Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K - Week of 28 October ? 03 November

which week are you running now?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. which week are you running now?

oh yeah ... stupid question about the podcast for week 3...

you know how on week 1 he says 'get ready to start your run - GO' ... he doesnt really say GO on week 2 and i miss that cause i dunno when to actually start running (heaven forbid i go an extra few seconds).

does he say GO on week 3?

<mentally preparing for week 3>

Nope, I missed one on week 2 too. Whenever he says get ready, I just speed up. I assume its when the beat of the music starts getting faster.

Don't worry daddy. You did extra credit this week so you're allowed some rest time.

LOL losing-I notice on one of the intervals on week one he doesn't say "go" either and it throws me off for a second or two and I usually try to run an extra couple of steps on the other end of it. Funny, I noticed that too.

I will run day 3 tomorrow of week 1 so today I went to the gym and did 30min of other cardio and some strength training..and some nice stretches. aaaahhhh.

BTW, I found those Atkins caramel latte shakes and I am really excited to try them. Probably tomorrow since I already had a nectar fuzzy naval before the gym today. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for the info about them.

BTW, I found those Atkins caramel latte shakes and I am really excited to try them. Probably tomorrow since I already had a nectar fuzzy naval before the gym today. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for the info about them.

I bought mine from Amazon yesterday. I can't wait to get them!

"Go" He says it on some of the intervals but not all of them! I think it is a little hard to get used to at first because I also am waiting for him to say "go".

I did week 3 - 4x this week - the last being this morning. It is hard but feels short so I am thinking I will move on to week 4 and if I can't do the 5 minute run I will go back to week 3 and do it 2x for a week- what do you guys think of that? I dont feel like I need to up the intensity so much as make the actual workout longer. Anyone else feel the same way?

Ok you gota help me out here a little im freakin out a bit.

I made it to the Y. Me knee was a little achey. I did my weight training bit. I started my 5 min brisky on the treadmill. Knee hurting a bit. Then i tried to jog and youchy!!!

Both knees were hurting :) waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

So i stopped and just rode on the bike instead.

Im very dissapointed as now i thinking i wont be able to run till im much lighter.

Maybe give it a few days off the treadmill and they will feel better.

I can still swim and weight lift but i really wanted to buid up to running.

I think i may just be too heavy for this?

Wheres Jachut ??

Daddy, all that extra credit is catching up to you. Running 5 times a week is a lot for a beginner, and I noticed my knee was all squeeky the other day and I haven't done it since. I was going to run yesterday, but I still didn't feel right. I'm going to start back on week 3 on mon or tues. Take it easy with the running for a couple of days, and swimming will definately help, so do some of that. I know I'm not Jachut, JulieNYC, or Chickie, but I've spent a lot of time reading what they had to say, so I think I may be giving some OK advice! (Maybe not?!?!) Losing could probably help a lot too!

Oh, by the way, don't freak. We'll help each other get back into it for next week....Week 3 or 4 daddy?

AAAHhhh, I can relate to the knee thing. I was exercising in early May (right before my surgery), and injured my knee. It was a twisting injury and the orthopedist said it was a torn ligament. It's been doing great, so I started this couch to 5k slowly, it's been good. Until last night. I had to stop the workout half way because my knee started to hurt. Better safe than sorry. I just ended up walking home, then iced it (no swelling, thankfully), and I'll take it easy for a few days, only walking. It is a bit disappointing, as I am really getting into the 5K program. Oh well, hopefully our knees will cooperate as we lose the weight and take care of the knees.

Good luck to you and listen to your body. Hopefully you'll be back to running in no time.

Cindy

Whosya-sorry to hear about the knee! Take it easy though. I am not sure what the right answer is, but I would listen to your body and not push the knees too much. They used to be a big problem for me (just walking up and down stairs) and I still struggle with lunges. I hope you get the advice you need.

I just finished week one! YAY. I went out in the pouring rain and wind, so I feel super proud of myself today. The old me would never have walked or run in the rain (god forbid I get wet). hehehe

Have a great weekend.

BTW Losing, caramel latte Atkins shake=yummy! Thanks for the info.

Workout 2 week 3 complete. Will be repeating next week for a total of 5 workouts at week 3. Peeked at week 4 and almost fainted.....5 minutes of running?????????? Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

I did week 3 workout number 5 today. I also did one more interval of 90 seconds and one extra 3 minutes. I feel like I could start week 4 tomorrow I hope! It is cold here in NY and tons of marathon runners and watchers about.

I did week 3 workout number 5 today. I also did one more interval of 90 seconds and one extra 3 minutes. I feel like I could start week 4 tomorrow I hope! It is cold here in NY and tons of marathon runners and watchers about.

How awesome are you KarenG? I took one peek at week 4 and was super scared!:whoo:

Hey,

thanks for the advisoso. i feel a little better about it now! I have another funny story for you later! im off to the airport tomorrow so ill be checking in from on the road.

Dont let me down! YOu guys keep it up!

JM Espically! :) Next week, repeat week 3 sounds good to me!