Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you think it's rude to correct another's grammar?

Workshipe is a good one because that's one I pointed out. It wasn't an argument so there was no petty motive. (Umm, that doesn't mean there is petty motive if it is an argument, just that -- ackplblblbl, you know what I mean!) I just saw it so many times that I started to think - hey, maybe this person really doesn't know... and call it the educator in me, I don't know, but I just figured i would throw it out there just in case the person didn't know.

I guess you have to keep in mind that I work in the adult learning field, and tend to think of things in terms of learning opportunities... and being INTJ, don't tend to think of things in terms of the embarassment they might cause...

It's all personality, baby! (and mine is a bit non-sequitir)

And if the person already knows, it isn't meant to insult intelligence. Not at all. It's an "FYI".

If I wanted to break or humiliate someone, I'd go straight for the jugular. I'm way too direct to bother with little jabs here and there. Being pecked to death by ducks is too slow for my style.

(BTW, file "FYI" under annoying cliches, right next to people who make trendy quotation marks with their fingers while they're talking)

Oh darn it! I thought it was Wassa! Wheetsin you were the "workship" girl? , sorry Wassa! got confuzzled! now wheetsin, repent of such correction! hehehe...

Workshucksass

Lawanda Jessica is another individual who risks being run off this community. This is because, although she has chosen to engage with the rest of us, her chosen literary style is elliptical, not academic. This has distressed certain fellow members and they are prepared to give her grief. I don't think that this is honourable or fair. You see, this is an open forum and that is the fun, the value, and the interest which this site holds for all of us, both the active members and the lurkers.

Oh, I don't intend to run her off. I hope she never thought I did. I do get a kick out of the way she posts, just because it's so different, but I don't think the way she posts is bad. I just don't appreciate being jumped on for simply asking for clarification of her post. I didn't call her an idiot or call her stupid, just asked that she put the words in a sentence so that I could understand what she was trying to say. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that was out of line or rude. If someone couldn't understand what I was attempting to say, I would hope they'd ask me for clarification, instead of ignoring me entirely.

I am nobody to correct grammar, period. I send important stuff to Lauren and she proofs it before I send it. :)

Oh Wassa, I'm sorry! it was Wheetsin who got me on workship, not you! but I have already sent her a message requesting a public retraction! hehehehe...

And just so that no one thinks I'm infallible... (major tongue in cheek)

DH and I, before the days when he was DH, used to have to do a lot of our communication online. One time he thought it would be "fun" for me to IM with his father. I had met his father at this point, but we... well, just kind of were, if you know what I mean.

So I'm trying to tell him about what I had done that day. I had spent some time with my cousins, and one had spit her gum into the other's hair. It caused quite an ordeal, including the scissor removal of said hair clump. So I very matter of factly told my would-be-father-in-law:

One of my cousins spit cum into the other's hair and we had to cut it out with scissors.

See, the "g" and "c" keys are just a little to close to each other.

And let's not forget the THOUSANDS of times I've pecked out: abou tit

I'm sorry was I quoting you?

You guys must be older.

I think laurend can speak for herself.

As I stated I could care less.

If you don't understand it don't reply to it.

It wasn't written in slang.

Sorry you feel this way!

Good day!

When it comes to a public message board anyone is free to respond. That's how message boards work. We all jump in and respond if that is what we choose to do.

Liar liar pants on fire!!!!!

Remember "workship" ??

hehehehe........

YOu better stop being rude immediately missy!

lol...hey, I actually think thought it was funny, doen't bother me at all.....

THen again, I'm such a nise,kute,eassy goin gril....!

Al da wayfrom da Wyndi Cyti!!!!!!!

Noooo, that wasn't me! Not unless I'm the one that originally typed workship. :)

And by the way, am I supposed to avoid all threads that my friends have posted to, if I happen to agree with what they've posted? That would sure cut down the number of threads I'd be allowed to post to. Am I supposed to ignore the posts attacking them, just because I happen to be their friend, and it would look like a "gang attack" if I posted to support them? Please, tell me what I am supposed to do, since I didn't know it was illegal to have friends and actually support those friends when I agree with them.

We all better look out, I guess, since it's now apparently against the rules to make more than one post supporting a particular person's POV, unless you want to look like you're following them around and "ganging up" on the people that disagree with him/her.

What isn't being discussed is when we have disagreed with one another in posts as obviously, since I disagree with Jasmine about another topic I am one being discussed. I don't take my disagreements with you to PM, if I disagree with you about the topic I'll say so in a post. It's a discussion for goodness sakes, that's how it works. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't.

Besides, I think you and I disagree on most political issues. It's just the religious ones we agree on for the most part. However, we disagree on the history of Christ, the history of Christianity, etc.

Heh... I guess the disagreements don't count, only when we agree. :)

What isn't being discussed is when we have disagreed with one another in posts as obviously, since I disagree with Jasmine about another topic I am one being discussed. I don't take my disagreements with you to PM, if I disagree with you about the topic I'll say so in a post. It's a discussion for goodness sakes, that's how it works. Sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I don't.

Besides, I think you and I disagree on most political issues. It's just the religious ones we agree on for the most part. However, we disagree on the history of Christ, the history of Christianity, etc.

Heh... I guess the disagreements don't count, only when we agree. :)

Apparently. I don't get it, though. We've definitely disagreed with each other in the past (almost violently, in fact, in a couple of cases). Are those threads and posts invisible to anyone but us?

Ditto, disagreement is part of discussion. If a person can't handle someone disagreeing with them, they shouldn't be on a discussion board, especially one with a off-topic Rants and Raves forum. And I'm a full believer in naming the people you're talking about. Passive-aggressive BS doesn't fly.

Don't forget Sandy! We definitely agree on that piece of trash.

the spitting cum comment has me laughing my butt off....so something I would do..

:)

Thanks for the laugh, Wheetsin.

Rain

I've actually done it while speaking instead of typing. Um, not the "spitting cum" part, but the words sounding or coming out like other words. I once told my teacher that "my eyes hurt." She heard "my ass hurts," though, 'cause of my accent. That one nearly got me in trouble.

What isn't being discussed is when we have disagreed with one another in posts as obviously, since I disagree with Jasmine about another topic I am one being discussed.

Ok, why are you dragging my name into this? No, I was not discussing you in particular when I said it was rude to correct someone. I don't remember you correcting my grammar on the other post, so I'm not understanding where you are coming from? I thought we agreed to disagree and let it be? Sheesh, some people just can't let things go...