Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any MAY sleevers???

16 minutes ago, LovableLisha said:

Could you be lactose intolerant? Because I have the same symptoms with the shakes and im scared to mix the shakes with Water lol
Yes two weeks would be good for you. I use to teach pre-k and the children keep you on your toes. Can you have sf pudding?

I don't think that i am. I have 3 different brands to play around with during this phase: Isopure, nectar Syntrax (the big sampler pack- like 17 flavors), Premier clear shakes, Premier non-clear shakes. I also bought the PB2 powder in regular and chocolate to add to the Isopure. I think that I will buy some Almond Milk. I was using my Mio with the Isopure and it was great. I also bought the SF pops. I need to buy some more Mios and SF Jello. I might buy a few boxes of SF pudding. I was looking at the nutrition label and I don't know why I can't mix that in for variety.

I am finally starting my 2 week preop diet tomorrow. It's interesting reading all the diets given preop. I'm glad I don't have to do a liquid diet and can have low carb vegetables and a little lean Protein. I think missing dairy will be hardest but my dietician said I can have a splash milk in my coffee. By the way Is anyone having trouble with this app.it keeps freezing and if I try to delete a letter it deletes half a sentence

2 minutes ago, jules1 said:

I am finally starting my 2 week preop diet tomorrow. It's interesting reading all the diets given preop. I'm glad I don't have to do a liquid diet and can have low carb vegetables and a little lean Protein. I think missing dairy will be hardest but my dietician said I can have a splash milk in my coffee. By the way Is anyone having trouble with this app.it keeps freezing and if I try to delete a letter it deletes half a sentence

In some ways, I wish that I didn't have to do the liquid diet, but I am going to have to do something of that nature after my surgery- so maybe this is a good thing. I'm surprised they are allowing you to have coffee. I do plan on having coffee or tea post surgery after I make sure that I am staying hydrated. Apparently, that is why my plan doesn't allow it. Just can't believe that it is literally 2ish weeks away for us!

7 hours ago, Taoz said:

Ooooh, and I just noticed in my info on the left that at 115kg I've now dropped down to BMI 46 :) (much better than the 51/52 I was sitting at early last year.

Oh, and hubby just laughed at me telling my little swan to hurry up and get to surgery date already :)

Best wishes and positive thoughts to all my May buddies!!!

That is so good and imagine the kilos you'll lose over next 2 weeks preop(starvation diet)Lol. I am so looking forward to getting under 100kg again. I know when I went up that extra 10kg from90's -100kg I really noticed it physically and mentally. Every bit we lose I'm positive will give us more energy and enthusiasm. It's hard work carrying our big loads of weight. I know often I have felt so trapped in my own body. It's not like an uncomfortable outfit you can just rip off and feel fine. It's funny but I was due the surgery 3 years ago and found out a few days before my bariatric ordered gastroscope I was pregnant. If I hadn't realised and gone ahead I would've lost my baby. Anyway now it's time for me to focus on myself for a change and I know my boys will benefit.

3 hours ago, melmssc said:

In some ways, I wish that I didn't have to do the liquid diet, but I am going to have to do something of that nature after my surgery- so maybe this is a good thing. I'm surprised they are allowing you to have coffee. I do plan on having coffee or tea post surgery after I make sure that I am staying hydrated. Apparently, that is why my plan doesn't allow it. Just can't believe that it is literally 2ish weeks away for us!

That makes sense about coffee afterwards. I keep thinking about everything I'll miss like coffee and wine but I hope it will be different after surgery and I won't really notice it with stomach changes. I'm glad I can have coffee preop or I would find it hard to cope in morning with fighting kids, temper tantrums and moody cranky hubby.😱

I don't think that i am. I have 3 different brands to play around with during this phase: Isopure, nectar Syntrax (the big sampler pack- like 17 flavors), Premier clear shakes, Premier non-clear shakes. I also bought the PB2 powder in regular and chocolate to add to the Isopure. I think that I will buy some Almond Milk. I was using my Mio with the Isopure and it was great. I also bought the SF pops. I need to buy some more Mios and SF Jello. I might buy a few boxes of SF pudding. I was looking at the nutrition label and I don't know why I can't mix that in for variety.

I bought the Nectar Syntrax Cookies n cream and its good but my surgeon won't allow almond milk. I can have soymilk but thats gross lol how are the premier shakes and waters? I was going to buy some next week. The chocolate sf pudding taste just like the real thing! I see everyone's diet is different from each others. I can't even have coffe and I love my coffee [emoji30]

Yay!!! You're so close! And at least you get solids and coffee. Lol. I can't have any coffee. No dairy??? Not even skim milk?
Yes the app won't open for me. It keeps crashing everytime I open it. I uninstalled snd it still did the same thing.

