Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else hate Gatorade?

The panic is setting in. I’m 1 week away and now I have a million thoughts running through my brain. Trying to make a grocery list so I have everything I’ll need post op. I know right after surgery they encourage Gatorade or Powerade or something similar, but I cannot stand the taste of anything like that. The salty flavor is awful. What is everyone’s drink of choice for Clear Liquids?

I never heard to specifically drink the -ades. I can't stand it either and I never drank any. I drank sips of Water and the Protein Shakes. That;s it.

My surgeon didn't encourage it. Water was just fine!

Have you tried Propel? For me it goes down so much easier than anything else. Post op, I also couldn't do spring Water. Now that I'm 2 months out I can tolerate purified water. But still not spring water. Propel has been a life saver.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

If looking for the electrolytes Gatorade and Propel offer, unsweetened coconut Water is a good alternative. Just watch the sugar... If looking for taste you can try essential oils (I use DoTerra) for flavoring. A few drops of lemon is yummy.

I just hate the diet versions. G2 and Powerade Zero because that's all I would drink post op. I do like Vitamin Water but the amount of carbs in that are insane...

Hw-273
Sw-226
CW-158
GW-130
Size- 4 or 6, Small in sweats. Large in shirts... Could be a medium. depends on how it's cut or made.

Surgery Date- April 26th, 2017
RNY
"Only those who try will become" FFX

The panic is setting in. I’m 1 week away and now I have a million thoughts running through my brain. Trying to make a grocery list so I have everything I’ll need post op. I know right after surgery they encourage Gatorade or Powerade or something similar, but I cannot stand the taste of anything like that. The salty flavor is awful. What is everyone’s drink of choice for clear liquids?

I just bought a variety of Protein Water on Amazon. Delivered in less than 48 hours. Now let's cross our fingers and hope they taste good.
IMG_20171014_104754769.jpg IMG_20171014_105110432.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

I found a couple of Protein waters at Wal-Mart. One was ok, the other was terrible. I think it’s just my picky tastes. I can do coconut Water in a smoothie, but alone I can’t handle it. Hopefully my taste buds change after surgery and I don’t mind that or the artificial sweetener.

My surgeon did not recommend G2 Gatorade after surgery; instead, he allowed regular Gatorade for hydration therapy. He said the artificially sweetened ones just don’t give you the optimum electrolyte replacement as you need salt & sugar for that benefit. I found drinking regular Gatorade to be very helpful when I was lightheaded post-op. It was hard to get all the required Water in some days so the Gatorade helped when I was dehydrated. I wasn’t drinking very much so I wasn’t concerned that that smalll amount of sugar would derail my weight loss, which it didn’t.

My favorite Gatorade flavor is Lime Cucumber (aka Limon Pepino)!

Edited by MarinaGirl

How is protein20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Protein20 is strong. Like super sweet. I Water mine down until I can handle it. It's almost like I get two bottles for the price of one.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app