Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Open to be a mentor

I'm three years out. This has been a life changing experience. Feel free to message me for support.

Day of surgery to three years out

a.jpg

IMG952017091695101446387001.jpg

Awesome job!

28 minutes ago, connieinjax said:

Wow u look like a different person WTG

Sent from my LGMP260 using BariatricPal mobile app

I think most of us look and act like different people with this process. It's all the positive things that change in life.

11 minutes ago, kandywolf said:

Awesome job!

Thanks,

Do you have a surgery date yet? Best of luck to you.

I'm in need of some motivation! I had my sleeve done on Oct 11, 2017. I was 206 lbs and now I am at 201 lbs. I have been drinking nothing but Water, Protein Shakes, and broth. I really thought that I would lose more weight. I'm feeling very discouraged. I'm so tired of not eating anything. I feel hungry all the time and I'm worried that I won't lose as much weight as I thought I would

Wow!!! How much did you lose in what time frame?

On 10/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, jennypenny1998 said:

I'm in need of some motivation! I had my sleeve done on Oct 11, 2017. I was 206 lbs and now I am at 201 lbs. I have been drinking nothing but Water, Protein Shakes, and broth. I really thought that I would lose more weight. I'm feeling very discouraged. I'm so tired of not eating anything. I feel hungry all the time and I'm worried that I won't lose as much weight as I thought I would

I think many of us felt the same way. After your first year you will look back at this post and realize how fast the weight has come off. Be gentle with yourself and trust the process. PLEASE take advantage of your first golden year. It's your best restriction after surgery and the fastest part of your weight loss. You can lose weight after that year but it slows down for many of us. You are going to get to your other stages with food. Let your tummy heal. You are going to feel much better when you are eating real food again.

So much more coming your way with this process. You will lose weight. You will be successful.

Here is a bit of motivation for you: Try this website to visualize what your weight loss can look like.

https://modelmydiet.com/

Wishing you the best,

Jenn

12 hours ago, KarenOR said:

Wow!!! How much did you lose in what time frame?

Sorry for the length

My weight was 254 I got down to 140 in six months. Never compare the speed of your weight loss with anyones. body physiology is unique to each of us. It will mess with your head comparing. It's not how fast. It's the fact you are losing.

My lowest weight after my first year was 125. I maintained in the 130s for two years. My third year I'm 140's and I'm back in weightloss mode to get it down to where I'm comfortable.

I believe a few things that made my weightloss fast: (my disclaimer - I'm not saying do as I do. We all have our own goals)

• Motivation: My heart had stopped in the emergency room. The doctors brought me back. Nothing like a health crisis to make you change.
  • Perspective: Before surgery my mother and father in law passed away from cancer. Anyone in hospice care with months to live would give anything to trade us with our weight loss struggles.
  • Third month I stalled. I had to be honest with myself and reevaluate what I was doing. I had slacked off on my activity. I sold my treadmill that I had at home (it had become a place that I hung my clothing) I bought a gym membership with that money.

Exercise:My couch potato ways got me to be morbidly obese. My surgeons office contract that I signed said I will commit to exercise. He wanted an hour a day. I could only walk a half hour.

At the start of WLS I wanted to run the race for the cure 5K in memory of my mother. Third month stall sold my treadmill and went to the gym. I stopped wallowing in my pity party and got to work. (my struggle with exercise was nothing compared to her battle with cancer)

The gym replaced my stress and emotional eating. It's where I go to process my mental stuff. It's where I learned to forgive myself for many things. It helped me deal with the grief of losing my mother.

My gym became my new addiction. I worked out 5 to 7 days a week. First hour cardio..Mostly elliptical machine ( easier on my knees) Second hour weight lifting.

I completed that 5K for my mother...I'm in my third year and completed my first marathon.

Without-a-Struggle-There-is-No-Progress.

Don't take anything for granted! Make no apology for living an amazing life!

Edited by jenn1

Have you had a good fall of the wagon struggle after your surgery? I’m two and a half years out. Best shape of my life. I go to the gym 5 days a week- cardio and weights. I recently had plastics done too. My problem right now is giving into my temptations everyday. It’s been so bad lately. Today I ate like 2 king size candy bars and a piece of cake. It’s like I’ve lost control over my eating again.

1 hour ago, fitRN said:

Have you had a good fall of the wagon struggle after your surgery? I’m two and a half years out. Best shape of my life. I go to the gym 5 days a week- cardio and weights. I recently had plastics done too. My problem right now is giving into my temptations everyday. It’s been so bad lately. Today I ate like 2 king size candy bars and a piece of cake. It’s like I’ve lost control over my eating again.

still going to the gym! You're a bad a$$ :D I'm so jealous you had plastics.

I can relate. I did great maintaining at 130 in my first two years. Third year has been a struggle. I'm up to 147 today. I'm working hard to get back to where I'm comfortable. I seriously miss the days of fast weight loss. It takes one weekend of bad choices for me to gain. Snails pace to get it back off.

Temptations - oh yeah! I had an incident where I had pie and icecream on a weekend. (I felt like crap afterward)

I told my husband I'm getting rid of temptations in the house. If he wants his treats he better hide them well. If I find them they go in the trash. Harsh but I can't trust myself right now.

I'm working on night snacking right now.

I allow myself raw veggies or a small amount of fruit when I feel like I need to snack. When I try to tell myself I want something other than the veggies or fruit....I know it's only head hunger.

I bought a large veggie tray at Walmart. I use my own lite dressing or a bit of PB2 with my celery. It gives me a way to satisfy salty or sweet cravings. The bulk of the veggies satisfy the hunger.

I bought a tray of pre sliced red and green apples. I have about 1.5 to 2 oz of sliced apple with a drizzle of smucker's sugar free caramel.

3 to 6 Strawberries dipped in Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup.

SIDE NOTE - I'm also a cardio and lifting girl~ The weight lifting is a game changer right? BEAST MODE! lol

Edited by jenn1

I’m just starting. I’m scheduled for sleeve surgery Nov 30th. My husband is now being a jerk. Looks like I may be hiding in my room away from him for quite a while. I don’t need his negativity just as I’m starting this. To add to everything, I have RA so I need this surgery, I need to be healthy.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:07 PM, TexasTracy said:

I’m just starting. I’m scheduled for sleeve surgery Nov 30th. My husband is now being a jerk. Looks like I may be hiding in my room away from him for quite a while. I don’t need his negativity just as I’m starting this. To add to everything, I have RA so I need this surgery, I need to be healthy.

Is he scared of the changes you will go through? My fiancé didn't have a problem with the surgery, but when my mom had hers done, my dad was a jerk. I think it is because he was scared of the changes my mom was going to go through (physically and mentally) and was becoming jealous. She had surgery years ago, and he still is like that. You don't need the added stress of your situation, so maybe explaining to him exactly why you need/ want surgery will help him understand.

On 11/11/2017 at 2:07 PM, TexasTracy said:

Congratulations on your surgery date.

Relationships are a tricky thing. You don't need anyone's negativity. Know that you will get positive support from us here. I hope his attitude will change in time as you get healthy.