Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery, “it’s the easy way.”

@fingers crossed18 thank you also for your service, yes, family members of an overseasperson also play a very important role. They are able to be all they can be with your love and support. I salute you also. I think all of us here in the US should pray for their safety and a swift return back,of the the people who love,them. Bless you as well.
Never give up either in weight loss and life, for love sustains you when nothing else can. Smiles and a Hug🌈😝

Perspective is everything these days. Unfortunately people only see life through their own perspective! Even when 2 people walk the same path, their experiences will be different because each person is an individual - with individual ideas, dreams, hopes, struggles, pains, etc. Including why and how some of us are "overweight" or "underweight". Sadly, people have forgotten to be kind and respect that individualism.

@fingers crossed18 thank you also for your service, yes, family members of an overseasperson also play a very important role. They are able to be all they can be with your love and support. I salute you also. I think all of us here in the US should pray for their safety and a swift return back,of the the people who love,them. Bless you as well.
Never give up either in weight loss and life, for love sustains you when nothing else can. Smiles and a Hug

My husband left three weeks ago, six more months to go! Thank you for those kind and encouraging words it means a lot.

Hey sweetie you are a good kid and he's going to be so proud of you when he sees you again. He'll probably grab you, hug you and give you a big kiss, wish we all could be there to see it!🌈

Hey sweetie you are a good kid and he's going to be so proud of you when he sees you again. He'll probably grab you, hug you and give you a big kiss, wish we all could be there to see it!

He probably will I'm counting down the days, thank you!!

My husband left three weeks ago, six more months to go! Thank you for those kind and encouraging words [emoji171][emoji4] it means a lot.

My son should be back in two or so months. Having served during desert storm (husband deployed, I did not) and living near Fort Hood, I wish all this could end. I really didn’t want my son to join, but ultimately supported his decision by encouraging him to be an officer. Long family history of enlistment. He is the first officer. Super proud Mom.

And well you should be, young men like your son have helped keep,me free. FYI I would look terrible in a burka, my body is tent-shaped enough already.🌷🌻😝🌺🌸🍀

My son should be back in two or so months. Having served during desert storm (husband deployed, I did not) and living near Fort Hood, I wish all this could end. I really didn’t want my son to join, but ultimately supported his decision by encouraging him to be an officer. Long family history of enlistment. He is the first officer. Super proud Mom.

Wow! Strong mama! That must be exciting his homecoming fast approaching!! :)

15 hours ago, FingersCrossed18 said:

I have to admit, though I've had a weight problem starting at 8 year old due to insulin resistance and pcos, I've always thought that surgery was the easier route. Then I got pregnant after multiple miscarriages and with the help of clomid, and my opinion has mostly changed. The doctors were all telling me I was 100000% going to develop gestational diabetes, so I ate zero sugar and lower carbs than normal, and only gained 10lbs (baby girl was 7 lbs 1 Oz and 3 lbs for the liquids and placenta... Didn't gain any fat) and didn't develop GD. Though I kicked ass and proved every single person wrong, I absolutely donnot want to have the same struggles I had last year, all the appointments, all the judgment (my OB is amazing though, she's a Rockstar and was very proud of me) and I have to say, though I workout 3 days a week on average, I've been eating less than 45 carbs a day for 6 years and before that it was 60 for 4 years before that, low to no sugar the weight never ever comes off, I stay in the same 15lbs for months and month! Sure!! I can workout more and lower my carbs but that's absolutely not sustainable, so to me to surgery may make losing weight easier, it's very true, it does, your cutting your stomach dude, but it's so much a tool to stay healthy the rest of my life, for my husband and daughter, future kids and family! Now I don't or ever did have am addiction to food or anything I can imagine the change in lifestyle for somebody who did, it would be extremely hard! But if you're making the change why would anybody be negative looking in.... I'm lucky enough to have an extremely supportive family, and especially my husband and mom, they've been through everything with me, my mom was the one whom found out I even have pcos and insulin resistance. My big brother was a Marine, husband is AF and deployed right now and they're are like, super duper oh work out and eat healthy! It's simple (I am too, to an extent!) , but my brother especially is understanding to my IR and pcos. If you read this whole thing, you're amazing lol. I guess I just needed to vent :)

OMG! I have the same exact thing--except having babies--which never was able to happen.

I have been "mostly" low carb <40g net carbs per day for 18+ years now. And with the PCOS, losing weight was so painfully slow! I lost 65lbs fairly easily. Then nothing. I was stuck at 260lbs for years despite eating 1200-1400 cals per day and about 70g of Protein per day and <40g net carbs. So it wasn't like I was gorging on what everyone calls a "high protein" "high fat" diet--my ass. LOL. To lose I had to add alternate day IF where I dropped cals and down to 500 cals every other day in addition to the low carb, adequate protein diet. Then the lowest I got to was 218lbs. But the ADF was just not sustainable to me. My ghrelin/leptin rebound went nuts! And regain started--then boom! Back to 287lbs in the blink of an eye. :( The thing low carb DID do for me, is it took me out of full blown T2, down to pre-diabetes and kept me there for over 18 years. The studies show once dx'd with pre-diabetes it's only a matter of 10-15 years before full onset of T2 develops. By then organ damage has already occurred.

