle bus

Sorry you are going through this.

I am pre-op so maybe not a great help, but this journey is as much emotional as physical

Hang in there!

What you're describing is completely normal.

Some people have a tremendous reduction of hunger after surgery...some DO NOT.

I could have chewed my own leg off and eaten it the week after surgery I was so freaking hungry.

I didn't get un-hungry until I was eating about a thousand calories a day.

Be consistent. Stick to your program. It gets better.

What you're describing is completely normal.
Some people have a tremendous reduction of hunger after surgery...some DO NOT.
I could have chewed my own leg off and eaten it the week after surgery I was so freaking hungry.
I didn't get un-hungry until I was eating about a thousand calories a day.
Be consistent. Stick to your program. It gets better.

Thank you so much that makes sense. Just glad to know I am not the only one.

Sorry you are going through this.
I am pre-op so maybe not a great help, but this journey is as much emotional as physical
Hang in there!

Yes you too! Pre op was an adventure for me to say the least! Everyday gets better physical wise its the mental thats kicking my butt! Best of luck to you!

This is not easy for you, I know. Try this: every time you have a good temptation knocking at your mental door, say to yourself "Too Bad but That food is on Vacation. Not expecting him to return soon". Then do something else, walk, turn on tv and see if you can find a low impact exercise show. I have Spectrum/Time Warner and there is a Senior Citizen one , sometimes I just March in place, go wash your hands, you might not be cleared to vacuum but how about dusting? If your house isn't dusty come to mine, I have gas heat and 2 cats, one must be shedding some winter fur. Go lurk on Bariatric Pal if all else fails, see if anyone has a problem you've already solved, if so, give them your advice. My former bariatric surgeon didn't love me like he should, didn't respect me enough to do my surgery. Guess I could have started a thread about that,but I didn't. He may think he's well rid of me, well jokes on him because I KNOW I'm well rid of him. I've lived too long to hang around a man who don't want me, be it professionally or out in the real world. I'll take,my little hand, wave my little hand and say Bye Bye Dr M, you had your chance, you blew it then I 'll give him the thought of what a door can do to him. I don't get peeved often but when I do I'm H*** on Heels. So pfft on him , and while I'm thinking of that I'm not hungry at all. Make your own kind of music today because only you,know the right song to sing. And I'll catch you on the flip side![emoji13]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I am little over 3 weeks out and some days, I am starving! Last night I couldn't stop thinking about a grilled cheese sandwich. So I feel you.

I’m one month out and I was plateaued for 2 weeks!!! I freaked too-then I lost 10lbs in less than a week....it’s normal!

Thank you all! Sorry I haven't been on here to check (lots of dr. Appts) I appreciate everyones responses and I hope everyone worked through. I think it's something thats going to haunt me for a while but im working on it.. A lot has to do with me being bored and being an emotional eater!!

[emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]