Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 minutes ago, awilli9634 said:

I vaped THC within a week of being home from the hospital. No ill effects. I asked my surgeon before hand and he said I would be fine (always check with your surgeon). The munchies were never a big deal for me and now being 14 months out (daily smoker) I can honestly say cannabis rarely affects my appitate. I am also very strict with what I eat and when I eat it. I think that's key. Knowing your next meal/snack is right around the corner.

im from the caribbean, and smoke methods are not realy discussed with the surgeons here, they are not realy informed. i read up here on the vaping which seems a good option, but i cant get a rea answer if the vaping, the inhalation, also can cause bleeding ulsers if you vape regurarly.

regular smoking, tobacco or ganja, can cause bleeding ulsers i keep reading everywhere.

if you have an answer on that from your surgeon, that would be nice

6 minutes ago, kennyranking said:

im from the caribbean, and smoke methods are not realy discussed with the surgeons here, they are not realy informed. i read up here on the vaping which seems a good option, but i cant get a rea answer if the vaping, the inhalation, also can cause bleeding ulsers if you vape regurarly.

regular smoking, tobacco or ganja, can cause bleeding ulsers i keep reading everywhere.

if you have an answer on that from your surgeon, that would be nice

Unfortunately I do not have an answer on that. If you feel uncomfortable wait a month or so. Weed will always be there. Focus on doing you and creating good eating habits.

I know that smoking causes slower healing...so you might want to wait until healed. I’m not into that so that’s just a very lame answer from what I do know about smoking in general. I would imagine edibles only matter in the food ingredients - sugar, flour, chocolate- not good for a new tummy.

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

I have been smoking since I left the hospital and I'm fine :) actually it helps with the crappy feeling tremendously!

Sincerely, Johanna

Honestly love this response and thanks for the little compliment (Seasoned pot smoker)

People need to do some research. I use PRESCRIBED medical cannabis via vape or tincture. I have chronic pain and brutal insomnia. I use a high cbd low thc strain. With little to no “high”. It has replaced several dangerous medications and given me my life back. I used Cannabis since the day I came home and never took ONE pain med. And btw, pain meds make one very high and are horribly addictive.

People need to do some research. I use PRESCRIBED medical cannabis via vape or tincture. I have chronic pain and brutal insomnia. I use a high cbd low thc strain. With little to no “high”. It has replaced several dangerous medications and given me my life back. I used Cannabis since the day I came home and never took ONE pain med. And btw, pain meds make one very high and are horribly addictive.

My question is, if you vape, can it cause bleeding ulcers?

14 minutes ago, kennyranking said:

My question is, if you vape, can it cause bleeding ulcers?

Where are you getting the idea that vaping mj causes ulcers?

H. pylori bacteria and/or NAISD's are what causes ulcers

https://www.everydayhealth.com/digestive-health/experts-what-causes-ulcers.aspx

Edited by sillykitty
typo

19 minutes ago, Yettid said:

And btw, pain meds make one very high and are horribly addictive.

And pain meds can be used as prescribed and provide needed pain relief. Let's not paint any drug as all good or all bad, both pain meds and mj can be used properly and they can both be abused.

Where are you getting the idea that vaping mj causes ulcers?
H. pylori bacteria and/or NAISD's are what causes ulcers
https://www.everydayhealth.com/digestive-health/experts-what-causes-ulcers.aspx

Smoking increases your risk of experiencing the following surgical complications:

Blood clots

Pneumonia

Marginal ulcers

Surgical wound infection

Smokers have almost a 30 percent complication rate after weight loss surgery, which is astoundingly higher than the surgical complication rate for non-smokers.

https://www.flowersbariatriccenter.com/patient-resources/preparing-for-bariatric-surgery/why-it-matters-to-stop-smoking-after-weight-loss-surgery/

Anything smoke related can cause them, and i do not now where the vaping stands. Thats why im asking. I read people in here smoking having fun and saying no ill effect, but ulcers is a thing you cant see coming, and develop overtime without you knowing it.

Thats why i want to know, cause i like the vape option, if it's safe tho

6 minutes ago, kennyranking said:

Smoking increases your risk of experiencing the following surgical complications:

Blood clots

Pneumonia

Marginal ulcers

Surgical wound infection

Smokers have almost a 30 percent complication rate after weight loss surgery, which is astoundingly higher than the surgical complication rate for non-smokers.

https://www.flowersbariatriccenter.com/patient-resources/preparing-for-bariatric-surgery/why-it-matters-to-stop-smoking-after-weight-loss-surgery/

Smoking tobacco and vaping mj are totally different. Smoking tobacco has been shown to cause all of the negative consequences you quote above.

You are not going to get the definitive answer you are looking for on vaping mj. The research simply hasn't been done.

Smoking tobacco and vaping mj are totally different. Smoking tobacco has been shown to cause all of the negative consequences you quote above.
You are not going to get the definitive answer you are looking for on vaping mj. The research simply hasn't been done.

Very true. For those who don’t know, there is no smoke when vaping. Therefore, if your medicine is federally regulated, it is organic and free of toxins.