Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers-How are you doing??

The remarkable thing is how different each of these programmes are. For me, they discharged me from the hospital as soon as I could handle full liquids, a couple of days later I could start the purée diet and now, I am on soft foods.

I had to track my liquid intake in 15 minute increments. No more than 2 oz every 15 min (in this tiny little shot (pill) glasses) and I couldn't leave till I drank x oz within y hours. I definitely fibbed a little to get home after only one night. The hospital bed caused more pain than my incisions and my particular ward had patients that left me a little traumatized.

Less than 2 weeks till solids for me!

For those on the soft food/solid border I made this amazing mash. Riced cauliflower, sweet potato and ground turkey. Garlic and a little onion for seasoning. So good. It's not quite solid or soft.

5 minutes ago, trying4me said:

Man I feel cheated and jealous! I am supposed to do puree for 2 weeks. I feel I could avoid more carbs on soft/regular. But oh well.

I was in the hospital 2 days because of vomiting day 1. Doing ok since.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah, I can have higher quality Proteins. I was in the hospital two nights... for reasons I'm not quite sure of. I got up and walked around the surgical unit several times, I had clear and solid liquids... and I got out so soon, I actually beat my friends who were coming down from the mountains. I was so glad to have the number for the friend who was house sitting for them and able to get out of the hospital that morning.

1 minute ago, KateBruin said:

I had to track my liquid intake in 15 minute increments. No more than 2 oz every 15 min (in this tiny little shot (pill) glasses) and I couldn't leave till I drank x oz within y hours. I definitely fibbed a little to get home after only one night. The hospital bed caused more pain than my incisions and my particular ward had patients that left me a little traumatized.

For those on the soft food/solid border I made this amazing mash. Riced cauliflower, sweet potato and ground turkey. Garlic and a little onion for seasoning. So good. It's not quite solid or soft.

I don't get a chance to move on to solid foods until the six-week point.

I had to track too. And have managed pain and nausea plus walk a certain distance. Honestly I was so well cared for, but I am a nurse in the same hospital (different unit). I only nlknew 1 CNA and she was a personal friend but a surprise to see her there and I was kind of babied. It was comforting especially while I was miserable and vomiting.

But I was so happy to get home to my own bed and husband

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my VSG on 08/30 and am currently 2 weeks post op. at 207.8lbs and down 28lbs total. I had a hiatal hernia repair done as well the sleeve gastrectomy and adhesion removal (all intestines and liver was adhered to my abdominal wall). Have been having a lot of mental struggles of missing food and wanting the taste of real flavour and chewing. Its made me realize how much food is a part of our social lives and almost all we do and how food is the real energy source for our bodies. I have been having a lot of severe post up pain under both breast and all around my back. sharp stabbing pain every time I take a breath. I have no idea what its from but its awful, I can barely walk one block.

Saw my surgeon today who has cleared me for pureed foods. Looking forward to that. Was also wondering if anyone had some options or recipes for this stage maybe? Im seeing a lot of changes in my face, abdomen, thighs and neck. Next goal is under 200lbs by the end of September!!!!

pureed favorite was refried Beans and cheese topped with salsa and sour cream. It was heaven. I did tuna, roast beef hash, scrambled or mashed up hard boiled egg, thinned cream of wheat, cottage cheese with pear. I stuck to 2TBSP.

I had my sleeve surgery on August the 22nd, been a struggle but things are slowly looking up only thing I'm worried about is the fact I haven't lost weight since a week after surgery, so let's hope that starts soon

I am having the same issue... was sleeved on 8/15 and was able to start stage 5 last Tuesday. I usually have a Protein Shake for bkfst, did a 3.5 oz piece of chicken for lunch with a tiny amount of canned green Beans and had a 3.5 oz turkey burger for dinner. Fat free cheese stick with the burger. Doing fine with Protein I think, not with getting Water in.

Constipation is a continuing issue which I'll address with the dr at my 5 Week appt Wednesday. Down 48lbs since preop started 7/29

On 9/13/2017 at 3:28 PM, lindabalseca said:

thank you. today i my 5 week anniversary, i go to see the surgeon next week for the 6week follow up and hes gonna think im not trying. :/

i broke my stall lost 2 pounds woohoo!!!!

I'm still up 1,7 kg since Sunday. I'm not sure why, but I just phoned my surgeon's office and do you know what the nurse there told me? To be patient, to wait until my six-week check and not to weigh every day.

SCRÉW THAT.

I'm proactive, darn it! She even said that during our conversation this morning. She didn't give me ANY useful advice. She didn't even tell me at which point this should be a problem.

5 hours ago, Véronique said:

I'm still up 1,7 kg since Sunday. I'm not sure why, but I just phoned my surgeon's office and do you know what the nurse there told me? To be patient, to wait until my six-week check and not to weigh every day.

SCRÉW THAT.

I'm proactive, darn it! She even said that during our conversation this morning. She didn't give me ANY useful advice. She didn't even tell me at which point this should be a problem.

My doctor told me not to even think about my weight, just to concentrate on Water, Protein, Vitamins, and exercise. I understand his point, but seriously--I own a great scale and I did this surgery TO LOSE WEIGHT. Of course I'm weighing myself daily!