Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 days post op rxy gastric bypass so lost..

I previously had an lap band from june 2011 and removed july 2017 had to do the 6 months ins requirments just had surgery although it was approved I had already lost about 17 pounds and decided mostly for other health reasons. everything i never imagined has happened. I feel confused everyone has different opinions on what can be eaten and no one talked about the gas diahrea and bloating. no one said anythng about this tube that is hanging and leaking. no one talked about no trusting a fart either haha... I feel like no one is my house hold understands how hard it is to smell and see the foods they know I love to eat. I have even chewed chips and bacon and chicken just to spit it out but feel strangley satisfied and guilty. I know I can't swallow but damn it feels good to chew. I think I might be miss understanding all the phases of the diet. I don't geel full at all. I can eat 8 oz of broth or foods mixed in blender no problem. everything I read says i shouldnt be able to do that. I moved to phase to full liquids which is no differene from consistency of phase two soooo I need help and guidance on texture and ideas for phase two. why can I eat more or slurp more? why do I feel I need to chew but would not dare swallow this is weird. Im not sleeping either is that still the anesthisia? I left hospital after 30 hours from having my surgery i just wanted to get back to my 5 kids.

Ok first things first take a breath. Now from my binder I'm pre surg by the way but you can have things like Soup think Tomato butternut squash anything that is not starchy you can have yogurt Greek is best I personally love oikos triple zero. You can have Protein Shakes provided they are whey isolate first ingredient.

Sent from my SM-T380 using BariatricPal mobile app

Everything you are taking in now is liquid, or should be, so you will not feel full the way you will when you progress to solid food.

The tube is for drainage; it is a pain, but it will be removed fairly soon. I didn't have one with the sleeve surgery but did have two of them after my hysterectomy, so I know--I hated them, but they did what they needed to.

If you were given pain meds, maybe try taking one before bed to see if that helps you sleep. Otherwise, talk to your medical team--you need your rest (whether to heal from surgery or take care of five kids!).

Good luck.

You know much of what you are(and what I someday soon will be) encountering reminds me of after my 1st childbirth. Sure I had gone to childbirth classes, I had heard about all the rainbows[emoji304]the stars in the heavens aligning in my favor, the sparkly hearts and lovely music! What they forgot to mention the muss, fuss and bother of it all. You come home with your nether regions drippy and sore. You have come off that post delivery high when everybody congratulated you because you had performed a miracle, now you are tired and close to bone-a** weary. Every time you start to sit down (which hurts like they chopped something off) or lie down, Junior lets out a squall. There is something utterly demanding about a small baby crying and like a tired old firehorse you are back on duty. As time goes by you and Junior do settle into a routine but at 1st it's about as easy and satisfying as doing the breaststroke in a large vat of pancake Syrup.< /p>

And in its way the post surgery 1st days at home will be the same. But many others have gone through the same things & emerged On the other side victorious.You and I will too, this I do believe. And there are oodles of people on BP who have your back emotionally. Vent if you need to at the sheer injustice of it all, but in the end it will be SO WORTH IT! [emoji173] and hugs,to you ,honey!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I previously had an lap band from june 2011 and removed july 2017 had to do the 6 months ins requirments just had surgery although it was approved I had already lost about 17 pounds and decided mostly for other health reasons. everything i never imagined has happened. I feel confused everyone has different opinions on what can be eaten and no one talked about the gas diahrea and bloating. no one said anythng about this tube that is hanging and leaking. no one talked about no trusting a fart either haha... I feel like no one is my house hold understands how hard it is to smell and see the foods they know I love to eat. I have even chewed chips and bacon and chicken just to spit it out but feel strangley satisfied and guilty. I know I can't swallow but damn it feels good to chew. I think I might be miss understanding all the phases of the diet. I don't geel full at all. I can eat 8 oz of broth or foods mixed in blender no problem. everything I read says i shouldnt be able to do that. I moved to phase to full liquids which is no differene from consistency of phase two soooo I need help and guidance on texture and ideas for phase two. why can I eat more or slurp more? why do I feel I need to chew but would not dare swallow this is weird. Im not sleeping either is that still the anesthisia? I left hospital after 30 hours from having my surgery i just wanted to get back to my 5 kids.

I had the lapband in 2009 and it was removed in 2017. I had RNY in Dec. I also had difficulty with feeling full and I had discussed this with other lapband revision patients and they have experienced this as well. I just made sure I measured everthing so I would heal properly. I still measure everything, because I do not get a full feeling. I used to cry when my family ate, because I wanted their food and I could not eat it. I spent a lot of time in my room when they ate to help me cope. When I started eating food, I started to feel better and I stopped feeling sorry for myself. I ended up being lactose intolerant, so I was not able to consume any diary. This could be the issue behind some of your GI issues. I felt so much better once all dairy was out of my diet. I used nectar Fuzzy Navel and GENEPRO to help with my Protein needs when I was on liquids. By the way, I also tasted food and then spit it out. We have food issues and it takes time after surgery (maybe a lifetime) to work through our food issues. We need to be kind and love ourselves even when we make a bad choice. I hope this helps you to feel better.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T818T using BariatricPal mobile app