Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet at 6 wks post op

6 hours ago, MrsG#1 said:

I am 6 wks post op and have lost 49 lbs , but now my weight is stuck there. I wonder why I stopped losing. Has anyone went through this?

Your body is probably just catchingup , you have lost alot, i agree drink more Water helps alot of ppl

My Surgery was July 11th and so far no problems with food. I will try more Water . It jst gets a little boring. Lol but thank u for the advice👍😄

1000 CALORIES AT 4 WEEKS?? How ?? I have never seen that. Is this what your surgeon asked you to be on? If yes then wonderful, but I would love to know what you could be having to put you at 1000 already, sorry for my shock lol . i know all plans vary but if you are at 1000 cals at 4 weeks what will you be on at 3 months?

Lol no worries about the shock! I am shocked, too! Since this post, I have looked at the info the surgeon gave me and what I have been doing. Changes have been made including slowing down and chewing more! I am 48 and for years I have eaten so fast and never really enjoyed a bite of food! Working on doing that now! I am highly motivated to hit a milestone right now, too! I started this weight loss journey last November and had my sleeve surgery 7/24. I am currently 6 pounds from the 300 mark and 16 pounds from the 100 pounds lost milestone! So glad I found this support group! Really is helping!

@dreamingsmall For me, I'm a 6'3 man with lots of muscle mass. I'm hitting 1000cal at 7 weeks out usually each day. Talked to my Dr. Nut and Trainer and its all good. With my body type and size I'm still loosing 1.5 lbs per day average. I know I have to be mindful of the types of food I'm taking in. But a handful of almonds is like 300 cal... Which is now a staple snack of mine. My Protein Shake is also around 350 cal, 50g protein... So its not hard to get up there.

It all needs to be taken into consideration. Right now I could eat 4000 cal and still loose weight...(according to my trainer)... Thankfully I could never do that, but I'm not too worried about minimizing calories, more the type of calories I'm eating... which I think is the ultimate goal, no?

I am however finding the head cravings hitting hard these days. Almost caved again last night after a long day of work... Funny how the dumb habits fight so hard to stay alive now that they are in survival mode...

[mention=320479]dreamingsmall[/mention] For me, I'm a 6'3 man with lots of muscle mass. I'm hitting 1000cal at 7 weeks out usually each day. Talked to my Dr. Nut and Trainer and its all good. With my body type and size I'm still loosing 1.5 lbs per day average. I know I have to be mindful of the types of food I'm taking in. But a handful of almonds is like 300 cal... Which is now a staple snack of mine. My Protein Shake is also around 350 cal, 50g protein... So its not hard to get up there.
It all needs to be taken into consideration. Right now I could eat 4000 cal and still loose weight...(according to my trainer)... Thankfully I could never do that, but I'm not too worried about minimizing calories, more the type of calories I'm eating... which I think is the ultimate goal, no?
I am however finding the head cravings hitting hard these days. Almost caved again last night after a long day of work... Funny how the dumb habits fight so hard to stay alive now that they are in survival mode...

Thank you for the insight! You are so right!

22 hours ago, I can do this too! said:

I just had my surgery last Monday, so I am not as far along as you, but I wonder where you get your recipe ideas from. Right now it all sounds so good to me!

Pinterest has great vsg recipe ideas... Eggface posts awesome ones!

7 hours ago, Mersh said:

@dreamingsmall For me, I'm a 6'3 man with lots of muscle mass. I'm hitting 1000cal at 7 weeks out usually each day. Talked to my Dr. Nut and Trainer and its all good. With my body type and size I'm still loosing 1.5 lbs per day average. I know I have to be mindful of the types of food I'm taking in. But a handful of almonds is like 300 cal... Which is now a staple snack of mine. My Protein Shake is also around 350 cal, 50g protein... So its not hard to get up there.

There is a different between a woman at 4 weeks hitting 1000 and a man further along hitting 1000 though.. She also said she was not losing so that amount I was thinking may not be suitable, but said if that is what her surgeon advised then great.

I dont think I mentioned anything about you or saying you should minimize calories, i just asked pit a question.

But yes I am fully aware that calories vary depending on the individual /if they work out , size etc, I just Could not fathom 1000 at 4 weeks, for me hence why I wondered what she was having. :) But I fully took into consideration that there are many variables. lol.

And your doing great, alot of us give into cravings every now and again, we are all human! Keep at it

Edited by dreamingsmall

12 hours ago, Pitmom said:

Lol no worries about the shock! I am shocked, too! Since this post, I have looked at the info the surgeon gave me and what I have been doing. Changes have been made including slowing down and chewing more! I am 48 and for years I have eaten so fast and never really enjoyed a bite of food! Working on doing that now! I am highly motivated to hit a milestone right now, too! I started this weight loss journey last November and had my sleeve surgery 7/24. I am currently 6 pounds from the 300 mark and 16 pounds from the 100 pounds lost milestone! So glad I found this support group! Really is helping!

You are doing amazing ;) We all make tweaks along the way, I have to keep reminding myself to eat which I never imagined , I feel really lazy, and dont feel like cooking to just be able to eat a few bites lol but i am going to try to make new things lol

2 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

There is a different between a woman at 4 weeks hitting 1000 and a man hitting 1000 though.. She also said she was not losing so that amount I was thinking may not be suitable, but said if that is what her surgeon advised then great.

