Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia

I have had chronic fatigue for 30 years (and diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 12 years ago) and am scheduled for vsg on 8/7. Would love to hear others' experiences around these issues and vsg. How was your recovery? How do you feel now? Improvement? Worsening? Thanks for your input!

I've had Fibro for about10 years. I'm 6 months post Sleeve and for the most part I feel better. Not near as many flares, though they do still happen.

It's easier to move and that helps a lot.

I've had Fibro for about10 years. I'm 6 months post Sleeve and for the most part I feel better. Not near as many flares, though they do still happen.

It's easier to move and that helps a lot.

Thanks so much for responding! How did your recovery go?

I have chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, RA, and osteoarthritis, plus a few other little things like a Vitamin D deficiency and Hypersomnia. I'm 2 months post-op. Some days I feel great, some days I don't. My symptoms really revolve around the weather. (We had tornadoes yesterday so I felt that coming for a few days) anyway, the hardest is all the medication i was on. Trying to figure out what I can and cannot take anymore. I'm currently at my doctors office right now to talk about something other than NSAIDS. I'm tired but I do have more energy if that makes any sense at all. I don't mind getting up to do things but I am exhausted. I'm still not back up to my full doses I had pre-op and I miss it. But I had the surgery in hopes of getting a little better and eventually being able to back off some of these pills. I seem to be happier and I think it's just because it's getting easier to move this big old body around.

HW 354
Band 334
Sleeve revision 308
Current weight 270
Age 40

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks so much for responding! How did your recovery go?

Well the first 48 hours I did nothing but vomit pretty much. Not everyone does, but I was one of the unlucky ones lol.

I was sore for a few months but really didn't have much of a problem with recovery. But I've also had a few surgeries so I kinda knew what to expect.

A few days after surgery I got hit with bronchitis so I'm probably not a good one to ask about recovery. I didn't need any pain killers after leaving the hospital. The surgery part wasn't too bad and recovery went well, except for the bronchitis.

Thanks for the thread. I have Fibro and CF with a possibility of RA so am a little concerned regarding the surgery.

Don't worry about it. It's all for better health in the long run. Sure, I still have flare ups and am zapped of energy a lot of times. But I'm motivated and I haven't felt that in years!

I am now a couple of weeks post op and my recovery has been going really well. I'm having my usual chronic pain, but my energy levels are remarkably good.

I'm in the midst of trying to find a diagnosis from a rheumatologist. Can anyone give me some examples of what you go through on a normal day? I've been living with chronic back pain for years now but it's seems to have evolved/evolving. Everything seems to have some level of pain or tenderness. Its a whole list of things but my doctors are now looking into fibro, RA, or other auto immune. Its really frustrating because I've been told for so long to just lose some weight and ill feel better and it'll help the pain, but I'm less than 20lbs from a normal weight range for my height and I'm still in just as much plain as when i was 250 plus pounds. I know i should exercise but when your back burns when you wash dishes, and your hips and knees scream when taking the stairs, its hard to get excited about working out. I know this is a long post. I just feel so alone sometimes about all this.

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app