Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my pre op liquid diet... tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Well here goes.... I am wondering what this is going to be like. November 2nd is my surgery day and it is creeping up soon. I am a bit nervous yet very excited at the same time. I would like to hear from anyone with words of wisdom to get me through these next 2 weeks...........lisa

My surgery is on Wednesday. I have 6 days left of this 2 week preop diet. To be completely honest, this liquid diet sucks!!!! I have been advised by people on here that the preop diet is the worst. Once you have your band, you fill up more quickly due to the pouch, and you don't really feel like eating that much in the beginning. The best advise I can give is what I keep telling myself everyday. Just stick with it. This too shall pass. I have not been perfect on the liquid diet so don't be too hard on yourself if you have those moments. Just get back up and keep going. After al, if we could do liquid diets well, then we wouldn't need a lap band. COme here for support, and if you are tempted to eat, drink a shake and then see if you still think you need something else. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! let me know how you are doing.

The liquid diet was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. I had never tried the slim fast diet plan for example.

I thought I was going to start chewing on my furniture.

It was so worth it. LIke I have posted before this part of banding separates the men from the boys. I felt so relieved when it was over. Mine was 10 days before and 5 after surgery.

My familiy told me later they knew I would be sucessful when I could stay on the liquid diet part. They said they knew it must have been so hard.

Good luck for your soon to be band sister

edie (not eddie tee hee)

I agree with all of you. It was the toughest. I am on my last day today and getting banded tomorrow morning! I have lost weight already and it does prepare you for what ahead. Just remember there is a light at the end of this tunnel and it is going to be so BRIGHT.

I only had to do a week of the liquid diet before surgery. It was the hardest part of this whole thing. Even my doctor told me that the surgery and the weeks to follow would be a breeze compared to that week. And he was right..-lol- I went for my post op check up on wednesday.. and counting the week of liquids pre op.. and one week liquids post op...i had lost 15 pounds. So of course looking back on it all now... it was worth every gagging spoonful of low fat cream Soup..-lol-

Best of luck to all of you..

Lisa, I'm on my second day. So far it hasn't been too awful, since I only have two meals that are shakes made from sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast with a cup of skim milk and 1/4 c. powdered milk added (I also jazz it up with a tsp. of cocoa, 1/4 tsp. vanilla and an extra packet of Splenda). I was surprised at how full they kept me. Two Snacks - one is two string cheeses and the other a piece of fruit (pear or apple); dinner is 4 oz. of lean meat, a cup of veggies and two slices of Pepperidge Farm Veri Thin whole grain bread.

Of course, I'm only on day 2, so a week from now I may be wanting to chew my arm off, but so far, not too bad.

Been running to the bathroom a lot! I lost 3 pounds on the first day, which is a great motivator. Good luck to you!

Hi Lisa I am scheduled on Nov 1st! So day apart! I am wondering how to do the liqid diet what I should eat and drink! My doc didnt told me anything - he said that I have to loose 15pounds untill then and no mater what I have to do it! i am so struggling with it and I am wondering if my diet since a week is even working I eat under 500cal and I see no results...man I am so frustrated!!!!

Please! tell me how did you lost the 15 pounds! I can't imagin that I have 2 weeks for that!!!! please help help

Do you also know what is going to happen if you dotn't loos all 15 pounds? whats gonna happen?

Renewedhope I am also having surgery on the 24th of this month. I had to go on a low carb preop diet for 2 wks...I am thinking though that these last couple of days I am going to do liquid just to get back on track and also try and prepare for after surgery.

What kinds of things did your docs have you eat and not eat? Mine gave me a pre op diet that doesn't sound like any of yours.

Two eight ounce glassas of skim milk a day with the protien powder of my choice,

and then three times a day ,over 15 minutes, I can have:

1/2-1 cup non-fat cottage cheese or non-fat sugar free yogurt and

2-3 ounces Water packed tuna or salmon or skinless turkey and

non starchy veggies sauteed in 1-2 teaspoon olive oil and/or fruit-fresh,frozen or canned in own jiuces.

He said it was to shrink my liver and lose weight. Maybe I should do just the liquids. I have only been doing his diet for 1 week and have lost 9 pounds.:help:

Godsgurl, so cool to be banded the same day. We will have to keep up with each other.

Onmyway, my preop diet consists of myoplex shake 3 times a day and Clear Liquids in between. I would love some real food at this point, but I'm sure I will be glad in the long run. I have REALLY been wanting chinese food, but I am going to behave and stick with the liquids

Here is a link to my surgeon's website with the pre and post op diet. Pre & Post Operative Diet

Hope that helps.

Amy

I cant help with what you are going thru but my prayers are with you, keep us posted on how it is going, I am hoping to be right behind you in a few months. Good luck with the liquid diet.< /p>

same to you on your surgery, cant help with anything, I am still in the insurance search stage. I hope to be among those banded in 2008. good luck, on surgery and keep us posted. cindy

awsome...9 pounds that is what I need! I am managing myself and I am eating no carbs no fat no sugar of coruse! I am eating:skim milk, yogurt, cotage cheese and sometimes sugar free Jello, fat free turkey or raw fish - sashimi! hmm mniam and vegetables and some fruits but it is all in small portions - no more than cup at the time but I am really starwing most of the time. I am also taking prenatal pills and some vit c etc..I guess I should it more protein..hmm

But I will try to follow your's doc ideas.. I need this @#^%^ 15 POUNDS OFF!!!