But yes I am fully aware that calories vary depending on the individual /if they work out , size etc, I just Could not fathom 1000 at 4 weeks, for me hence why I wondered what she was having. :) But I fully took into consideration that their are many variables. lol.

And your doing great, alot of us give into cravings every now and again, we are all human! Keep at it

I'm 8.5 weeks out and when I hit 1000 it's too much for me. My average now is 700 cal per day over the last month., but that's average because I have 3 1000 calorie days in the mix. For example, today I stayed completely on plan and have yet to have dinner - I've had 427 calories and 51 g of Protein so far today. I'll probably hit my 700 average today and get another 10-20g of protein.

I agree, for 4 weeks out for a woman 1000 seems like a lot if it's the average. I did have a 1000 day at 4 weeks out.

Just now, Missy161 said:

I'm 8.5 weeks out and when I hit 1000 it's too much for me. My average now is 700 cal per day over the last month., but that's average because I have 3 1000 calorie days in the mix. For example, today I stayed completely on plan and have yet to have dinner - I've had 427 calories and 51 g of Protein so far today. I'll probably hit my 700 average today and get another 10-20g of Protein.

I agree, for 4 weeks out for a woman 1000 seems like a lot if it's the average. I did have a 1000 day at 4 weeks out.

That makes sense, sometimes our bodies need more. I was more curious of if this was the plan from her surgeon what he would have her on at say 3 months post? I was just curious lol I know all plans seem to vary considerably :) At 4 weeks puree food was so gross to me I barely ate anything. I am eating more on normal food than when I was on puree , baby food stage was a no go for me lol What did you eat today? Its very odd that post sleeve I want to know what everyone is eating lol.

I am really fighting head hunger a lot now as well. It's got me scared that I'm not going to succeed to my goal. I'm picking up my activity and Protein this week. I actually got over 60 grams for just the second time yesterday. I've also gotten serious about my Vitamins. I had gotten chewables and hated the taste. I found some mini Multi Vitamins at Natural grocers last week and they are great. No trouble swallowing them. I'm taking one in the morning and one at night.

I've started getting tired again as well, which is probably because school started last week and I set my alarm for 5:30 and I am not a morning person. I was so enjoying all the extra energy.

That makes sense, sometimes our bodies need more. I was more curious of if this was the plan from her surgeon what he would have her on at say 3 months post? I was just curious lol I know all plans seem to vary considerably [emoji4] At 4 weeks puree food was so gross to me I barely ate anything. I am eating more on normal food than when I was on puree , baby food stage was a no go for me lol What did you eat today? Its very odd that post sleeve I want to know what everyone is eating lol.

Tonight I had 4 oz of steak and about 6 asparagus tips! It blows my mind that I am so full! My biggest battle is slow eating! That has been my battle for years but now it is essential for me to slow down! I had a little lasagna for lunch! Seems crazy at 4 weeks post op! I will be seeing the surgeon soon. Then I will know if I am doing ok or not!

4 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

That makes sense, sometimes our bodies need more. I was more curious of if this was the plan from her surgeon what he would have her on at say 3 months post? I was just curious lol I know all plans seem to vary considerably :) At 4 weeks puree food was so gross to me I barely ate anything. I am eating more on normal food than when I was on puree , baby food stage was a no go for me lol What did you eat today? Its very odd that post sleeve I want to know what everyone is eating lol.

I had a vanilla pure Protein Shake this morning for Breakfast.

for lunch I had a 2 ounce grilled chicken tender (leftover) that I sliced up with 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella cheese on half a Josephs pita pocket (just discovered these! 30 cal for half a pita and 3.5 g protein!)

I had small gala apple and some rice crackers for Snacks - should not have had the rice crackers - I took a short nap and woke up hungry and they were handy... they were 72 cal, 1 g Protein and 14 g carbs - really shouldn't have eaten them.

Not at all sure what I'll have for dinner. Right now I feel gross from the crackers - may just have a yogurt or some deli turkey and cheese.

5 minutes ago, Pitmom said:

Tonight I had 4 oz of steak and about 6 asparagus tips! It blows my mind that I am so full! My biggest battle is slow eating! That has been my battle for years but now it is essential for me to slow down! I had a little lasagna for lunch! Seems crazy at 4 weeks post op! I will be seeing the surgeon soon. Then I will know if I am doing ok or not!

I was sleeved on 7/22/17. we are surgiversary buddies, sort of

I had a vanilla pure Protein Shake this morning for breakfast.
for lunch I had a 2 ounce grilled chicken tender (leftover) that I sliced up with 1 ounce of shredded mozzarella cheese on half a Josephs pita pocket (just discovered these! 30 cal for half a pita and 3.5 g protein!)
I had small gala apple and some rice crackers for Snacks - should not have had the rice crackers - I took a short nap and woke up hungry and they were handy... they were 72 cal, 1 g Protein and 14 g carbs - really shouldn't have eaten them.
Not at all sure what I'll have for dinner. Right now I feel gross from the crackers - may just have a yogurt or some deli turkey and cheese.

Omg! So healthy! Lol not sure I ate very well today!