Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update your Profile for better Results?

1 hour ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Where do we do it on the website?

I am not able to update my surgery section.

How do we do it?

To update your weight, go to the top of the screen by your profile photo. Click on the drop down menu and choose "My Surgery." Then choose "Progress" on the left side of the screen. You can then update your weight.

Well NEWBIE question. How do I get the info into the left side "table", or into the long weight loss ticker? Does it happen on its own? Do I have to "make" entry somewhere? App info isn't that helpful. Thanks!

4 hours ago, LillieDuFran said:

Well NEWBIE question. How do I get the info into the left side "table", or into the long weight loss ticker? Does it happen on its own? Do I have to "make" entry somewhere? App info isn't that helpful. Thanks!

You have to create your ticker. Go to the top right corner of your screen. Click on your profile name. In your case, it would be LillieDuFran. A drop down menu will appear with the word "My Tickers" on the list. Click on that and follow the steps to create your personal ticker.

Edited by Strivingforbetter

On 9/25/2017 at 2:18 PM, LillieDuFran said:

And FYI, I don't think you can do any of this on the app.

Most of the people that post now use the App and that information doesn't even show. They aren't updating it or using it, because they don't see it.

You're right. I only ever post from the app and you can't change it from the app. I'm post op, had surgery awhile ago. I post so much that most people know that but i totally get why that would be confusing for some.

On 21/09/2017 at 0:13 AM, DropWt4Life said:

Does anyone else think that is important, or am I just overthinking things?

You are so right.

Just 4-5 minutes every week to ten days to do a little 'housekeeping'.

It's not onerous.

On 22/09/2017 at 3:27 AM, fruitandveggies said:

maybe some folks are having trouble finding where to update that info.

1. Click on your name/handle then sort/edit "profile" and settings.

2. Go to the bottom-right-hand side of any forum page and update your weight/mass AS OFTEN AS IT GOES UP OR DOWN. Sooo easy and it fixes your basic stats and your tickers.

On 9/21/2017 at 1:26 PM, DropWt4Life said:

updating this site, it would be nice if he includes a tutorial on how to update your profile.

@Alex Brecher

directions, how to make a ticker, edit a ticker, profile etc

explaining to use the @ sign before the persons' name

you are specifically addressing - ie @Alex Brecher

then the person will be aware that you are addressing him/her!!

PS - if your app doesn't show things, like having a

ticker et al, maybe you could use your lap top and post,

then go back to your phone - i know this is an extra

"step" to do, but it would be very helpful.

OP, add other things here i'm forgetting

@DropWt4Life - great thread, thanx:rolleyes:

kathy

This does not work, I have tried everything that has been suggested and I cannot update my weight.

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal mobile app

Ok I fixed it, has to go under patients, then my surgery, then my surgery again at the top of page and then I was able to update

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I have been so confused seeing some listed as Pre-Op but talking as if they were post-op. Glad to know that I am not alone. And apparently, even though the app users cannot see it on every screen, there are ways for them to enter the information.