Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aug 25 Post Op Update

2 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

Always mention new-onset pain to your surgeon.

Have you had a BM? If not, you'll want to start thinking about getting things to happen in the next day or two in that area...

No problem in that area Berry78 :) Going to take it easy today and give it a day to see what happens. Ive read the blogs and this seems normal as swelling goes down. and body still handling the trauma.

Update: Dr said my drain most likely moved which is causing the pain. Its pretty intense. Good thing is they will be removing it on Thursday. Bad thing is I will be living with the pain and have to take the liquid pain meds until then...a small price to pay

Update: Dr said my drain most likely moved which is causing the pain. Its pretty intense. Good thing is they will be removing it on Thursday. Bad thing is I will be living with the pain and have to take the liquid pain meds until then...a small price to pay

Hi HDScarlett! I'm glad you got to the cause of that pain and I'm glad it's only a couple more days to resolve. I feel ok today - I had to remove the waterproof wound bandages- made me dizzy, but I'm a wimp. This afternoon I go to my primary care doc for a quick check and then Friday I see my surgeon. Hopefully thing will start to settle down. Wishing you all good luck!

Hi HDScarlett! I'm glad you got to the cause of that pain and I'm glad it's only a couple more days to resolve. I feel ok today - I had to remove the waterproof wound bandages- made me dizzy, but I'm a wimp. This afternoon I go to my primary care doc for a quick check and then Friday I see my surgeon. Hopefully thing will start to settle down. Wishing you all good luck!

Same to you! Having a good night and a great hair day so I'm psyched. Lol. My incisions are dissolvable stitches with a rubber cement waterproof type paint over them. The stuff just flakes off when healed. Easy peasy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi again, my surgery was also the 25th. My whole front feels sore and bloated. I also don't need pain meds as you mentioned. I gained 5 lbs of Water weight in the hospital and it's still there! I'm peeing very little. Hoping all this calms down. I took a walk yesterday and the moving helps a lot, but even my "fat" clothes hurt around my middle, so I can't wait to loose the Fluid. Has anyone else gone through this?

If you aren't peeing a lot I'd call your surgeon. That's potentially cause for alarm since your body is either holding onto the liquid or you aren't consuming enough. I pee around 6-8x a day and none are small. Could be nothing but I'd let them know.

My stomach is still swollen and retaining liquid (sleeved 8/23). My clothes all fit but feel a smidge tight. I also look 7-8 months pregnant [emoji85]

3 hours ago, KateBruin said:

Hi no problems in the peeing dept. I posted an update re my drain moving which caused the pain. Feeling much better now! If not for the drain, I could have gone back to work. But I also know that I cant do too much too soon. I can see my shape changing already and I have ankles again! :}

If you aren't peeing a lot I'd call your surgeon. That's potentially cause for alarm since your body is either holding onto the liquid or you aren't consuming enough. I pee around 6-8x a day and none are small. Could be nothing but I'd let them know.

My stomach is still swollen and retaining liquid (sleeved 8/23). My clothes all fit but feel a smidge tight. I also look 7-8 months pregnant

When you start meeting your fluid goals your body will be able to release all that swelling. Walking definitely helps too.

Ok everyone, the JP drain was removed today. Before I went in, I was in sooooo much pain I had no idea how I was going to get dressed and in the car to go to the appointment. I took a dose of my pain meds, and made it in. As soon as they took the drain out Viola', the pain disappeared !!! I am not kidding. I feel like a million bucks again.

Going forward I will be making updates to My Story on my Profile. Best of luck to everyone!

Ok everyone, the JP drain was removed today. Before I went in, I was in sooooo much pain I had no idea how I was going to get dressed and in the car to go to the appointment. I took a dose of my pain meds, and made it in. As soon as they took the drain out Viola', the pain disappeared !!! I am not kidding. I feel like a million bucks again.
Going forward I will be making updates to My Story on my Profile. Best of luck to everyone!

The drain was the source of 95% of my pain, I was so happy when they took out this morning. I was sleeved 8/30, sent home today. Onward and upward!