Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved 3 years ago today. Ask me anything.

October 16, 2014, I had sleeve gastrectomy surgery. A lot's happened since then. Ask me anything.

Any regrets?

Would you do it again?

Did you reach goal? Have you been able to maintain?

If you have gained any weight back please share if you can pinpoint why? For example, Did you change your eating or exercise habits...

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Do you have a beer now and then?

12 minutes ago, Killian said:

Any regrets?

Would you do it again?

No.

Yes, but I'd more seriously consider gastric bypass for myself.

8 minutes ago, amsedano said:

Can you drink coffee

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes. I started a few weeks after surgery. I'm sipping some right now!

How much can you eat? Are you hungry a lot?

So many questions!!! Can you have a glass of wine once in a while?How do you do when you are in a large group and everyone is eating everything? Have you gained any of your weight? I am 2 months post op and I am just starting to feel “normal” again. I am so proud of the 58 lbs I have lost, but it has been a miserable 2 months - nauseous for most of it and very constipated. The last 3 or 4 days have been the best, feeling pretty good. Would love to hear your story. Judee

October 16, 2014, I had sleeve gastrectomy surgery. A lot's happened since then. Ask me anything.

Do you wish you had the gastric bypass instead of the sleeve?

Right now, I'm thinking I should have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BariatricPal mobile app

Did you start out with exercise, are you still doing it? When did weight loss slow down.

So you must be struggling, or is there another reason you think you should have had the bypass (acid reflux?)?

Are you considering a revision now?

8 hours ago, Killian said:

Do you have a beer now and then?

Can I? Yes. Do I? No. I've always been more of a wine person than a beer person. That said, I grew to enjoy wine too much. I got to the point that I was drinking one to two bottles of wine every night. That was a poor choice. I'm proud to say it's been more than 10 weeks since I've had any alcohol. I have few regrets in life, but if I had to do drink that much again, I wouldn't.

8 hours ago, Berry78 said:

How much can you eat? Are you hungry a lot?

I can pretty easily eat 8 ounces of just about anything. More than that & I feel uncomfortable.

I'm not hungry a lot. Once a day around 4:30pm I could definitely use some food. I'm trying to anticipate that so I have good options available to me.

8 hours ago, I can do this too! said:

So many questions!!! Can you have a glass of wine once in a while?How do you do when you are in a large group and everyone is eating everything? Have you gained any of your weight? I am 2 months post op and I am just starting to feel “normal” again. I am so proud of the 58 lbs I have lost, but it has been a miserable 2 months - nauseous for most of it and very constipated. The last 3 or 4 days have been the best, feeling pretty good. Would love to hear your story. Judee

I can have wine, but as I mentioned in another reply, I grew to like wine too much. I was drinking one to two bottles every night. I'm proud to say I haven't had any alcohol for more than 10 weeks!

What do I do when I'm in a large group? I tell people, "Enjoy!" I eat my portion & that's that.

I've regained nearly 40 of the 108lbs I lost. I'm not proud of that. Alcohol played a part.

I'm sorry to read you're nauseous & constipated. I hope both of those improve for you!

8 hours ago, teedsg said:

Do you wish you had the gastric bypass instead of the sleeve?

Sometimes.