Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Honest opinions on Syntrax Nectar?

6 hours ago, tankheadmommy said:

Oh no...so sorry you do not like them. Do you mix with milk or Water?

Water! But fair question!

I am lucky - NZ doctors don’t stress Protein, pushing us instead into balanced meals even at this early stage. Lucky because I just don’t like many protein supplements. Last week I had a Protein Bar with 20g protein and 17g carbs and had a nasty dumping episode - pity, it was the only one I liked the taste of so far! My protein - milk in shakes, cheeses and chicken until I cluck.

Water! But fair question!
I am lucky - NZ doctors don’t stress Protein, pushing us instead into balanced meals even at this early stage. Lucky because I just don’t like many Protein supplements. Last week I had a Protein Bar with 20g protein and 17g carbs and had a nasty dumping episode - pity, it was the only one I liked the taste of so far! My protein - milk in shakes, cheeses and chicken until I cluck.

Lol...I do not even eat chicken like I used to. My doctor pushes protein too, but I have incorporated leafy vegetables, because I think they are important too.

Too bad the Syntrax did not work for you. I have purchased a lot of food that did work for me either, so I understand. I refuse to eat anything that does not taste good or is no good for me. My portions are so small and I want to enjoy my food and get the most nutrition possible for each meal.

LOL, there is a faint (to me) milk background to the green apple, which is why it would be an occasional thing. :) I could ignore that linger...

But I truly like the lemon ice tea, grapefruit, and fuzzy navel. TBPH those are the only ones out of the sampler I really "dug" and wanted more of. I haven't tried the grape yet. I still have a pack. Guess I should break it open and try it. I actually didn't even care for the lemonade cuz it's too fake lemon for me...but the iced tea tastes like Lipton and I grew up having that at the river in the summers. :) And I was surprised how good the grapefruit and fuzzy navel were.

I use chilled Water to mix them. I also dilute them a little more than they say cuz I like watery stuff like that.

LOL, there is a faint (to me) milk background to the green apple, which is why it would be an occasional thing. [emoji4] I could ignore that linger...
But I truly like the lemon ice tea, grapefruit, and fuzzy navel. TBPH those are the only ones out of the sampler I really "dug" and wanted more of. I haven't tried the grape yet. I still have a pack. Guess I should break it open and try it. I actually didn't even care for the lemonade cuz it's too fake lemon for me...but the iced tea tastes like Lipton and I grew up having that at the river in the summers. [emoji4] And I was surprised how good the grapefruit and fuzzy navel were.
I use chilled Water to mix them. I also dilute them a little more than they say cuz I like watery stuff like that.

I have not found the grapefruit yet, but I will try that one when I do. I did not get the large sampler, because I was too afraid of not liking some of the flavors. I have spent a lot of money on food/drink I do not enjoy.

By the way, good luck on your last appt. You have been so patient and encouraging to others as you wait for your surgery approval Fluffychix. Let us know how you make out.[emoji4]

1 hour ago, tankheadmommy said:

I have not found the grapefruit yet, but I will try that one when I do. I did not get the large sampler, because I was too afraid of not liking some of the flavors. I have spent a lot of money on food/drink I do not enjoy.

By the way, good luck on your last appt. You have been so patient and encouraging to others as you wait for your surgery approval Fluffychix. Let us know how you make out.[emoji4]

Oh gosh! I hear you on spending so much money on stuff you end up hating!! For me, it was then amplified by trying to find a Protein Powder that didn't increase my asthma. Ugh, but I found enough to work, thankfully. Now I just will keep my head on straight after surgery if tastes change, that I just have to put my big girl panties on and get through the moment and drink the damn drinks. LOL!

Thank you @tankheadmommy! I'm on pins and needles. I will end up losing (was kinda trying not to) from the last visit and that puts me below the 40BMI deck, so I truly hope that they go by the initial weight which was above 40BMI. *sigh* It's been the hardest part of all--that stress.

Oh gosh! I hear you on spending so much money on stuff you end up hating!! For me, it was then amplified by trying to find a [mention=140650]tankheadmommy[/mention]! I'm on pins and needles. I will end up losing (was kinda trying not to) from the last visit and that puts me below the 40BMI deck, so I truly hope that they go by the initial weight which was above 40BMI. *sigh* It's been the hardest part of all--that stress.

