Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey I just got approved on Thursday!! My preop appointment is April 25th so I am also looking at a May date.

How are you feeling as the day approaches? I just got my date (5/2) and I can’t believe it’s so soon. I’m nervous and excited!

WOOHOO... good for you !!! My pre op appointment is May 2 .... surgery on the 7th.

Im very excited , but a little nervous. I start The liquid diet on Monday. Some say it’s easy others say .... not so much 😔. I think A lot of that diet for the patient is phycological. Hope it’s not to bad .

How are you feeling about everything ?

17 hours ago, baribetty said:

MAY 2! Let me know if anyone what’s to be buddies!

May 2 here as well for my gastric sleeve, though I'm in South Australia so will be half a day ahead of USA.

Half way through my 3 week VLCD and doing well. (Detailed Taoz update on sleeve forum).

Awesome .... as for me May 7th ! You do 3 weeks of the liquid diet ? I do 2 weeks. That starts tomorrow. It’s not so bad ? That’s great to hear ! I cant wait to start this journey ! I’m have a gastric bypass done , repair hernia and gallbladder( stones) removal all at the same time. More concerned of post op pain than anything else ! I’m sure I’ll do it ... seems like everyone does. It’s great that we can have this surgery and make ourselves much much healthier and a lot skinnier 😊👍🏻 ! Keep doing well in that liquid diet ... May 2nd I’ll be here before you know it 😁👍🏻❗️You’re ahead of even by only 5 days. !!!! It’s just so exciting and a little scary , but I’m sure we’ll Both do well !!!!

Debbie

Btw ... still waiting for my approval 🏼

Hope it comes soon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, Debbir said:

Awesome .... as for me May 7th ! You do 3 weeks of the liquid diet ? I do 2 weeks. That starts tomorrow. It’s not so bad ? That’s great to hear ! I cant wait to start this journey ! I’m have a gastric bypass done , repair hernia and gallbladder( stones) removal all at the same time. More concerned of post op pain than anything else ! I’m sure I’ll do it ... seems like everyone does. It’s great that we can have this surgery and make ourselves much much healthier and a lot skinnier 😊👍🏻 ! Keep doing well in that liquid diet ... May 2nd I’ll be here before you know it 😁👍🏻❗️You’re ahead of even by only 5 days. !!!! It’s just so exciting and a little scary , but I’m sure we’ll Both do well !!!!

Debbie

Yep. The surgeons bariatric physician actually wanted me on a 4 week pre op diet (BMI 49 at the time) however when I saw the surgeon a few days later he had a surgery date available only 3 weeks from that day that he was happy to book me in for so I started pre-op VLCD immediately after the appointment lol.

I was assigned VLCD shakes for Breakfast and lunch, with a more regular meat and veggies for dinner, however I found my tummy won't tolerate a shake in the morning (makes me nauseous for at least an hour) so I've been having a single scrambled egg and coffee with 200ml 1% milk for my breakfasts. It adds up to slightly less calories than a shake, and I'm still getting minimum 80g Protein a day (the shake has 34g).

During my liquid diet .. 3-4 shakes for meals . Snacks ...SF Jello , low sodium Chicano broth , SF ice pops ( no red or purple ) , up to 2 cups of Decaf coffee and we have to add a Fiber supplement to every shack. Also one cup of cooked veggies or 2 cups of raw veggies. That’s it .. and if course 64oz of Water not including any of the liquids I mentioned above. Day before surgery Clear Liquids ONLY !!!! It’s going to be a loooong 2 weeks lol

May 2 here as well for my gastric sleeve, though I'm in South Australia so will be half a day ahead of USA.
Half way through my 3 week VLCD and doing well. (Detailed Taoz update on sleeve forum).

I’m having a sleeve done too! How are you feeling? I’m noticing I’m not being very productive, i think my nerves are
Manifesting as distraction!

10 hours ago, baribetty said:

I’m having a sleeve done too! How are you feeling? I’m noticing I’m not being very productive, i think my nerves are
Manifesting as distraction!

I'm doing pretty good. I'm a little worried that my metabolism/hunger signals might be broken or something though.. as I'm really not getting very hungry on the pre-op diet despite only being on 600-700 calories.. and yesterday and today I was really late having my lunch - was planning to have my shake at 3pm but a friend stopped over and was here chatting until 5pm... I figured it was a bit late to have a shake at that point so just had a slice of cheese and a small Tomato for lunch ahead of meat and veggies for dinner at 7. So many others are posting that they feel like they are starving on the pre-op so it seems really weird (though I appreciate that I'm lucky to not be feeling hungry!).

I did have a laugh at the big RED LETTER WARNING I got after downloading the myfitnesspal app and trying to submit today's total food in the food diary... it was warning me that it's unhealthy to eat so few calories (608) and could cause nutritional deficiencies and stuff.. and that if I was logging less than the minimum (I think 1000?) it wouldn't display the food log in my feed or include it in 5 week projections or some such. Looking it up online, it's apparently to avoid fueling eating disorders etc, but it doesn't help much when you are actually on a scheduled bariatric pre or post op diet! nevermind, it still stores your food log and at least it helps calculate calorie and macro nutrient totals (which I had already pretty much figured out in an excel spreadsheet using nutrition labels and googling nutrient profiles for things like tomatoes.)

I'm also due TODAY for Aunt Flo to come ruin my week but no sign so far... I have surgery in 9 days and have crazy heavy painful periods for the first 4 days.. the last thing I need is it hitting on surgery day, so she damned well better hurry up already! (def not preggers as hubby got sorted over a year ago :D)

I've been really busy trying to get everything I can done in my Autumn veggie patch before I'm unable to garden for at least a few weeks (got my broccoli and pea seeds in a month ago, garlic planted last week, and carrots a couple of nights ago, but still need to clear off and plant a 1m x 4m bed with onion seeds!).

Same happens to me on the my fitness pal app try “LOSE IT” it lets you log regardless the amount of calories you add and gives you projections as well I love it !!

Hello I am May 7th and doing my liver shrinking diet right now :)

2 hours ago, N.Lyshay said:

I got my date today!! May 22

Yay! Congratulations