Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating Too Much Fat--How Much Is Too Much?

So I hear you guys say this all the time..."My body doesn't like it when I eat too much fat..."

What is "too much fat."

What doesn't your body "like?" What happens when you eat it?

Are you sitting down to a plate piled high with beef fat? What does your meal look like when you eat "too much fat."

TIA! Inquiring minds and all...I really don't want to find this out on my own. I'd rather take your word for it and not put together troublesome meals.

Honestly I think it depends on each individual person but I know grease does not go well with my stomach or like I Love Teriyaki chicken I cannot eat a lot of that... sauces things like that just don't sit well with my stomach... trust me I think a lot of it is trial and error and you are definitely going to find the error of your ways...lololololo.. you'll be running for the bathroom

Sent from my LGL84VL using BariatricPal mobile app

hahaha! So it's not that your heart will beat fast and you sweat and think you're dying...it's that you'll have to resume your rightful position on the throne?

When grease/fat goes in, grease/fat comes right back out... that’s how I know it was too much fat.

I just stick with chicken Curry. The one think my body can't stand is Roast. My stomach will send that right back up even if I just eat a tiny bit of it because it's too heavy and the fat content is too high. You'll know it's too high if you do what I did or if you dump from it. If you have gotten the bypass.

My portions are tiny compared to anyone else's that I'm at the table with, since I'm the only one in either side of my family who had bariatric surgery.

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-146
GW-130
Size- 4 or 6, Small in sweats. Small in shirts. depends on how it's cut or made.
Bra Size- 38D

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

Fluffy Chix, gotta love you. Enjoy your posts so much. Let me tell you my statistics.
Hw355 cw 329 my dream weight 170 or size 16. Ht5ft9in and nearly old enough to have dated Moses. We doubled with Methuselah and his sister, but I'm still gonna undertake the journey. May be one of my surgeons older patients but I'm gonna be a success just like the 20-30 year olds. Best to Mr Fluffy and Happy New Year!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Most fats don't bother me, really the only thing I've eaten that's had a negative impact is eggs (unless it's hardboiled), I'm in the bathroom within a half an hour.

So I hear you guys say this all the time..."My body doesn't like it when I eat too much fat..."
What is "too much fat."
What doesn't your body "like?" What happens when you eat it?
Are you sitting down to a plate piled high with beef fat? What does your meal look like when you eat "too much fat."

TIA! Inquiring minds and all...I really don't want to find this out on my own. I'd rather take your word for it and not put together troublesome meals.

I tried to 2 chicken wings with salt and pepper and that gave me severe gas and diarrhea. I think it's different for everyone. I used to love a good steak but now I can barely tolerate it. My stomach prefers fish, or lean chicken. I think it's a smell thing too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

I've had issues with high fat foods for a long time (before and after my gallbladder was removed). It hasn't changed much since my surgery. I end up spending more time in the bathroom. Yuck.

Whenever we get crab legs, I'm jealous of my husband who can dip his in butter. That's the one thing that will definitely make me sick!! I think the crab is still delicious without it, but I wish I could have a little of the butter!

1 hour ago, sunshinetinks said:

I keep dumping on eggs..so sick I have to go to bed!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using BariatricPal mobile app

Sorry to hear that. I don't dump it just gives me uncomfortable intestinal cramps for quite a while after eating them .