Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

for fun! what was your 'last meal'?

You didn’t miss out by not gorging yourself at a buffet, IMO. No need to remind yourself later of what you can’t do anymore. I had one night after being approved by insurance, but before the pre-surgery diet, where I ate a 20-piece order of boneless wings by myself (and I don’t think it was a gym day, either) and just regretted it later.

For my last meal before my pre-op diet, I went out like a champion. We went to a seafood place and I had the following, clipped directly out of MyFitnessPal:

Lobster Tail - Lobster, 16 oz 202 3 1 42 1,456 0
Melt Butter Spread - Butter Spread, 2 Tablespoon 160 0 18 0 170 0
Taste of Home - Double-baked Mashed Potatoes, 0.75 cup 363 30 19 12 537 0
Dinner roll - dinner Roll, 3 One piece 300 57 5 6 390 6
Homemade - Bananas Foster, 1/3 cooked 400 0 0 0 0 0
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 2 cup (8 fl oz) 5 0 0 1 9 0
Sugar - Sugar, 4 teaspoon 60 16 0 0 0 16
Half & Half - Half & Half, 3 tbsp 105 3 9 3 45 3
Homemade - Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops, 8 oz. 209 2 9 30 298 1
Wegman's - Salmon - Horseradish Crusted, 0.33 fillet (6oz) 109 1 6 12 102 0
Three Floyds Brewing Company - Alpha King (Estimated), 300 ml 165 14 0 2 105 0
Miller's Ale House - Buffalo Shrimp Appetizer, 1 serving 740 103 77 40 1,760 5
2,818 229 144 148 4,872 31

My “last meal” was tonight - I got “luxury tacos” from a great place in our neighborhood and had a horchata Rice Krispie and half a piece of cake. Plus red wine, which I will dearly miss!

Ribeye 🥩 & 🥗!

I had 2. 2 days before my pre-surgery diet i has a general tsos lunch meal with pork fried rice and an egg roll. The evening before I had 10 pc chicken mcnuggets with hot mustard sauce! Since surgery i have had 1 chicken nugget, just to see how It went. It went pretty well, but 1 and I was full! At least I know when we are on the road and in a pinch i can order 1 chicken nugget lol

SW 350 (11/15)
BSW 260 (10/17/17)
CW 224 (1/3/18)
RGW 199
GW 175

I'm on month 4 of nutrition/trainer visits, only two more to go. so close but still feels so far away! next week I do my evaluation to see if I'm mentally prepared. I am so ready for this. I'm getting excited and nervous. did anyone need to do the full 6 months of visits before getting approved? did you struggle with the two week pre op liquid diet? In one of the support groups I attended they talked about Last Meals and what people had on their final night before starting the liquid diet prior to surgery.......What was yours or what will yours be? me? I have no idea I've been so focused on trying different Protein Shakes, tracking everything and chewing slowly LOL I haven't thought about it until now!

My last meal was Mongolian bbq last Sunday haha

35 minutes ago, EmilyAnnBree said:

My last meal was Mongolian bbq last Sunday haha

Now that’s a good last meal there!

Good post-op choice, too; eat the meat and veggies, skip the rice.

On 1/9/2018 at 6:57 PM, etc. etc. etc. said:

For my last meal before my pre-op diet, I went out like a champion. We went to a seafood place and I had the following, clipped directly out of MyFitnessPal:

Lobster Tail - Lobster, 16 oz 202 3 1 42 1,456 0
Melt Butter Spread - Butter Spread, 2 Tablespoon 160 0 18 0 170 0
Taste of Home - Double-baked Mashed Potatoes, 0.75 cup 363 30 19 12 537 0
Dinner roll -  dinner Roll, 3 One piece 300 57 5 6 390 6
Homemade - Bananas Foster, 1/3 cooked 400 0 0 0 0 0
Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 2 cup (8 fl oz) 5 0 0 1 9 0
Sugar - Sugar, 4 teaspoon 60 16 0 0 0 16
Half & Half - Half & Half, 3 tbsp 105 3 9 3 45 3
Homemade - Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops, 8 oz. 209 2 9 30 298 1
Wegman's - Salmon - Horseradish Crusted, 0.33 fillet (6oz) 109 1 6 12 102 0
Three Floyds Brewing Company - Alpha King (Estimated), 300 ml 165 14 0 2 105 0
Miller's Ale House - Buffalo Shrimp Appetizer, 1 serving 740 103 77 40 1,760 5
2,818 229 144 148 4,872 31

Sounds delicious! You got me beat by far.

OMG I've been thinking about this all weekend. My surgery is just over a week away and I'm away for the weekend with friends. So my last meal is lasting all weekend (only 2 days of liquids for me). Mac and cheese last night, pastrami with scallion cream cheese on pumpernickel today - but a side of roasted carrots and beets at least! Tonight is German food.... Next week getting back to normal with Protein Shakes for at least one meal a day and of course, liquids all weekend - but for now, I'm enjoying food. I know I can have it again someday. But I had a tiny scoop of gelato today, knowing that sugar and fat bomb will be off the menu for a long time!

You might read about why patients are told to do a liquid diet., and it’s not only for the weight loss. One of the biggest reasons is to have time for the liver to detoxify and to decrease in size. This since most obese people have fatty livers. When a surgeon is doing the surgery they need work around the liver. If the liver is too large from a high fat diet even right before surgery it can become a risk for surgery. Some surgeons have been known to begin surgery and stop the surgery due to the liver being too large. One of the complications is that the liver can then be lacerated during surgery which causes not only bleeding but other complications.

So after being on a liquid diet and waiting for such a surgery, one would have to wonder why some would jeopardize themselves, and their outcome, just for one last meal.

It was homemade but great. Succulent teriyaki salmon over garlic butter sauteed kale.

I didn't have weight loss requirements or the preop diet so I kinda put myself on one for one week prior to surgery... Now im two months post op and feel no regrets and definitely not missing carbs loaded food