Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I got sleeved Friday October 13th at NYP and I live in Brooklyn :-)

How are you feeling I got it done 10-10 same hospital. It hasnt been easy this is the first day I feel with a lil energy.

Sent from my LG-K540 using BariatricPal mobile app

Elizab how are you doing?

Alot of pain but todaay is the first day that I feel like myself. I havent taken any pain killers today.

Elizab how are you doing?

This isn tough to do but I know it will be worth it. I lost 13 pounds already OMG.

Alot of pain but todaay is the first day that I feel like myself. I havent taken any pain killers today.

Any pointers? I’m having surgery Tuesday with Merola.

How are you feeling I got it done 10-10 same hospital. It hasnt been easy this is the first day I feel with a lil energy.

Thanks fo asking. I actually feel really well. My experience I heard was not typical. I haven’t thrown up at all. From the procedure or anesthesia. I insisted on getting up and waking to the bathroom a couple hours post op. I couldn’t really sleep after being brought up to my room so I did a couple laps around my hospital floor around midnight, and then again at 4am. The nurses kept laughing at me like why are you up? But I was so restless and to be honestly deathly afraid of blood clots so I would rather be moving around. I was discharged 1pm the next day. Today I’ve been resting a lot and trying different methods to get rid of some of this gas. I took a shower and removed my bandages as instructed and that went fine. I just have noticed I have no energy. I took a 3 hour nap after just taking a shower. Lol Who was your doctor?

Thanks fo asking. I actually feel really well. My experience I heard was not typical. I haven’t thrown up at all. From the procedure or anesthesia. I insisted on getting up and waking to the bathroom a couple hours post op. I couldn’t really sleep after being brought up to my room so I did a couple laps around my hospital floor around midnight, and then again at 4am. The nurses kept laughing at me like why are you up? But I was so restless and to be honestly deathly afraid of blood clots so I would rather be moving around. I was discharged 1pm the next day. Today I’ve been resting a lot and trying different methods to get rid of some of this gas. I took a shower and removed my bandages as instructed and that went fine. I just have noticed I have no energy. I took a 3 hour nap after just taking a shower. Lol Who was your doctor?

Merola did my surgery. i got up once I woke up from the Anesthesia girl. I was not about to get my behind under a bed pan. Kept going to the bathroom during the night too. I had this sufficating feeling the firstb night and even in the lobby going home i would gag and spit up so bad. The worst experience that was for me. I wouldnt have taken my surgicle tape off because thats holding together the skin and stitches. Some have fallen off only the top layer. Be careful they dont bleed or get infected.
On Wends I have my first post op visit with Dr Merola. Cant wait.

Merola did my surgery. i got up once I woke up from the Anesthesia girl. I was not about to get my behind under a bed pan. Kept going to the bathroom during the night too. I had this sufficating feeling the firstb night and even in the lobby going home i would gag and spit up so bad. The worst experience that was for me. I wouldnt have taken my surgicle tape off because thats holding together the skin and stitches. Some have fallen off only the top layer. Be careful they dont bleed or get infected.

My surgeon was Dr. Pomp. I was at NYP Weill Cornell Ues. So I’m not sure if we were in the same hospital. They used a type of skin glue on me and told me to take the bandages off day 2. I’ll definitely keep an eye on them. They look good now though. Lol about the bed pan. I was NOT here for it. I was like nope! I’ll get up! [emoji23] Right now I’m just suffering from this gas and the fact that NOBODY TOLD ME MY PERIOD WOULD COME ON! [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849] I feel like that’s an important thing I should have been told. It came on moments after I woke up from surgery.

My surgeon was Dr. Pomp. I was at NYP Weill Cornell Ues. So I’m not sure if we were in the same hospital. They used a type of skin glue on me and told me to take the bandages off day 2. I’ll definitely keep an eye on them. They look good now though. Lol about the bed pan. I was NOT here for it. I was like nope! I’ll get up! [emoji23] Right now I’m just suffering from this gas and the fact that NOBODY TOLD ME MY PERIOD WOULD COME ON! [emoji849][emoji849][emoji849][emoji849] I feel like that’s an important thing I should have been told. It came on moments after I woke up from surgery.

Oh no thats terrible your period. Mine is suppose to come any day now but I have heard that with the surgery and food intake it just readjusts and it takes a couple of months.
No my surgery was done in Queens you were in the city right?

Oh no thats terrible your period. Mine is suppose to come any day now but I have heard that with the surgery and food intake it just readjusts and it takes a couple of months.
No my surgery was done in Queens you were in the city right?

Yes I was in the city on E68th Street. I wasn’t expecting it because I have PCOS so I’m irregular anyway. So it was such a shock, a good one though. I haven’t had a cycle in maybe 4 months. Any tips on sipping more slowly? I get a terrible air bubble every timeI try to get something down. No matter how slow I go.

Yes I was in the city on E68th Street. I wasn’t expecting it because I have PCOS so I’m irregular anyway. So it was such a shock, a good one though. I haven’t had a cycle in maybe 4 months. Any tips on sipping more slowly? I get a terrible air bubble every timeI try to get something down. No matter how slow I go.

Wao PCOS is tough to live with i understand.
About sipping on liquids girl let me tell youbI get terrible gas when swallowing. What I have found to help me is this Tervis Cup the lid has a opening it doesnt let you take more than a sip so that has helped alot. Have you had popsicles i had them for the first time yesterday and am in love. Of coarse they are sugar free but you can get ur fluids in like that too. [emoji3]

Wao PCOS is tough to live with i understand.
About sipping on liquids girl let me tell youbI get terrible gas when swallowing. What I have found to help me is this Tervis Cup the lid has a opening it doesnt let you take more than a sip so that has helped alot. Have you had popsicles i had them for the first time yesterday and am in love. Of coarse they are sugar free but you can get ur fluids in like that too. [emoji3]

Oooooo popsicles! Good idea! Will try tomorrow! I’ll ask the hubby to pick up some! And I’ll look up the Tervis Cup

Congrats to everyone who had their surgery!!! Aww Can't wait to be where you guys are at!!!

Congrats to everyone who had their surgery!!! Aww Can't wait to be where you guys are at!!!

It took me a little under a year to do this and it should have been much quicker (insurance changes in the middle meant I had to start over [emoji849]) but it’s worth it.

11 hours ago, Elizab said:

How long was your surgery? I'm so emotional and anxious right now. I'm waiting for the hospital to call me with what time I have to be there tomorrow. They didn't give you any anti nausea medication?