Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First consult super nervous.

How was that experience for everyone?

I’m super nervous, not sure what to expect or what they’ll do lol

Thanks for your help!

When I went for my consult I met with the doctor was weighed had my bp checked had my height checked and then when me and the doc sat and talked we went over my medical history my intake history and previous diets. He talked to me about what surgery I wanted and what he thought was best. We both agreed rny bypass was best and he even gave me a goal weight after putting some numbers in a basic calculator. So I hope this helps I'm always open to questions about my nutritionist my program and me as well

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sounds like you are starting out smoothly and soundly. I will be watching for updates to your story. The only thing better than reading others stories will be finishing my own. I want to be a Spring Sensation instead of a Summer Squall[emoji14][emoji40][emoji14]

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

No story to share per se. Just in the same boat. My first consultation is Wednesday afternoon and I'm excited, nervous, anxious, and feel like throwing up all at once.

I had my consultation October of last year. Like one of the previous posts stated I was weighed, asked my height, and had my blood pressure read. First one of the nurses briefly went over things with me and then the surgeon came in to speak with me. We went over my diet, how active I am, how much weight I’ve lost on my own in the past. He asked what surgery I was looking to do and I told him that originally I was looking at the sleeve but that after doing more research it seems that I should do the bypass. He then told me that bypass was the best option for me because I have a metabolism problem (I don’t have a real appetite and my body hold on to weight) and because I have minor GERD and a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and stroke. He gave me a list of requirements from my insurance, went over the list of places I could go for the requirements that were covered by my insurance, and referral papers for each appointment (the papers were moreover for records, he called in most of my appointments for me). It was a good experience and it may seem overwhelming at times but it honestly goes by kind of quick. I have 2 more nutrition appointments and a psych evaluation to do before we submit to insurance. Best wishes and sorry about this long winded response!

No story to share per se. Just in the same boat. My first consultation is Wednesday afternoon and I'm excited, nervous, anxious, and feel like throwing up all at once.

Good luck! Just had mine done and it was totally not what I expected. He is a really nice doctor and isn’t condescending like others I’ve spoken with.

I had my consultation October of last year. Like one of the previous posts stated I was weighed, asked my height, and had my blood pressure read. First one of the nurses briefly went over things with me and then the surgeon came in to speak with me. We went over my diet, how active I am, how much weight I’ve lost on my own in the past. He asked what surgery I was looking to do and I told him that originally I was looking at the sleeve but that after doing more research it seems that I should do the bypass. He then told me that bypass was the best option for me because I have a metabolism problem (I don’t have a real appetite and my body hold on to weight) and because I have minor GERD and a family history of diabetes, high blood pressure, and stroke. He gave me a list of requirements from my insurance, went over the list of places I could go for the requirements that were covered by my insurance, and referral papers for each appointment (the papers were moreover for records, he called in most of my appointments for me). It was a good experience and it may seem overwhelming at times but it honestly goes by kind of quick. I have 2 more nutrition appointments and a psych evaluation to do before we submit to insurance. Best wishes and sorry about this long winded response!

I appreciate it!! Thanks so much!

On 03/28/2018 at 21:19, linadarling said:

How was that experience for everyone?

I’m super nervous, not sure what to expect or what they’ll do lol

Thanks for your help! [emoji5]

How is your journey going? Hope all is well!

I think you'll find the good surgeon's care about you as a person, my impression is: bariatric surgery is not the easiest of the surgical specialities, but the ability to effect,such changes in people's lives is immensely,gratifying.💞💜😝

I had the usual weight/height/BP and then the nurse went over my history. The doctor came in and at first he seemed very...intimidating? I guess is the word. He's very stern. Flat out told me that once I commit I better not back out because if I give 100% he'll give 100% right back. He told me he was going to schedule a follow up, and a visit with the nutritionist, and *if* he was happy with my progress, he would take me on as a patient. I left that visit in a little bit of shock lol.

I went back last week and he's still a little stern but he also agreed that I had made enough progress and he would continue with the next steps. He's kind of like that teacher that everyone says is mean but you realize later that he just had high expectations and that it was the best thing for you. I feel like I'm in good hands.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app