My office went by the initial weight, hopefully your will too. I'm cheering for you. You've been awesome through this process.

Does anyone ever have problems with these mixing well?? I never have a problem with the chocolate truffle and vanilla Bean canisters mixing, and have also had great luck with the Fuzzy Naval (which I LOVE!!!) But I tried a couple others of the fruity ones, mixed with Water in a Blender Bottle, and it just wouldn't mix!! It would have chunks and get really foamy. :( I've wasted about 5 packets because I couldn't get them to mix!! Any suggestions??

For me the Syntrax Nectar ones REALLY vary depending on the flavor, from delicious to gross and everywhere in between. Some I like with milk, and some with Water.

Of the ones I've tried, my favorites are the double stuffed cookie (milk) and Cappuccino latte (milk).

Good: Roadside Lemonade (water), strawberry kiwi (water OR mixed berry Diet V8 Splash), lemon tea (water), caribbean cooler (water) -- but I find I get sick of it far before I empty a tub, vanilla bean torte (milk), pink grapefruit (water), wild grape (water), chocolate truffle (milk), strawberry mousse (milk), naturals chocolate (milk), naturals orange (water) - a surprisingly good OJ substitute to say it comes from a powder. IIRC, there also used to be a dragonfruit one that was decent mixed with water, but I think that was discontinued.

Gross: crystal sky, apple ecstasy (which surprised me because green apple is usually a favorite flavor of mine)

3 hours ago, JodiSeitz said:

Does anyone ever have problems with these mixing well?? I never have a problem with the chocolate truffle and vanilla Bean canisters mixing, and have also had great luck with the Fuzzy Naval (which I LOVE!!!) But I tried a couple others of the fruity ones, mixed with Water in a Blender Bottle, and it just wouldn't mix!! It would have chunks and get really foamy. :( I've wasted about 5 packets because I couldn't get them to mix!! Any suggestions??

I had that problem with the crystal sky and the apple ecstasy, which was part of why I didn't like them (and the blue color of the crystal sky was just weird).

Oh! Also, on mybariatricpantry.com you can buy a mix-and-match sample pack of up to 10 of the nectar flavors of your choice (not the naturals - that has its own sampler of all six varieties). You can opt for up to three of the same flavor, and since you get to choose your flavors (depending on availability, but I've never had a problem getting what I wanted there), you can avoid ones you know you won't like.

Mix and match: http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/SYNTRAX_NECTAR_PROTEIN_POWDER_SAMPLES_p/nectar-sample.htm

Naturals sampler: http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/SYNTRAX_NECTAR_NATURALS_PROTEIN_POWDER_SAMPLES_p/nectar-natural_sample.htm

I really liked some of their flavors when I was on the post-op liquid diet, but haven't bought any since. At the time (fall of 2015) the Vitamin Shoppe carried this brand in single serving packets, which was terrific because I could buy a variety to avoid getting bored and to not be stuck with an enormous, pantry-hogging container of just one flavor. (Plus, they were more convenient for travel.) They discontinued carrying the single serve packets, and I never found them in other stores. I think Amazon sells the variety packs, and I'd recommend getting one instead of choosing just one flavor. I remember getting a peach one after someone on here said that was her favorite, but I disliked it. I liked the other ones a lot, though. My favorites were the dessert ones rather than the fruity flavored ones. I can't recall the exact name, but there was one that had a picture of a chocolate bundt cake or something similar on the front, and it was yummmmmm to the tum.

Oh dear God. The humanity! Crystal sky...:o Why God? Why?

I actually like the crystal sky one. I feel like Luke Skywalker drinking his blue milk. [emoji23]

HW-292 • SW (6/29/17) 256.6 • CW 179.8

Fluffs,its not fair if they punish you for becoming a little sleeker fowl. Like lose weight, ooh not That Much. Life is a struggle and for you it seems to keep on coming on. I know they say everything is bigger in Texas but I never thought they meant surgical waits. I want you to be with me not dragging up the rear. Its hard to think of April showers bringing May flowers when they keep spraying your hopes with Roundup weed killer. Ah,i still love ya kid even if the world regards you as a crap target. Stay easy and breezy love.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app