Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need typical day menu

This is a menu option that I posted in another thread. I was eating this way at 7 weeks out. I made substitutions, but tried to eat 6X daily so that I didn't get hungry. I was told to up my calorie count to 800-1,000 per day since 6 weeks out.

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup of spinach, 1veggie sausage (116 cals, 3g fat, 2g Net Carbs, 16g Protein)

AM Snack: 1 Premier Protein Shake (160 cals, 3g fat, 3g Net Carbs, 30g Protein)

Lunch: kale salad with cubed turkey (195 cals, 15g fat, 1g Net Carbs, 12g Protein)

Early PM Snack: 1 oz. raw almonds (160 cals, 14g fat, 3g Net Carbs, 6g Protein)

Dinner: 3 oz. grilled salmon with 1/4 cup chopped broccoli (185 cals, 11g fat, 1g Net Carbs, 19g Protein)

PM Snack: 2 celery sticks with 2 triangles of laughing cow cheese (85 cals, 3g fat, 1g Net Carbs, 4g Protein)

Macros: 901 calories, 49g fat, 11g Net Carbs, 87g Protein

I now eat more carbs then I did then, but still keep them under 70g on most days. I also keep my fat under 60g. I try to hit the 80g mark for protein each day.

A few times per week, I drink green protein smoothies. They are around 36 ounces, and that is all I will have until dinner as they are pretty filling. I normally divide it up into 3 drinks and have one every 3 hours or so. I will then have a dinner and PM snack as above. I really do believe that this helps to keep me pretty regular.

I play with a lot of different ingredients, but my favorite (right now) is...

1 cup frozen spinach, 1/2 cup frozen kale, 1/2 banana, 1 cup mean green juice, 1 Premier Protein shake (bananas and cream), 1 scoop Premier Protein Powder (vanilla), 1 Tbsp PB Fit Peanut Butter powder, 1Tbsp hemp seeds, 1Tbsp chia seeds, 2/3 cup Water, ice

(625 cals, 16g fat, 39g Net Carbs, 73g Protein)

I will use some stevia or splenda if I need to for sweetness, but just a bit. You can find a recipe for mean green juice online or purchase a green juice (raw) in many stores.

At seven weeks, I was eating about 700 calories with 70-90 grams of Protein and at least 64 ounces of Water a day. So

Breakfast - Premier caramel Protein Shake with 1/2 cup of coffee and Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup and ice - (30 g protein, 130 cal.)

lunch - 3 ounces albacore tuna with 1 tablespoon mayo. Some lettuce leaves to eat the tuna in. (13 g protein 140 cal.)

snack - Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt - flavor of your choice - 15 g protein 120 calories

dinner - 4 ounces chicken breast grilled (28 g/140 cal.) some salad.

Snack - mozzarella cheese stick - 1 60 calories 7g.

So that's 93 grams of protein and under 700 calories. You could even throw in a sugar free pudding or Jello for dessert. Use my fitness pal or some other app to track - it helps. Concentrate on protein.

My NUT has us eating 5 mini-meals daily - every 3 - 4 hours. At 7 weeks out I ate:

Breakfast - scrambled egg with salsa or my daily Protein Shake

Meal 2 - 2 oz chicken or shrimp, salsa, hummus, guacamole or cocktail sauce to make the Protein moist and easier to eat. Grapes without skin if there was room

Meal 3 - yogurt or a mozzarella cheese stick

Meal 4 - 2 oz protein (pork, chicken, crab, etc) with a sauce (Low sugar Tomato sauce, salsa, hummus,etc)

Meal 5 - cheese or mozzarella cheese stick or parmesan cheese crisps or nuts

On 10/19/2017 at 3:07 AM, Nessy76 said:

I’m 6 weeks out:

breakfast: 2 eggs, tablespoon feta, 1/4 c fresh spinach cooked into omelette

snack: Greek yogurt

snack: latte

lunch: 2oz chicken salad

snack: string cheese

dinner: chili or other Protein dense Soup

snack: applesauce

sometimes cottage cheese instead of yogurt or sub Breakfast for a Protein Shake (rarely). But i’ve been eating very similar to this since 1 week out. Usually get about 800-900 cal.

2 eggs at 6 weeks?? May I ask male or female? So interesting how everyone's capacity's are different.

dreamingsmall.. i’m A female. It takes me about 20 min to 1/2 hr to eat 2 eggs.

7 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

2 eggs at 6 weeks?? May I ask male or female? So interesting how everyone's capacity's are different.

Wow, I don't feel much restriction at 7 weeks out so I need to be really careful!

dreamingsmall.. i’m A female. It takes me about 20 min to 1/2 hr to eat 2 eggs.< br>

Was it in ur plan to only eat for 20 mins? Whatever doesnt fit in 20 mins woyld be saved for next time?
It IS interesting how everyones plans can be so different.

At this point my only plan is to get my protein/ fluids in, however long it takes.

32 minutes ago, Amburmist said:

Was it in ur plan to only eat for 20 mins? Whatever doesnt fit in 20 mins woyld be saved for next time?

Never heard that re 20 minutes. And chewing each bite for 2 minutes is craziness.

A lot of plans want patients approximating 3 meals a day eating. A typical meal lasts 20 minutes, and if you eat longer than that, you'll "overeat".

I can overeat on ice cream in 30 seconds. I can't possibly overeat grilled salmon.

I'm eating a variety of foods now (almost two months out). Breakfast might be an egg with an ounce of cheese and some spinach--can't eat two eggs at a time. Yesterday had a tossed salad with bacon and chicken for lunch. snack of an ounce of cashews. dinner was lazy: two turkey sausage links in a piece of bread. Yes, I know I shouldn't be eating the bread . . .

I made Swedish meatballs the other day and had five of them (four ounces) for breakfast today. Am planning to have some cottage cheese with pineapple for lunch.

I've done a number of different things but have come back to the realization that I have to get my Protein in and I don't like to use shakes very often.

I am still not hungry at all and only eat because I know I need the protein and I feel a bit better if I eat regularly than if I ignore the need.

On 10/19/2017 at 7:42 AM, Drzthickness85 said:

How many hours in between are you having your meals?

These are two hours between. Within that two hours, I was focusing on liquids.

On 24/10/2017 at 3:33 PM, Amburmist said:

My plan is I am told to only eat for 20 minutes. But I don't eat that long I eat, finnish and then whatevers left will be another meal but not a snack as I feel I am grazing then.. I like to not take 20 minutes as if I eat then wait I can eat alot more I can imagine.

On 24/10/2017 at 2:26 PM, HDScarlett said:

Wow, I don't feel much restriction at 7 weeks out so I need to be really careful!

I think perhaps the restriction depends on what you eat as I feel less with other things, but eggs If boiled I can eat one , take away one small bite, I have to spit out the last bite sometimes as I get that full feeling as I am about to eat the last bite lol. at 7 weeks your still healing to so you may feel it more as time goes on :)

I think perhaps the restriction depends on what you eat as I feel less with other things, but eggs If boiled I can eat one , take away one small bite, I have to spit out the last bite sometimes as I get that full feeling as I am about to eat the last bite lol. at 7 weeks your still healing to so you may feel it more as time goes on [emoji4]

Good point. Some foods make my pouch feel more restrictive than others. That's why my team instructs me to eat by portion, not by time (20mins) because with the foods that aren't as restrictive in my pouch, I'd probably overeat if i just ate to 20 mins, regardless of portion. So I eat to the portion size (2-4oz per meal), up to 20 mins, and then call it. If i do t finish my 2-4 oz by 20 mins, oh well. No more to eat until next meal.