Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gaining weight??!!! WHAT?!?!

Topdownbug,

Hello again. We are in the same boat. I was prepared for this though. I had read that the first week or so, you retain Water and are so swollen that you can actually appear to have gained weight. So yes, I stepped on the scale when I know I shouldnt have, and yes, I gained weight, 4 pounds!!! BUT I know (most of the time) that if I stick with this, I will win this fight! I made it back to work today and it is a loooonnnnggg walk to my desk from the prkng lot, so I usually hoof it to get some carido in on the way in and out. Maybe that will help. I am still a little slow though...LOL so maybe not...Anyway, Just wanted to let you know I know how you feel and have the same issue. Next Thurs is my post op, maybe I will be down then, but until then I will try to stay off that dreaded scale....(not very easy for me as I seem to be obsessed)

PS IF I have to drink another Protein shake, I might die...LOL So far I am up to 3 low carb slim fasts a day (Doc's recommendation bc I get 60g protein)....OH and dont get me started on WATER...I HATE WATER...LOL

You're right Judy - the scales are only one measure of success, but sadly that's the one that seems most ingrained in our minds. I weighed myself this morning (my one week bandiversary) and I weigh one pound MORE than last Tuesday morning before I left for the hospital.

Now I gotta tell you - I probably haven't had more than 600 calories on any day in the past 8 and I haven't been stationary either. I haven't hopped on my eliptical machine yet, but I've been doing housework and up and down my stairs - so I know I'm buring some calories.

I'd like to think I'd have lost about 5 pounds last week (crazy I know). I'd love to go for my first post-op Dr visit and have him be excited about my weight loss since I weighed there on Sept 28. Using today's weight, I will have only lost 11 pounds in four weeks - including the pre-op 'concentration camp' diet ;) . Eleven pounds just does not seem like enough to me for being on bread and Water -without the bread- for two weeks now !! :mad:

My daughter tells me she can really tell that I'm losing weight and I do feel better - but that darn scale seems to really be the final word in how I feel about my weight loss. Maybe I shouldn't get on it at all?

abckids,

I feel the same way. I talked to the doc's office today and was told that I may pick up a few pounds before the fill...that stinks.

My first fill is the 26th. WHen is yours again? Maybe we will run into each other.

Dana

Judy BB - Are you scolding me publicly? :o That's good because I probably need it. I will not weigh myself until the Dr does it on Friday at noon. I have not cheated one teeny tiny bit from the Dr's rules. (mostly out of fear).

So give me some advice. Here's what I'm having - about three Protein drinks (like fruit juice) per day 60 calories each - 15 Proteins each. One (no sugar added - 150 calories) Carnation Instant Breakfast drinks w/milk - about 12 Proteins each. Some Soup - 2 proteins - 160 calories. Maybe a sugar free Jello - or popsicle. zero calories

Add those calories up - not very many. How can I get more and still be on full liquids only?

I'm with you on the exercise. I bought (in Jan) a new eliptical machine which instantly hurt my knee - I wish I had gotten a treadmill instead but I'm stuck with a brand new shiny eliptical machine. I'll ask the Dr on Friday if I can start on that - or go to the fitness center and use the treadmill.

I appreciate any guidance you can give me since we are long lost sisters and you've been through this before.

I'd like to put my photo on my posts, but I can't figure out how. I uploaded one but it won't show up ... help??

Toppy

You gals are just awesome!! I love the support on this board! It is just unsurpassed by the awesomeness ya'll have!!! Thank you all so much I am so happy I found you all!!! I definitely needed that swift kick in the behind.

And on another note - I have been able to fit into a pair of pants WITHOUT laying down to try to squeeze it all in, that I haven't fit into in 2 years - so even if the scale says what it says - I know I am losing it. I can tell. I just can't wait until everyone else can tell too. :)

LOL.

Amy

abckids,

I feel the same way. I talked to the doc's office today and was told that I may pick up a few pounds before the fill...that stinks.

My first fill is the 26th. WHen is yours again? Maybe we will run into each other.

Dana

Mine is the 26th too.. what time is yours? Mine is at 1pm... I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT.. I definitely need it.

Another new friend who had it the same day as me is already eating mushies - they (Dr. B's office) said that is fine as long as she is not having any problems. I can't wait to bump up on that on Friday - eagerly waiting... Let me know how great your mushie bump is since you get it one day b4 me. LOL...

Amy

OH ABC, I so feel your pain!! Edie pmd me to ask that I read your post and I know exactly how you are feeling. Ask Edie, I was freaking about 10 days after surgery when I discovered I had gaing ELEVEN POUNDS!! I just knew I was some sort of metabolic freak! It was ALL Water gain from the surgery. DON'T WORRY...IT WILL COME OFF!!! Try to stay off the scale till it does, it doesn't do you any good and it sure won't make it come off any faster, unfortunately! Good luck!

Trudie between me and u lol, I think you cried off all that Water gain, you forgot to mention that. I had to gig you, it was terrible and unbelivable , 11 lbs. You can be the poster child for this issue.

LOve ya and you know that, I told you I was going to laugh about this one day. I am being mean I guess . Hopefully you wont read this post.

you band sister always,

edie