Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Little Green getting little(r)

Glad to hear you got your new date, snafus and all. And LOL for the surgeon's comments about needing assistance after surgery -- that is too funny!

2 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

((hugs)) Awww damn hon!! Ok, so what about this? Can you call your surgeon's office and tell them, that you're available to be moved up if they have an unexpected cancellation? And then just suck it up and go on the liquid diet to be on standby? Ask them if that ever happens?? Maybe they would call you and say, you're on for next week?

I've thought about it, but no. I need a solid date and solid plans and solid food and... solidarity and... solidness. No more waiting for phone calls.

I'm going to look at the bright side. (I'm sorry my thread has been full of mood whiplash, lol.) One nice thing is spring break at school is March 5-11 so I won't be missing classes that week and may even be able to go back on the 12th depending on how I'm feeling. I'm sure there are other nice things I'll think of. I'm having WLS and changing my life. Ultimately it won't matter when it was. Just need to get my husband's work stuff sorted out and then we'll be good.

I second Fluffy on that. I was scheduled to have my tubes tied a few years ago and found out my husband’s insurance was changing at the same time. I called and explained the situation and so they moved it up to make sure the surgery was in the clear. It’ll be worth trying!!

Similar thing with my family My son needed his tonsils out, found out we were losing insurance coverage April,30th, moved his surgery up to April 28th,plus our local hospital if you're 12 or more they do the surgery sedated and sitting up, went thru that with his older sister , was not happy with the proceedings, called the surgeon a stupid €$@&€£*## when she got her voice back. We wanted him to have General anesthesia and he was 2 weeks from turning 12.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, Newme17 said:

I second Fluffy on that. I was scheduled to have my tubes tied a few years ago and found out my husband’s insurance was changing at the same time. I called and explained the situation and so they moved it up to make sure the surgery was in the clear. It’ll be worth trying!!

I already told them I needed it done before the 20th and that's why they got me in on the 15th. Then the snafu happened. Supposedly it was going to be the 19th but there are certain Mondays that the surgeon does not operate and that was one of them :lol: I'm at peace. Plus, now I can have hibachi with my parents tomorrow night and then enjoy my mom's birthday party Sunday. I also found some vegan premade shakes at Target so that gives me time to try them and maybe buy some in bulk so I don't have to keep drinking Premier whey Protein lol. I just can't bear the phone tag games anymore, so I'm just going to take the 28th and rest with it.

THANK YOU ALL for listening and responding and encouraging me. What a 72 hours it has been, lol. I love my BP friends and I'm just so darn thankful for you all!

We do have COBRA coverage... if it comes to that. It's $1500 a month *guts clench violently* but that's cheaper than self-paying for surgery. I'm just not sure how it works and if it's considered like a continuation of the previous policy where all the coverages and claims are still Kosher, or if it's a new policy that starts, or what. Right now my husband is pretty sure he can get back to work before then, although my blood pressure is still not ready to hear all the details of that situation yet :lol::lol: maybe another day or so of solid food and then I'll be ready. :D

I don't expect anyone to believe me at this point but they moved my date again lol. March 8. So get ready, maybe, kinda sorta. Until the next update.

Hahahahaha! Good for you girlie!!!! ((hugs)) That would wear me down to my last nerve!!!

I'm sorry Little Green but snicker snicker you're more likely gonna be my surgery twin instead of Fluffy Chix. I'm not much closer than yesterday, it's 10:50am, if I haven't heard from the surgeon's office by this afternoon and find out whether I'm any closer to having the verdompt testing done. Joy cometh in the morning but the flippin Sun's been up for hours. Stay easy Stay breezy and don't let life get any more sleazy. Don't start holding your breath and turn purple, I like you better Green.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

@Little Green I hope to high heaven you knew I was kidding in my other thread hon!!! Please please let me know you did!? :D

5 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

@Little Green I hope to high heaven you knew I was kidding in my other thread hon!!! Please please let me know you did!? :D

Haha! Of course! And even if you weren't, I'm as foul-mouthed as they come so you still wouldn't have offended me LOL. I've been out and about all day visiting with my family so I wasn't checking in on BP. :) No worries!!!

