Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IRAQ WAR your thoughts

Anyone interested in hearing what I mentally translated the above email to mean?

it all depends on how you want to spin it.

it all depends on how you want to spin it.
My translation would probably get me yelled at by quite a few people. Especially since you could probably use "Dueling Banjos" as a soundtrack to it.

I am interested!!! PMSL!! I was going to post my take on it, please go first!

Hi Ninna,do You Support Terrorist Then?i Say Keep The Solders There,and Thats What There Trained To Do,they Chose To Join The Army.i Also Think Aust Is To Soft.bring Back The Death Penalty,im Sure There Would Be Alot Less Crime,and Yes Im A Christian,but If You Take A Life Then You Should Lose Yours.god Does Love And Forgive Us, We Will All Be Juged.,also I Know Some Familys With There Sons In The War,and They Say There Sons Say They Are Doing There Job And That They Want To Stay There,if You Pull Trops Out To Early There Country Goes To Crap Again

Hmmm define terrorist? Whats your take on say......the IRA

Excuse me for my ignorance but did Iraq declare war on America and I missed it?

The country goes to crap again??? Here was me thinking that before we invaded another member state of the UN ( in direct contravention of the UN's wishes) they still had running Water and power..........

The old "let's compare Iraq to WWII" argument again. Well, let's compare at the most basic level. Japan, Germany, and Italy declared war against us. Iraq did not. If Iraq had declared war against us, I'm sure it would not have been too hard to gather up enough support to use military force.

However, the Bush administration does have one thing in common with World War II...they seem to think Nazi and Japanese torture methods are ok:

During World War II, Japanese troops, especially the Kempeitai, as well the Gestapo, the German secret police, used waterboarding as a method of torture. The German technique was called the German equivalent of "u-boat". During the Double Tenth Incident, waterboarding consisted of binding or holding down the victim on his back, placing a cloth over his mouth and nose, and pouring Water onto the cloth. In this version, interrogation continued during the torture, with the interrogators beating the victim if he did not reply and the victim swallowing Water if he opened his mouth to answer or breathe; when the victim could ingest no more water, the interrogators would beat or jump on his distended stomach.

The practice garnered renewed attention and notoriety in September 2006 when further reports charged that the Bush administration had authorized the use of waterboarding on extrajudicial prisoners of the United States, often referred to as "detainees" in the U.S. war on terror.

Personally, I dig facts more than a diatribe on how things "used to be" and using such quaint terms as Sodom and Gomorrah..

I am interested!!! PMSL!! I was going to post my take on it, please go first!
Okey-dokie, here goes! :biggrin1:

My translation of the previously posted email:

"Them there brownies is invadin' GOD'S COUNTRY! An' it's all because o' them homos, Atheists, and loose wimmin! They be sinners! In the olden days, Americans knew how to torture folks! And they liked it!"

My son is there now, this is his 3rd deployment. I dont agree with them being there. But I whole heartedly support the soldiers. We should never have another Vietnam Welcome Home. But bring them home please.

Please dont misinterpret what I was saying 2B, I have good friends who's DH's are out there at the moment too, another one is due back in Afghanistan in 2 weeks time, I wish them godspeed home too.

Lauren - You took the words right out of my mouth!!! Although you probably had a much wittier take on it than me!!ROFLMAO!!!

Okey-dokie, here goes! :biggrin1:

My translation of the previously posted email:

"Them there brownies is invadin' GOD'S COUNTRY! An' it's all because o' them homos, Atheists, and loose wimmin! They be sinners! In the olden days, Americans knew how to torture folks! And they liked it!"

and thats what liberals would think. :) Libs like the break down of moral society.

and thats what liberals would think. :) Libs like the break down of moral society.
Hey, I think moral society has improved, for the most part. It's no longer considered acceptable to call someone a "nigger" or a "faggot." It's no longer acceptable for a man to hit a woman or to rape his wife. It's no longer acceptable for a white person to tell a black person to go to the back of the bus. It's no longer acceptable to.... Well, I guess you get my point.

See, I don't wish for us to be back in the old days, because I know what else happened in the old days. And today is a much better time, IMO. I think anyone who looks at society 50 or 100 years ago and calls it "moral" is just wearing blinders. Sure, people didn't talk as much about sex or drugs or whatever, but it still happened. Add that to everything else that was acceptable in society back then, and you get a society that was most definitely not moral. The most you could say for it is that it pretended to be moral.

Chris: Thank you for sharing your beliefs and also thank you (as well as some others here) for being willing to serve your country. You are all heroes! My son is currently in Afghanistan and he sees the difference we are making there. Hopefully Iraq will turn out better than it appears at this point in time.

cj ole: I appreciated the long article you posted. I am old enough to remember when society was more like that. It did seem like a more moral time, though not perfect. I enjoyed remembering! Thank you for posting.

:help:THE I.R.A ARE A SECT OF TERROIST AND THEY HAVE CAUSEED A GREAT DEAL OF PAIN AND TERROR TO THERE FELLOW CITIZENS....

IRAQ STARTED IT ALL BY MURDERING AND RAPEING ,BLACKMAILING.AND DESTROYING PEOPLES LIVES

THE GOVERNMENT STOLE ALL THEIR MONEY AND POSSESSION AND KIDNAPPED THEIR DAUGHTERS,,,,,,,

IF THE USA DIDNT INTERVENE WITH ALL FELLOW COUNTRIES IRAQ WOULD BE FINNISHED..OIL WOULD BE THROUGH THE ROOF ETC

HOPEFULLY THE SOLDIERS CAN COME HOME SOON WHEN PEACE IS THERE.....

HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND

THIS IS MY VIEW POINT,AND THATS ALL IM SAYING ON THE MATTER.THE END[sMILE]:notagree

I guess that IMO, my post spoke more to the fact that we, as AMERICANS, should stand behind the decisions of our country's leaders. We put them there, the majority of people elected them, and now we must, or at least should, support them. Surely, we have the right not to agree. That is part of this great country. But, when all is said and done, our support should and must be behind the decisions that they make. Do you people remember 9/11?? Is it so far in the past ALREADY that you have forgotten the pain, grief and agony that this great country endured? How can that be? We have a duty to the victims of this ATTACK to ensure that it never happens again, and we need to remind the people who stood behind the man who instigated it all that we WILL NOT stand back and let it happen again! No, I guess I don't "agree" with everything that has happened with the war in Iraq, however, I KNOW that I will say and do ANYTHING to feel safe in this country, my home!

CJ

I dont know if this is a subject that has been done to death, or is even PC for that matter, but as a UK girl I was just wondering what your take on the ongoing war is?

I get torn, because I feel that we have no business being there, but still have a great deal of sympathy and concern for my friends whose DH's are serving out there.

Nina x

I have two nephews who served in Iraq, and one more who is there now. So for my family and those young men over there I have to support the troops.

That said - we had NO FREAKIN RIGHT to invade that country. The implications were not well thought out. It was as if we couldn't find Bin Laden, so let's go grab somebody else who is evil. Yes Saddam was evil and his sons more so, however we started something that we didn't understand and can't control. And the loss of historical artifacts is so sad to me.