Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Daylight Saveings

JUST WONDERD HOW OTHER PEOPLE FELT ABOUT THIS,SHOULD HAVE A VOTE[sMILE]IM ON A FARM,SO IT AFFECTS MY KIDS BIG TIME WITH SCHOOL BUSES AND TRYING TO GET THEM TO BED AT NIGHT,I CANT STAND DAYLIGHT SAVEINGS,ANYWAY,I GEUSS SOME PEOPLE ENJOY IT.I WOULD VOTE AGAINST IT:mad:

Are you in the UK? I thought that was the only place that still did daylight saving.

I love it when the clocks go back, cos the first morning you get a lie-in, hate it when they go forwards again!

I would vote against.

Nina x

I am totally FOR it! We live on the eastern edge of our time zone in Wisconsin, and it gets dark early enough even with DST. In a couple of weeks, when we have to move back, it will be pitch dark at 5 pm. It gets very depressing--espeically in January and February. That's when we pack on the pounds!

Are you in the UK? I thought that was the only place that still did daylight saving.

Nina x

No, we have it in Canada and the U.S. I personally hate it. :) It takes me weeks to adjust to summer time. :( This is because I am not a morning person. :tired I wish we would stick to one time all the time.

No, we have it in Canada and the U.S. I personally hate it. :) It takes me weeks to adjust to summer time. :( This is because I am not a morning person. :tired I wish we would stick to one time all the time.

Except for Indiana! That always ticked me off. Why do THEY not have to get their times messed up? [/whine] :huytsao

Yah, one of our 3 prairie provinces (either Saskchewan or Manitoba) refuses to do it, too. I am always so envious. *whine*

when i lived in AZ we didnt change clocks.

i hate when you leave for work in the morning and its dark out and you leave work and its dark out. not a fan! i thought the new change made it come later in november but i thought i heard this morning its next week.

I would vote for.

I am in one of the only large cities on the east coat of Australia that doesn't have DLS, and honestly it is a pain in the ass.

I am all for Queensalnd being split into two time zones (the south east on DLS, and the northern area's in regular time to accommodate the farmers)

WOW,THAT APPEARS FAIRLY EVEN,NINA,IM IN W.A,AND AT THE MOMEANT THE CLOCK IS AN HOUR LATER,WICH IS BETTER THAN AN HOUR EARLYER[THAT NORMALLY HAPPENS IN WINTER AND NO ONE WANTS TO GET OUT OF BED]I LOOKED AT THE CLOCK YESTERDAY,AND IT WAS 6 PM[THAT'S NORMALY OUR dinner TIME]SO I HAD TO GET THAT DONE IN A HURRY[MY OVEN DOESNT KEEP ITS TEMP,SO IT TAKES TWICE AS LONG]I DONT REALLY FEEL DAYLIGHT SAVINGS GIVES FAMILYS MORE TIME WITH THERE KIDS AS YOU GET VERY TIED,AND OUR FAMILY DOESNT HAVE A 9 TO 5 JOB,MY HUSBAND LEAVES AT 7.15 AM AND DOESNT TEND TO GET HOME TILL 7.45/8PM AND ITS NOT HARVEST TIME YET[MY HUSBAND IS A FARM HAND.WE HAD TO LEAVE OUR FARM DUE TO MEANY YEARS OF DROUGHT.ANY WAY,I HOPE THEY END UP VOTEING IN W.A TO GET RID OF DAYLIGHT SAVINGS[WOULD MAKE ME VERY HAPPY:bounce:NOT SURE WHAT I HAVE DONE TO GET A GAP LIKE THAT SORRY.ANY WAY,ALL THE BEST TO EVERY ONE AND THANKS FOR YOUR FEEDBACK,IM ALSO STUCK ON CHRISTMAS GIFTS FOR MY 3 BOYS,ITS HARD I HAVE A 5YR OLD 9YR OLD AND A 10YR OLD BOY,THE 2 OLDER ONES ARE HARD/THERE PAST THE BABY STUFF,BUT NOT READY FOR GROWN UP THINGS,DONT KNOW?:eek:ANY WAY 2MTHS TO GO TO CHRISTMAS:nervousTHANKS AGAIN.FROM GAIL

I just simply cant understand why people wouldnt want an hour extra in their day.

I go from having to run on the treadmill to being able to head out after dinner, my very favourite time to exercise - wind down, reflect on the day etc etc. I cant do that when its pitch dark, its dangerous. But when its light yet cooled down from the heat of the day, I love it.

I dont give a fig about the mornings being dark, so what? I dont do anything in the morning except getting up and showering, eating, getting the kids ready. And if I were a morning runner I wouldnt care, I actually like running in the dark, its just that at night its dangerous, at 6.45 in the morning, its less so even if it is dark.

It never affects us adjusting to it, to me you simply change the clocks, end of story. My kids have never started getting up at sparrow fart or refusing to go to bed because of daylight savings.

I tell you what though, its a blessing in some areas. When we're in Byron Bay, its the eastern most point of Australia and compared to Melbourne, the sun's up at like 4.30am in the morning, in a house with no decent blinds, it drives you nuts. Darkness for another hour would be bliss!

YEAH,IM WITH YOU,STICK TO NORMAL TIMES,NO CONFUSTION,BUT IM AGAINST DAYLIGHT SAVINGS SO IM GOING TO SAY THAT.WHY MAKE LIFE DIFFICULT[sMILE,TO MOST OF US ANYWAY,GRIN]:pI NEED TO WORK OUT HOW TO DO A SPELL CHECK[sMILE,IM A TERRIBLE SPELLER,EVEN SPELT SAVINGS WRONG FOR THE THREAD,OH DEAR]

What Would Be The Time Your Kids Would Need To Get Up For School,cause My Kids Arnt Fussy With Times,however,when You Need To Get Up At 6am To Get Out The Door By 7am To Get On A School Bus For 7.30,then Home At 4.30,then Un Pack Bags And Do Homework[that Takes Over An Hour As They Struggle,they Dont Have A Blessed Lifestyle To Play With Other Kids And Chill Out],it Makes A Vey Long Day For Kids In The Bush[they Have An Aircon Bus Now Which Is Great In Summer,but Not Everyone Has A 15min Trip To School]not Meaning To Sound Nasty,just Its Harder For Some Familys That Are Remote.more So When Its An Hour Earlyer,but Thats What The Threads For,to Complain[smile]

I am confused, the day does not get longer or shorter, its just that the hours of daylight slightly change.

Apparently it is good for the environment if it gets dark later, as there are less traffic accidents when rush hour is in daylight, and people are not turning on lights until an hour later. Do not ask me to quote the study, it is something that I read in the paper last year.

I don't get the family time comment, I mean if the family spends time reading together from 7:30 to 8:30 pm, I would assume they would continue this activity, whether night falls at 8:00 pm or 9:00pm. Maybe I missed the point.

:)I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE ENVIROMEANT,BUT I GEUSS SOME OF US GET UP EARLYER AND DONT GO TO BED WHEN WE ARE SURPOSED TO[DUE TO NOT FEELING LIKE ITS BED TIME]AND I AM NORMALY IN BED EARLY,IM NOT A NIGHT OWL PERSON.I THINK FAMILY ACTIVITIES HAPPEN AS NORMAL?DOES FOR MY FAMILY ANYWAY.:(