Hi, all. Am new to the forum. Surgery date is May 1. Have all you May sleevers started your pre- diets? Are you feeling the need for one last sundae before jumping in?

Hi, all. Am new to the forum. Surgery date is May 1. Have all you May sleevers started your pre- diets? Are you feeling the need for one last sundae before jumping in?

Welcome, I'm May 2nd. I know what you mean about last treats. I was imagining making hot fudge for some ice cream for desert tonight and I don't really eat icecream. I even made apple crumble for desert other night as I imagined I wanted it and I don't eat sweets lol. My sons thought it was the best thing ever though as I rarely bake them sugary things. They were all blissed out[emoji1]

My liquid diet starts on Tuesday, ND I've definitely had some food funerals. I've lost 16 pounds on the pre-op diet and I'm pretty sure I gained back 5 in the last week. Surprisingly I couldn't even eat most of it, my mindset is already different and ready for the new lifestyle.

I'm hoping for approval, my paperwork was submitted to insurance Friday. And they want me to stick to schedule. I'll be so upset if I'm a week into the liquid diet and it's denied!

I'm glad I can have coffee preop or I would find it hard to cope in morning with fighting kids, temper tantrums and moody cranky hubby.[emoji33]

This. Is. My. Life. LOL.

I think I'd really struggle on full liquids only diet for weeks of pre op. I'm lucky my surgeon found that too many people fail an all liquid diet and the stuff they fall back on is generally worse than including just a meat and veggies real dinner during pre op. Only my final day before surgery is all liquids.

I didn't really get to have any food funerals. The bariatric physician wanted me on a pre op diet for 4 weeks ahead of surgery, but when I saw the surgeon a few days later there was a theatre opening only 3 weeks later that he was happy to book me in, so my pre op began immediately lol.

I'm still not tolerating a Meal Replacement shake in the morning, as it makes me feel queasy for at least an hour. Most days I've been having a single scrambled egg and a coffee with 200ml 1% milk as my Breakfast (is less calories than the VLCD shake, and once my Protein Water powder arrives I can include an extra 15g protein in my coffee so will be about equivalent protein). After that I can bring myself to spoon-eat/drink a Protein Shake make with lots of ice for lunch and don't get queasy. If I get hungry mid afternoon I have some homemade veggie& chicken stock Soup while I look forward to a relatively normal meat and steamed veggies dinner. I've been dropping a half kilo a day on this so I figure it's working ok.

11 hours ago, LovableLisha said:

I bought the nectar Syntrax Cookies n cream and its good but my surgeon won't allow almond milk. I can have soymilk but thats gross lol how are the premier shakes and waters? I was going to buy some next week. The chocolate sf pudding taste just like the real thing! I see everyone's diet is different from each others. I can't even have coffe and I love my coffee

I just got hold of the bodie'z Protein waters available in Australia and for me they are much easier to drink than regular meal replacement shakes. They taste more like Gatorade. Thankfully the Aussie ones are sweetened with Stevia (aspartame causes me nasty headaches). I'll be taking few bottles of ready to drink protein waters into hospital with me and probably some of the clear unsweetened and unflavored powder to include in any hot drinks/broth I have (bodie'z can be added to hot liquids under 80 degrees C).

11 hours ago, LovableLisha said:

I bought the nectar Syntrax Cookies n cream and its good but my surgeon won't allow almond milk. I can have soymilk but thats gross lol how are the premier shakes and waters? I was going to buy some next week. The chocolate sf pudding taste just like the real thing! I see everyone's diet is different from each others. I can't even have coffe and I love my coffee

I just got hold of the bodie'z Protein waters available in Australia and for me they are much easier to drink than regular meal replacement shakes. They taste more like Gatorade. Thankfully the Aussie ones are sweetened with Stevia (aspartame causes me nasty headaches). I'll be taking few bottles of ready to drink protein waters into hospital with me and probably some of the clear unsweetened and unflavored powder to include in any hot drinks/broth I have (bodie'z can be added to hot liquids under 80 degrees C).

Beginning to get pretty frustrated. My insurance gives two options, 3 month program or 6 months program. Both have a different set of requirements. I completed the three month program, my insurance covered most of the procedures and I chose to pay out of pocket for nutritionist and Psychologist, about 400 total. What they're telling me is that it has to be 6 months and to disregard what my policy says. Any advice? Btw, surgery is scheduled May 1, and I start the liquid diet tomorrow.