Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Which embarrasses you more?

Which embarrasses you more?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which embarrasses you more?

• Those who notice and comment on your weight loss?
    • Those who do not notice a significant weight loss frustrate me!
    • Only those who make a big deal out of it makes my shy side come out yet I appreciate their support.
    • Doesn't matter, I don't care in the least.

Ohhh I thought it might be an acronym..crap cant speel that! :biggrin1:

Ok so I now know what to tell my sweetie to call me..a sl..crap cant speel it either!!! Spelling..not really my strong suit

Here I thought being called decent looking was good, and now you've given my aspirations! lol

I'm with Wheetsin - I don't like the attention.

People are just starting to really notice and it makes me uncomfortable. Luckily I haven't gotten the dreaded question yet "How are you doing it?"

I've told a few family members and the girls at work about my band but that's it. I guess by telling a few people I decided to be open about it but I haven't been put on the spot yet.

I'm with Wheetsin - I don't like the attention.

People are just starting to really notice and it makes me uncomfortable. Luckily I haven't gotten the dreaded question yet "How are you doing it?"

I've told a few family members and the girls at work about my band but that's it. I guess by telling a few people I decided to be open about it but I haven't been put on the spot yet.

About the "dreaded question," I have had so many people just assume that I have been really, really sick. :phanvan

Ohhh I thought it might be an acronym..crap cant speel that! :biggrin1:

LOL It only RHYMES with MILF. :girl_hug:

I am a walking contradiction. I want people to notice that I have lost weight, but I do not want them to say anything else. My highest ever was 300lbs before the lap band. I have been losing weight pretty steadily since I started my lapband preop diet a little over 4 months ago. Today I am 224! I am so happy. I went from a size 22/24 top and bottom to 18 pant and 14/16 top. I think I look a lot better (I actually have a figure), yet I get so frustrated that some people don't notice! Hopefully they do notice, but just don't want to say anything. I am completly in the closet with my lapband. Only my parents know and they are sworn to secrecy.

One of the things that I really hate is if someone does notice, they have to ruin my triumph by asking how I did it or how much I lost. It is none of their business how much I have lost! Just say I look great and end it! I don't know about you guys, but I am embarased that I let my weight problem go on as long as it did, so I don't want to tell them how much "repenting" I have had to do, or that I am only about halfway done. Wow that was a run-on sentence, oh well. When they ask how I did it I just say, "I started doing all the things the doctors tell us to do. I am very careful about what I eat and I exercise." People always look a little let down. Did they really think I was going to tell them I had surgery? In truth, diet and exercise is exactly how I am doing it, I just have a little help with the band. It is still a mind game every day. There is no easy way to do it.

I know this was long, but I had to vent. I wore a new outfit to church today that made me feel like a million bucks. I was sure that it would make people finally notice. No one said a thing. I do feel better having gotten this off my chest.

I got my first "Are you sick?" comment. Of course I said no-but debated about whether to mention my band. I did and the person seemed like it was no big deal-she was just glad I wasn't sick!

MOTHER IN LAWS aka MONSTER IN LAWS

This past summer when mil came in for a visit I had lost 40 lbs, the whole winter when she'd call she'd ask how much I lost and blah blah blah, so she comes in and never mentioned my weight or loss, period. I was hurt and mad. I guess dh musta said something bc when she was here in the fall I'd lost another 20 lbs and she awed over me. Yeah right.

Other people who don't know I'm banded have been very genteel, I get the "you look so good, I love your hair that way" Which is a huge joke amongst my dd's and niece bc they say I've been wearing my hair the same FOREVER - then I get the others who know I've had surgery and they gush over me. I eat it up. I also try to encourage those who are thinking about it to have it done.

I love my band new me.

I must add that no one really notices the first 30 or 40 lbs, it took a good 60 for people to really see it.