So yeah...the easy way...ROFLMFAO!!!! Everyone in my fam knows better than to even look like they will say that--but they won't. They witnessed me living on 400-600 cals for months last year only to lose 4lbs in a month. They witnessed my struggles pre-op in losing weight. And witnessed me eating 1/4cup of food in the early days. They witness how carefully I select which foods to eat and how healthy they are and how lean the protein is and low carb the veg is and how little fat I eat. And they see how much exercise I'm doing despite 24/7/365 pain. So um, yeah...talk to me about this "easy" of which you refer. *snic*

OMG! I have the same exact thing--except having babies--which never was able to happen.
I have been "mostly" low carb Protein per day and So yeah...the easy way...ROFLMFAO!!!! Everyone in my fam knows better than to even look like they will say that--but they won't. They witnessed me living on 400-600 cals for months last year only to lose 4lbs in a month. They witnessed my struggles pre-op in losing weight. And witnessed me eating 1/4cup of food in the early days. They witness how carefully I select which foods to eat and how healthy they are and how lean the protein is and low carb the veg is and how little fat I eat. And they see how much exercise I'm doing despite 24/7/365 pain. So um, yeah...talk to me about this "easy" of which you refer. *snic*

I think, honestly, and people will hate me for it, but I know/have known people like this- unfortunately-but I feel if a person over eats or just makes terrible decisions and doesn't try to stop eating badly and doesn't try to better their health, then for that person, whom hasn't tried every ave. (like us!) to get healthy, this surgery is the easy way out. The people I've seen do that and have that mentality, gain the weight back because they haven't changed anything. But I also know the majority of bariatric patients have actually tried and actually have lasting success with the surgery, hense the phrase "quick fix" for those that gain it back and don't change like I mentioned above, in the process giving the rest of us a bad rep. Those like us who've made a life long commitment to this, it's a struggle and the bariatric surgery is a magical (in the sense that we feel like freakin' finally something is freakin' working!) TOOL for lifelong success, but not without change, like I said. And yeeesss girl, I feel you, like you mentioned, very similar stories! My family is also very supportive and having read other posts, we're very blessed and lucky to have that kind of support. I'm beyond excited to have this done, to not have the "insulin resistance and pcos for dummies this is why I'm fat" speech I have on hand to tell people lol.... "so I have this thing called insulin resistance, basically the hormones in my body think I have anorexia thus turning all the carbs and sugar I eat straight to fat instead of energy like most people, and this other thing I have, pcos, just makes it harder to lose weight, I eat healthy, low carb, no sugar and work out. I've had this sinse I was 8." lmao, the looks I get are either pity, interest, or doubt because I'm fat so I must be lying and I over eat... I'm excited for that to go away, though I literally can't imagine a life like it, like I hope lol. Good luck to you girl, but you sound like a bad ass, so you probably don't need it

On 1/27/2018 at 6:43 PM, vanelifejourney said:

My rant goes: why the stigma of wls vs the natural way. I get so annoyed when I hear that statement. The perception that going the surgical route is not by any means the easy way to go.

People can just be jerks, especially if they're proud of their accomplishment (50# is quite good) and they're scared that you'll make their loss seem less significant if you do as much or better. Plus, losing a large amount of weight makes you special, you're in an exclusive club. Some people want to guard the door.

You wouldn't believe how many moms in my "Mothers of Twins" club totally dissed women who's children had been conceived by fertility drugs. As if it wasn't just as hard to carry them and then raise them as those that were "naturally" conceived. I don't know if they thought those babies should have a test tube tattooed on their foreheads just to distinguish them from "normal" children, but sheesh! Live and let live.

2 hours ago, FingersCrossed18 said:

I think, honestly, and people will hate me for it, but I know/have known people like this- unfortunately-but I feel if a person over eats or just makes terrible decisions and doesn't try to stop eating badly and doesn't try to better their health, then for that person, whom hasn't tried every ave. (like us!) to get healthy, this surgery is the easy way out.

But even if (for them) it is the easy way out, what have they gained if they put it all back on because they didn't commit to the permanent change? All or most of us know the humiliation of having lost and then regained + 10.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:29 PM, WildcatGirl71 said:

IMG_1431.JPG

For the win!

1. Even if it were "the easy way out"....who fecking cares? Is getting a heart bypass "the easy way out"? That condition can be treated with diet and exercise, too. Why does no one ever give heart patients shite for eating poorly and not getting enough exercise?

2. It's no one's business what you want to do try to improve your health. It's YOUR health, YOUR body, YOUR decision.

3. Again....who cares?