Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am So Weak I Feel Like My Blood Was Drained Help/

Hi all i had my surgery on the 10/10 had a few minor set back i had low blood pressure and low respritations! the gas was killing started to subside a little though i still have chest pain is this normal is this gas or from the band/? HELP I ALSO FEEL SO WEEK IM NOT SURE IF IT IS LACK OF NUTRRIENTS THE LOW BP OR WHAT BUT I FEEL LIKE THE WALKING DEAD ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS HELP! IS this normal for lap band surgery and if so when will i feel normal again HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:help::phanvan:rain::notagree:cry:confused::help::help:

Hi all i had my surgery on the 10/10 had a few minor set back i had low blood pressure and low respritations! the gas was killing started to subside a little though i still have chest pain is this normal is this gas or from the band/? HELP I ALSO FEEL SO WEEK IM NOT SURE IF IT IS LACK OF NUTRRIENTS THE LOW BP OR WHAT BUT I FEEL LIKE THE WALKING DEAD ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS HELP! IS this normal for lap band surgery and if so when will i feel normal again HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111:help::phanvan:rain::notagree:cry:confused::help::help:

Jamie - are you able to get your Protein in... Is your bp still low?? do you take bp meds??? Hows your sugar??? Maybe you should call your doctor if you feel that bad - Are you walking to get rid of the gas - are you using gas x strips?? everyone is different but I was ok 5 days out - I was back at work on the 6th day...

I agree with Indio. Call your doctor--especially since you had some complications. Let us know what happens.

I would concur to call the doc, but in the meantime if your not getting your Water in and your dehydrated my doctor told me you would feel like crap and ur about to die! lol which sounds like what your going through... if your dehydrated that could causing the weakness. Check for yellow pee! when you pee clear you know that your well hydrated!!

p.s- i was banded the 11th :)

i think i might be a little dehydrated my pee stinks i know that is gross im not drinking my Water your right and my bp is 108/60 which is very low i think im going to docs tommorow i was suppose to go back to work today and i know i cant go back even two days from now because i am so weak! i feel like im gonna die literally im kind of scared! thanks for all your encouragement!

Hi Jamie. I had surgery 10/11 and stayed overnight but they were going to keep me a second night because my bp dropped into the 50's or something. I also had chest pain but not from gas. It was right in the center, doc said that it is common with the lap for a few days. They did EKG to be sure but when BP dropped they got worried and were going ot keep second night. But I was really drugged up so on Friday after they gave me my 7:00 am shot and my bp dropped, I asked them not to give anymore to see. I wasn't even able to get out of bed I was so lightheaded. By afternoon I was ok. I was lucky and didn't have any of the gas pain problems. Since then, I do continue to feel week but I am not drinking my Protein Drink because it is really disgusting and he wants us on this clear kind and not the powder because of the milk in it. So after the one week of Clear Liquids, I can go to the powder and I hope that gives me a little more energy. But my doc recommends a minimum of 2 oz of some kind of liquid every hour you are awake. I have Jello, broth, ss popsicles which have been my savor really, crystal light and I repeat that to stay hydrated. If you dehydrate it will cause chest pain, body aches and not feeling well. If you continue to feel really bad, call doc. Other than the hunger thing, I feel fine and actually could function pretty well, even though I am a little sluggish. I hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know. Drink your liquids and if you can get that Protein (60g) in. Wish I could. Oh, and your Multivitamins too.

I was very weak and sick in the mornings in my first week. I'm now in week two and feeling much better. My Dr. told me that my blood sugar could be dropping too low at night and told me to make sure to eat or drink something with a lot of Protein just before bed. The liquid diet is rough, but it will get better!! Good luck to you!

Make sure you drink your Water, but if your pee stinks it might be a bladder infection. Might want to drink some cranberry juice too right now. This is not in lue of calling your doctor of course.

Hi - I was banded 8/21/07 - it wasn't until about the last three weeks or so that I felt completely drained of energy when my husban suggested that maybe I wasn't getting enuf protein/vits in - which is really hard to configure when you're eating "real" food. So..... - I switched to shakes for the past week or so - the Advantix (Dr. Atkins) shake, plus a scoop of Protein Powder + a glass of skim milk (that's about 38 gms of protein) - then later in the day, another shake with tofu, Protein powder + some milk again - by the end of the day, I make sure IU get the 60 gms in. In addition, I take this stuff (which I took before the surgery) called "Greens" which has all the good stuff veggies have + plus I found some powder which has all the good stuff fruit has - so I throw a scoop of each of those into one or both of the shakes. I'm telling you - I feel like superwoman now! Maybe that will help. Good Luck.

Hi Lauren

I see that you only have to loose 50 lbs.. I weight 190 / height: 5.3 / where did you have th surgery done?.. I am so nervous about it.. I've been in contact with Belite to skedule my appt with Dr. Lopez Corvala at the Angeles Hospital in Tijuana, MX.... is it worth it?.. do you ever eat normal or just fluids?... I love to hear more about experience. thank you!... Cosita from Canada

Hi Jamie. I had surgery 10/11 ... but I am not drinking my Protein drink because it is really disgusting and he wants us on this clear kind and not the powder because of the milk in it....
If you are starving I would move to creamy Soups. If it goes through a straw you can have it.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, WHEN WILL YOU STOP telling people they can have creamy Soups? ???????

Do you not take even a moment to read what they wrote about the doc wanting the poster on the CLEAR KIND (NO milk!!)????? So how on EARTH can she have CREAMY soups?? I'm beginning to think you have stock in a Soup company or something. Maybe you just want to sabotage people?

Neither you nor I are these peoples' surgeon! How dare we presume to know what they can have at any given point in their diet unless they tell us where they are at? In this case the poster CANNOT have CREAMS!!!!!! Then along you come spouting your Soup talk. And your famous "you can have anything that could fit through a straw." You know what, maybe she can't. I know I couldn't. There was a specific order I was to take things in.

Please, knock it off.

I Had My Surgery On 10/15. I Feel Like You Do. My Blood Preesure Dropped To 72/46 And The Nursing Staff Panicked. They Came In Every 15 Mins To Check It. I Alsmost Ended Up Staying Another Night Also. I Think I Drink Enough Water, But Have To Choke Down The shakes. If You Find Something That Helps You Feel Better Let Me Know.

well hello everyone i finally feel like part of the living after i talked to you guys on sunday night things took a really bad turn for the worst monday morning i wound up back at the hospital passing out with almost death basically i lost tooo much blood during the surgery and too much Fluid had a blood transfusion on tuesday afternoon and 2 liters of fluid omg i was so dehydrated and scared weeker than i have been since day of surgery i cannott stresss enough people drink your Water keep hydrated i was so scared you guys lost 12 lbs since last wed 10/10 im not 8 days out and feeling sort of human again but still soooo tired but better! i am very hungry though fluids are not cutting it ! you guys all say not to have milk but my doc encourages at least 3 servings a day of skim milk or yogurt its my only Protein but i am still starved it takes me no time to get full i also had extreme chest pains right after surgery and still randomly do to this day sort of scarey! i have to say so far i am not impressed please tell me it gets easier and that i made the right decisions to have this done so far i have been scared to death with all the complications hope every one else is doing well thanks for all the advice !