Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid dirt

Didn't your doc give you a plan in advance with a list of what you can and cannot have? We all get told different things and doctors have their own way of doing things. Some were allowed lean meats, others (like myself) were not. liquids diets generally mean broth, speciality bariatric/protein Soups, shakes, and maybe things like Jello. The liquid diet isn't going to be tons of fun no matter how you cut it. It's a short bit of suffering for a lot of long term good.

Main thing is that you should be getting a solid answer from your clinic and not this website. Go with what your doc tells you to do.

Didn't your doc give you a plan in advance with a list of what you can and cannot have? We all get told different things and doctors have their own way of doing things. Some were allowed lean meats, others (like myself) were not. liquids diets generally mean broth, speciality bariatric/protein Soups, shakes, and maybe things like Jello. The liquid diet isn't going to be tons of fun no matter how you cut it. It's a short bit of suffering for a lot of long term good.

Main thing is that you should be getting a solid answer from your clinic and not this website. Go with what your doc tells you to do.

I got a very small list Jello, broth, shakes and of course Water and tea. But I was just looking for others who were on liquids only! I stated it’s liquids only

25 minutes ago, kcfrey10 said:

Does anyone have any tricks or tips for a 10 day pre-op liquid only diet.

I’m so confused where to even start besides broth and shakes!

Thanks in advance!

Premier Protein shakes! Best price at costco & Orgain powder on sale at Costco right now. Garden of Life plant based Protein is delicious. liquid diet means liquid. DRINK UP MY FRIEND! No cheating!

3 minutes ago, kcfrey10 said:

I got a very small list Jello, broth, shakes and of course Water and tea. But I was just looking for others who were on liquids only! I stated it’s liquids only

Yes, I can read. There's only so much you can do with liquids...lol. Honestly outside of getting some different flavors of jell-o, broth, popsicles, drinks like no calorie Powerade or Propel, and Protein Shakes there's not much else you can do. Comes down to just having to make the best of it and tough it out. The first few days can be tough, but after the third or fourth day you kind of settle into it and just ride it out.

Your mind fucks with you .lol today is my first liquid day and I never eat Breakfast just coffee in the morning and today my mind knows that it’s the first day so All of a sudden I wake up starving something that never happens to me it’s crazy

I had switched to Decaf coffee a few weeks before my liquid diet so I would have that with the caramel premiere Protein as a Creamer. There are also ways you can freeze the Protein Shakes like ice cream. My doc had a Protein Bar that I could eat once a day. I would also chew on tangerines and spit out the flesh. To me by the 4th day it’s was pretty easygoing

I am at day 7 of 14 of the liquid diet and my surgery is scheduled for 1st March. So far so good. I had been having a Protein Shake for breakfast and lunch and a regular meal often with seconds and (zero snacking) for the past 6 months and so far the liquid diet has been pretty easy. My strategy, which I expect is not for everyone was really effective and I am down 93lb since last April.

The only difference I am doing for the liquid diet is I have replaced dinner with a creamy Soup. My NUT suggested Pacific or Imagine Brand low fat Soups. The Pacific Organic Creamy Tomato and Roasted Pepper and Tomato are pretty good. They are about 100 calories per cup.

Edited by Paul Clarke

Might be too late, but I was allowed sugar free Jello, and they also suggestef Oikos Triple Zero yogurt, it had 15 grams Protein. Another is Unjury chicken broth protein mix.

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

N/a