Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

for fun! what was your 'last meal'?

I'm on month 4 of nutrition/trainer visits, only two more to go. so close but still feels so far away! next week I do my evaluation to see if I'm mentally prepared. I am so ready for this. I'm getting excited and nervous. did anyone need to do the full 6 months of visits before getting approved? did you struggle with the two week pre op liquid diet? In one of the support groups I attended they talked about Last Meals and what people had on their final night before starting the liquid diet prior to surgery.......What was yours or what will yours be? me? I have no idea I've been so focused on trying different Protein Shakes, tracking everything and chewing slowly LOL I haven't thought about it until now!

I had two, one "last meal" before the pre-surgery diet and one "last meal" before the surgery.

First "last meal" was boneless wings with blue cheese dressing, breadsticks, and a Diet 7-Up.

Second "last meal" was bone-in wings with blue cheese, a kids' grilled cheese meal, some of my wife's poutine, and a Diet Coke.

Side note: My God, the portions of kids' meals can be enormous. My wife and I went out for Breakfast on Saturday for the first time since surgery and I had the kids' meal. It was one scrambled egg, a strip of bacon (which went to my wife), hash browns, and two regular sized pieces of toast (the latter two went back to the kitchen). It would have been a filling meal for me even pre-surgery. Have they gotten bigger now that more adults are ordering off the kids' meal?

7 minutes ago, star2017 said:

I'm on month 4 of nutrition/trainer visits, only two more to go. so close but still feels so far away! next week I do my evaluation to see if I'm mentally prepared. I am so ready for this. I'm getting excited and nervous. did anyone need to do the full 6 months of visits before getting approved? did you struggle with the two week pre op liquid diet? In one of the support groups I attended they talked about Last Meals and what people had on their final night before starting the liquid diet prior to surgery.......What was yours or what will yours be? me? I have no idea I've been so focused on trying different Protein Shakes, tracking everything and chewing slowly LOL I haven't thought about it until now!

My program only required two months of supervised medical weight loss, and that required two visits to a nutritionist and two to my primary. I was able to complete the checklist of items that needed to be done for insurance approval within two months after the initial surgical consultation, but a lot of the items on the list were unnecessary (I didn't need a sleep study because I already knew I had OSA, I didn't need to get my A1C below 7 because it already was, etc.).

My Insurance requires 6 months of visits. I'm almost there! it's been a journey but well worth it. I'm thinking my surgery will be some time in march . still thinking of my last meal...maybe my moms amazing meat loaf LOL

I was self-pay, so I didn't have to meet insurance requirements. I didn't do much of a pre-op diet either.

Two days before surgery, my "last meal" was divine--- it was Thai food. Red chicken curry with mixed vegetables, a taste of drunken noodles and to finish things off the right way, one scoop of carvel ice cream in the flavor, "Cookie Butter"!

I was a little paranoid to eat my "last meal" the day before surgery as I felt it was too close and kept things pretty mild the day and night before.

Edited by greygoosecytosis

2 hours ago, naturalbrownsuga said:

My last meal was so fat: Portillios beef dipped w cheese n sweet pepers, onion rings and a slice of chocolate cake. Then I popped 4Mag 07 Vitamins and the next day it all came out. Then started my luqid diet.

Sent from my SM-G930U using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh I had Portillo’s a few days before surgery. Beef and sausage combo, dipped, no peppers, a cheese dog, and a small fry. I’m hoping to have one again when our son is born in July (there’s a Portillo’s across the street from the hospital).

My last meal was snow crab legs at a local seafood joint. Had two pounds worth, tons of butter, lemon, and washed them down with a couple of regular Pepsi colas and fresh bread, still hot out of the oven with herb butter, baby potatoes and salad. Yep, it was good. Went out in style. Oh God...and had creme brulee on ice cream with caramel sauce and pecans for dessert.

Went out in style and regret nothing.

I had a couple meals as well. My pre-op diet started on Thursday. On Tuesday night my wife and I went out to Perry's (Houston area steak house) . We started with crab cakes and for our main course had the 7 finger pork chop...yes, it's seven fingers tall and redefines what a pork chop should taste like! For desert we had bananas foster. During the meal, I enjoyed a couple of old fashions.

On Wednesday (last day before diet), I had crawfish etoufee for lunch and grilled New York strip for dinner.

I know I will be able to enjoy most of these foods again in moderation but I didn't miss the excuse to have a couple of nice meals. lol.

Red Lobster!!!:P

I didn’t really have any pre-op diet...was just told that my last solid meal would be 2 days before surgery. So 3 days before my family & I went to a local Mexican restaurant. chips, salsa, nachos! I had pork carnitas with Beans & rice with flour tortillas..,,so yummy!! Reading everyone’s comments is making me hungry lol 🤤

I should add that my last meal was a) solid food and B) well before midnight, and the surgery went off without a hitch. I meant to ask if I could have solid foods the day before surgery, since my pre-surgery Diet was shakes and all the raw vegetables I wanted, but never did.

I was so busy I missed my opportunity. My last good meal was thanksgiving - though that was a few weeks prior to the pre-op diet. The night before the pre-op diet I had a work dinner at a super high end french restaurant and some good wine. The portions weren't large, but were good. I thought during the pre-op diet I should have gone to a huge buffet or something, but now that I'm past the surgery I'm glad I didn't and have no regrets about missing out on a proper "last meal".

I'll be able to eat normal foods (minus carbs) later this week, so am looking forward to my "first meal!".