I actually had a twist on this tonight at a chinese restaurant. (picture the chinese accent on the english words..lol)The chinese gal that took my take out order said, "How you beeeen?" I said, "fine". She said,"You lost weight". I said, "yes, some". She said, "No, you lost lot of weight". And then she gave me a dirty look for trying to deny that I had lost a lot of weight. Sheesh! I guess modesty doesnt cross the culture barrier...or she wanted me to admit that I used to be really fat? not sure which?

I voted number two. I've lost nearly 30 pounds and no one has said anything! sheesh.

As for the BIG question, how did you do it, I plan on saying with a lot of hard work, period.

I voted number two. I've lost nearly 30 pounds and no one has said anything! sheesh.

As for the BIG question, how did you do it, I plan on saying with a lot of hard work, period.

DAMN Lindata! You look mighty fine! How the heck did you do it?????

I actually had a twist on this tonight at a chinese restaurant. (picture the chinese accent on the english words..lol)The chinese gal that took my take out order said, "How you beeeen?" I said, "fine". She said,"You lost weight". I said, "yes, some". She said, "No, you lost lot of weight". And then she gave me a dirty look for trying to deny that I had lost a lot of weight. Sheesh! I guess modesty doesnt cross the culture barrier...or she wanted me to admit that I used to be really fat? not sure which?

I get the "Michelle" salad from Quiznos. It's my own creation.

The "children" that work there have seen me from day one losing weight and they are seriously great motivation. Even if I haven't lost weight they say it looks like I have anyway.

A new guy bought the restaurant and they were telling him today that I've lost quite a bit of weight and he wanted to know how many pounds. It's so many it is embarrassing at this point. I finally said, 110.

I really do give them some of the credit, they make salads just for me. Something not on their menu. They have been a fantastic support system. The "children" even like my piercing (even if they DID say they wished their Moms were that cool... gahhh).

The new owner asked me for before, during, and after photos as he would love to post them, kinda like Jared from Subway. Not gonna happen, not in this lifetime or any other but it was nice that he asked. Kinda.

Okay, not really but I get his intent and that was very nice. :)

DAMN Lindata! You look mighty fine! How the heck did you do it?????

Hahaha! Why, thank you! You're the first to notice. I did it with a lot of hard work! :biggrin1:

I get the "Michelle" salad from Quiznos. It's my own creation.

The "children" that work there have seen me from day one losing weight and they are seriously great motivation. Even if I haven't lost weight they say it looks like I have anyway.

A new guy bought the restaurant and they were telling him today that I've lost quite a bit of weight and he wanted to know how many pounds. It's so many it is embarrassing at this point. I finally said, 110.

I really do give them some of the credit, they make salads just for me. Something not on their menu. They have been a fantastic support system. The "children" even like my piercing (even if they DID say they wished their Moms were that cool... gahhh).

The new owner asked me for before, during, and after photos as he would love to post them, kinda like Jared from Subway. Not gonna happen, not in this lifetime or any other but it was nice that he asked. Kinda.

Okay, not really but I get his intent and that was very nice. ;)

okay, is it just me or is anyone else curious too??? what exactly is put into a "michelle" salad? ?? maybe something we'd all like to try out.

xoxo, hazeleyegrl1

ps - comments and compliments don't bother me...especially from overweight ppl inquiring how i'm doing it...i think alot of them may be motivated or inspired to look into it for themselves BUT...when my sister asks me about my weight, it is usually out of jealousy. she is also overweight but thinks the whole thing is "stupid"....AND, almost seems like she feels challenged or threatened by my weightloss....she is now constantly on a new diet and/or exercise plan and is constanly wanting to compare sizes, lbs, calories, etc....its frustrating.

okay, is it just me or is anyone else curious too??? what exactly is put into a "michelle" salad??? maybe something we'd all like to try out.

xoxo, hazeleyegrl1

Lettuce, Tomato, onions, tuna salad, parmesan/romano cheese, and Cesar (x2) dressing. It's soooo good!

Hmmm, they are open for nine more minutes... haven't had one in a few days...

Nope, don't need it. Already ate today. I need to keep repeating that for nine more minutes. Eight more minutes....