Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

I’m Day 7 Post Op and I’m so tired of this liquid diet. Is it too soon to try applesauce ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same with me@lelh

If you decide to take the plunge, OP, go sloooowwwww, take tiny bites, and test the waters. No diving in. I would start with Soup.

If you have an immersion blender, you can blend Soups like French onion, creamy potato or Tomato. Then just strain out any lumpy pieces. Your blender is gonna be your bff for a while LOL!!


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m suppose to start that stuff per the surgeon Day 10 but tomorrow i will blend some Soups. Thanks Ladies I’m happy I found this Forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of Protein Shakes were using. I'm sure that if your Protein increase then you won't be hungry. Right now with what you listed you're not really getting anything nutritional which is clear that you're hungry. I think using a different brand may help but runny poop and gas is completely normal at this stage. I just worry introducing things too soon may sabotage your weight loss eventually. I only had surgery 2/14/18, but I have a lot of friends and family members that have taken this journey before me and that has been their advice.... stick to the plan. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you supposed to be on liquids for another week? Week 2 I could do yogurt, cottage cheese, refried Beans, very thin Soup, Jello, sf pudding, sf popsicles.




I guess every plan and surgeon is different. I'm on liquids for 21 days, then pureed for 21 days etc. So right now I do a Protein Water, a crystal light, broth, 80 grams worth of Protein Shake and maybe a jello

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Momo1010 said:

I’m Day 7 Post Op and I’m so tired of this liquid diet. Is it too soon to try applesauce ?

Be careful! You don’t want a leak or something caught in your staple line. If you have anything make sure there’s no chunks in it. Smooth & liquefied!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, lala_is_fabulous said:

What type of Protein Shakes were using. I'm sure that if your Protein increase then you won't be hungry. Right now with what you listed you're not really getting anything nutritional which is clear that you're hungry. I think using a different brand may help but runny poop and gas is completely normal at this stage. I just worry introducing things too soon may sabotage your weight loss eventually. I only had surgery 2/14/18, but I have a lot of friends and family members that have taken this journey before me and that has been their advice.... stick to the plan. Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I tried whey and Slim Fast Advance Nutrition. I tried low fat milk and also Almond Milk. Also i have such bad Gas pains no sleep at all these last couple of days. I had surgery 2-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, lala_is_fabulous said:


I guess every plan and surgeon is different. I'm on liquids for 21 days, then pureed for 21 days etc. So right now I do a Protein Water, a crystal light, broth, 80 grams worth of Protein Shake and maybe a jello

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh wow that is very cautious. Blend soups! That will keep you sane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg 21 Days of liquids i would die lol. I can start puréed foods Day 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Momo1010 said:

Decaf Tea, broth, sugar free popsicles, sugar free yellow, that’s it😩😩😩. I started Protein Shakes and they gave me Diarrhea and bad Gas so doctor told me to stop.

Don’t do any caffeine even decaf for at least 30 days after surgery. It’s very acidic and hard on the stomach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t do any caffeine even Decaf for at least 30 days after surgery. It’s very acidic and hard on the stomach.

I have been doing decaf with caramel Protein premier. The color of my coffee is very light and creamy. I have had no issues. I also don’t drink it hot it is iced decaf. I was told no caffeine or carbonated drinks ever period.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      The only way I can tell that I'm losing weight is from the scale and my clothes "getting bigger".
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      Still Traveling 😥😌😳😂
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      I can now buy clothes in normal stores again. Admittedly the first time when I started trying on clothes, I really had to keep myself calm. Normally trying on clothes causes me to become SOOO depressed that it take weeks just to get over it. Now, I have to keep myself from not wanting to buy everything!
      · 1 reply
      1. AngieBear

        Right?! It’s an amazing, freeing feeling.

    • allwet

      https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/fulltext/S1550-4131(19)30504-2?_returnURL=https%3A%2F%2Flinkinghub.elsevier.com%2Fretrieve%2Fpii%2FS1550413119305042%3Fshowall%3Dtrue
      · 5 replies
      1. Charlessmott

        https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/butterfly-crib-bedding/

      2. Orchids&Dragons

        Wow, I am nowhere-near smart enough to read that article! 😉

      3. Charlessmott

        https://www.winterisnotcoming.org/lounge-pillow-with-arms/

      4. JerryDew

        https://www.ivoox.com/geminis-ver-pelicula-online-completas-espanol-gratis-audios-mp3_rf_42954936_1.html

      5. JerryDew

        https://www.ivoox.com/geminis-ver-pelicula-online-completas-espanol-gratis-audios-mp3_rf_42954936_1.html

    • GreenTealael  »  seaforest

      🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥CONGRATULATIONS🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
      · 2 replies
      1. ShannaLeany

        https://www.yaplakal.com

      2. ShannaLeany

        https://www.yaplakal.com

  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×