Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain any helpful ideas

I use to use food for my depression I got up to 315 after surgery I dropped down to 195 well that was three years ago I started to use food as a crutch after the passing of my son I went back to my old habits and know back to 225 I still can't eat a lot but just can't drop weight like I did right after surgery any suggestions..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. I express my condolences.

Perhaps weight loss shouldn't be your focus right now. Before you embark on an attempt to lose this latest weight regain, maybe some some counseling sessions would be useful?

Without professional help, you can certainly lose the weight you've regained, but nothing will stop you from returning to the comfort of food when the next situational crisis happens, predisposing you to a yo-yo cycle of weight loss and regain.

Again, I am so very sorry for the loss of your son. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Im sorry for your loss as well[emoji171] and i agree with Introversion! I say go back to the basics before you knew how fast or slow you would be losing. Focus more on the lifestyle change and discipline and not so much the weightloss and you should be fine in due time[emoji171][emoji171][emoji171][emoji11][emoji11][emoji11]

Sent from my SM-G928T using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so sorry for your lose. I am down 80lbs in one year and at 250lbs. I want to loose more. I got frustrated for a couple months didn't loose. I also had 2 weddings and we lost my nephew. I was eating what was served and gained a couple pounds. My dr asked how Protein Drinks I was having, I told her 1. I could never get up to two. She had me start drinking hr second at bed time, like a glass of Water. This helped me control late night hunger and got my hunger. It jump started loosing again. Once I felt better about that I felt like I could deal with the other stuff.

Jakebreak, what a horrible thing to happen to you. I don't know how it feels to lose a child and hope I never go through that and my children bury me instead. There is no doubt that weight loss falls to the wayside while you do the heard work of grieving. So sorry for the terrible loss. Have you tried talking to a dietitian to kickstart your weight loss back? As introversion suggested, some psychologist visits might help. Hope you start losing everyone weight again. Best of luck .