Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

I have had several NSV recently...
my favorite is that as of Wednesday I am off of my quick acting insulin and my other shot has been taken down from 35 units to 20 units.
My A1C is now 5.4 and I may actually be off of another medication by the time I have my surgery.
I have not had as much knee pain which makes it easier to walk around.
Awesome!

I posted this on the summer post-op thread too so I’m sorry for double posting, but what do you all think about this dress for work tomorrow? Yea or wait 5-10+ pounds or just nay in general?

Trying to decide/work up courage...image-0.00107288360595703.thumb.jpg.731180d61c6400f293c510a28eb3d57d.jpg
I like it!

My NSVs from today:
Went to old navy wearing my now very very loose size 22 jeans. Tried on a bunch of size 18s and the size 16s which were only a SMIDGE too small for right now! And I got an XL sweater! I also bought a pair of “pixie” chinos in a dark pink/maroon color - way out of my black pants and black sweater ‘uniform’ of the last several years/multiple decades!

I also might be wearing a new/not my usual thing dress tomorrow if I work up the courage :)
Exciting!!

[mention=328469]AshAsh1[/mention] recently said in another thread that she is finding her true fashin style. I realized that I am doing the same.
I wore this outfit to a party tonight. I never before would have worn either white pants nor a yellow top. And I felt fantastic in it! [emoji4]
outfit.thumb.jpg.4f7d2c7ce71803a0f63c0d52d185b5ba.jpg
Wow!! So brave to wear white pants! And they look fantastic on you!! And that top, color and style is beautiful! Excited for you!!

I haven't read the entire thread but here are some of my NSVs:
Biggest one for me is that I SMILE when I see myself in the mirror. I actually look, smile, think "Gee that looks cute" or something along those lines. I have NEVER liked the way I look... until now. This makes me so happy that sometimes I cry.
I have collarbones! And shoulder bones, hip bones... I really DO have a skeleton!
No need for a seatbelt extender on the plane, or hoping that nobody sits next to me so I don't "overlap" on them. Overlap is also gone from movie theater seats, amusement rides, etc. Many thanks to my good friends who tolerated my "flopping" on them through all those many shows of Nutcracker (our daughters are ballerinas).
I can wear regular shoes again. Yes, I still love my crocs, but now there are actual options- even heels!
I fit through the turnstiles at some of the rides at Disney World this summer... and I wore a bathing suit to the pool!
What a great list! Congratulations!!

Realized I had another one today. I dropped off three black garbage bags of business clothing at the local shelter that offers business clothing for homeless women transitioning back to the workforce. It was amazing to drop off mostly 22/24 clothing that they very much needed. And yes this means I no longer have it to save just in case.
Congratulations!

So at the beginning of the month I realized I needed to figure out some sort of fall/ winter jacket options. In the land of PNW I find a need a mix of rain jackets and omg why is is so cold jacket.

I ordered a few options from Lands end (so much on sale) and ended up having to return several things because they were just too big. As an XL and even a Large. Blink blink. I just got my second order where I ordered medium talls or 12 Tall and while a little tight in the belly everything fit. I still have 30-40 to go and said to my Mr “I don’t recognize the person in the mirror”. This is after being stalled for 3 weeks due to my emergency gallbladder removal and having no energy to exercise and dealing with some appetite/food changes.
Congratulations!

I AM FINALLY THERE. I fit into all 'skinny people' stores! It feels WEIRD. Oh man, I don't wanna go broke lol. I still walk by stores that have US 12 as their largest size thinking I still don't fit there lol.

Hiked up two (2) mountains this summer. 12,998' and 14,202'. Tried the first one three years ago and almost passed out within the first 20 mins.
Wow! Amazing!!

After my sleep study on Tuesday night, I was hoping to announce a NSV of being rid of my CPAP, but...not quite. My OSA is down to “mild” from “severe,” though, and without a CPAP, I’m down to 13 arousals an hour from 117 when I first had a sleep study in 2011 (and was 110 pounds heavier).
So here’s another NSV: Yesterday I accidentally threw our garage door opener in a Dumpster, and without thinking about it, I boosted myself onto the lip of the Dumpster and leaned in to retrieve it.
Nice!!

I weigh less than the weight listed on my driver's license and it wasn't the correct weight to begin with! Also, yesterday, I tried on size 10 pants just for the hell of it and they fit! I was so excited I bought two pair. Shopping is so much fun when you fit into everything you try on and have to decide what you like best instead of what fits. : )

got my mile time from 23+ minutes at the beginning of my pre-surgery classes, down to 13:47 2 days ago.

20 hours ago, t1018ross said:

I weigh less than the weight listed on my driver's license and it wasn't the correct weight to begin with! Also, yesterday, I tried on size 10 pants just for the hell of it and they fit! I was so excited I bought two pair. Shopping is so much fun when you fit into everything you try on and have to decide what you like best instead of what fits. : )

that's so great!! I bought a dress and a sweater and I had to put the XLs back because I'm only in a L!! Was a 2X. I still automatically head to the plus-size division and have to course correct. Yay, us!

2 hours ago, AllyJonesVSG said:

that's so great!! I bought a dress and a sweater and I had to put the XLs back because I'm only in a L!! Was a 2X. I still automatically head to the plus-size division and have to course correct. Yay, us!

Congrats! Doesn't it feel great? I still migrate to the plus sizes too and even though I know a medium top will now fit I still don't believe it and pick up a Large to try on too. It's crazy how our minds work.

NSV, 30 days post surgery hiking Mt Rainer's skyline trail.

Other than the 2 hour drive there, 4 hour hike and 2 hour drive back to Seattle, feeling pretty good. Feel like the red eye will be a good time for a solid nap