So I'm going to take the next few days and mull this over, but I'm considering postponing my surgery to May. (I have authorization from the insco through June.) The point of all the hurrying was to get it done in February before everything with my husband's job imploded... now that it's in March and whatever happens with the insurance will happen regardless, it's more of a PITA than anything else because it's in the middle of my school semester.

I'm feeling so amazed at how everything got so complicated, lol. I originally wanted to have surgery in December but I screwed it up when I missed an appointment and had to restart my 6-month diet. So then the plan was January, but waiting for all the testing to be completed pushed it back again. Now you guys know the story of February in painful detail so I won't repeat that... and now it's in March. So................ I just don't see the difference between March & May, practically speaking, and May is more convenient in many ways.

Again, I'm going to sleep on it for a bit. I don't want to be rash. I'll discuss with my support system and make a list of pros & cons before deciding.

(Is it super petty that one of the appeals of having surgery in May is that one of the pieces we're singing in the music program this semester has a high C and I'm the only one who can hit it-- and I was worried that I wouldn't get to sing it after surgery???? Lolololol okay don't answer that. *angel face*)

Whoa, insurance and healthcare in the US sounds like it can be a difficult process. All I had to do was go to my normal doctor, get a referral letter to see a surgeon. Then I met the surgeon and picked the date I wanted (subject to the surgeon's availability) I ended up deciding to have it six weeks later because I wanted to give my employer notice of the time off. I did have to pay a fee that wasn't covered by my insurance, but that was mostly because I picked an expensive clinic (I could have chosen any surgeon I wanted). I didn't have to lose weight first or wait for approval or anything like that. I never even had to speak with my insurer. The clinic arranged everything with the hospital and insurer.

For me the process started June year, when I thought, okay, maybe it's time for WLS. I was sleeved by August!

On the other hand, you Americans seem much for prepared and knowledgeable because of the hoops you have to jump through and the programs you have to take. So I guess there's that.

I'm so so sorry this is happening Little Green!

Dang girl! I'm sorry to hear about the delay, but completely understand it. It feels logical to me--especially if having the insurance companies blessing will carry forward through then? I think for you--summer would be the ideal time to do this. Plus, you wouldn't have the stress of hub's job on your shoulders either. Just don't check out. Continue to do your diet, and continue posting here and improving!!! I would miss you like cray cray!!! ((hugs))

19 hours ago, LaLaDee said:

Whoa, insurance and healthcare in the US sounds like it can be a difficult process. All I had to do was go to my normal doctor, get a referral letter to see a surgeon. Then I met the surgeon and picked the date I wanted (subject to the surgeon's availability) I ended up deciding to have it six weeks later because I wanted to give my employer notice of the time off. I did have to pay a fee that wasn't covered by my insurance, but that was mostly because I picked an expensive clinic (I could have chosen any surgeon I wanted). I didn't have to lose weight first or wait for approval or anything like that. I never even had to speak with my insurer. The clinic arranged everything with the hospital and insurer.

For me the process started June year, when I thought, okay, maybe it's time for WLS. I was sleeved by August!

On the other hand, you Americans seem much for prepared and knowledgeable because of the hoops you have to jump through and the programs you have to take. So I guess there's that.

I'm so so sorry this is happening Little Green!

Thank you so much! And yeah... whew. Now if you're able and willing to pay yourself, it's often much easier to get things done. It's definitely way more complicated when insurance gets involved. I just... I don't even know how my situation got so screwed up :lol:

I do agree somewhat with the bolded. It makes me feel weird (not judgey, just weird) that people can hypothetically have surgery within weeks of even coming up with the idea. I'd been reading about WLS in depth for nearly 2 years when I walked into the surgeon's office the first time! So I think there's some pros & cons to the system for sure. But there's something to be said for making the decision and moving forward immediately. Leaves much less time for the emotional pity parties and food funerals :P