Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I personally didn't eat any kind of bread until I was 80% to my goal weight. I wanted to eat as much Protein as I could, and bread products just took up too much precious real estate in my sleeve. I stuck to protein and a bite or two of veggie for close to a year. Now when I indulge occasionally, it's the nuttiest whole grain bread I can find to get the most nutritional bang for my buck. I stay away from white bread and tortillas altogether.

Edited by Greensleevie

I had a bit wrapped in lettuce instead of bread pre op and it was so good. I've thought a bit trying it but I'm scared it'll hurt, I haven't tried lettuce yet, it'll probably feel better than meat though I'm thinking. I'm 7 weeks. Although, I had a Protein Bar with 20 gm Protein for lunch today and it was filling but satisfying. Although like 280 calories so it would need to be a meal not a snack. But it laid nicely.

Generally, even at 11 months out, I do lettuce wraps. Damascus makes a high Protein low carb wrap, but it is very dry and requires use of mayo or mustard or hummus or something. Sometimes after a major work out (I fence for 2 hours twice a week which is good for 1200 calories burned) I'll have half a bagel, toasted with some kind of protein on it. But that is only on days where I have exercised more calories out than I consume in a day. I still stick with 1,000 or 1200 calories consumed on those days and no more.

I try to keep the bread low but when I do, I try to use Ezekiel bread. Whole Foods has it in the freezer section. Sometimes I can find it in other supermarkets but it depends.

I've become a fan of lettuce wraps, I'm close to my goal so I've added a bit more into my diet. If I eat bread, I'll have it once or twice a month. The rounds that you're speaking of, take a look at the carbs, I believe per one round, you're taking in over 20 grams of carbs.

I was around one year, I just didn't have the room before to eat anything extra and meet my Protein goals. I also really suggest not adding in extra things and just focusing on protein. It makes it easier later on to keep them as occasional things instead of diet staples.

Flat Out

https://www.flatoutbread.com/products/flatout-wraps/flatout-light/light-italian-herb/

I use those for flat bread pizza. The protein Up versions just don't taste as good.

Tumaros

http://www.tumaros.com/content/tumaros-products?cid=77

I have only seen these in stores on the East Coast, I stock up, freeze them and bring them home.

I also only eat 1/3 or 1/4 of those at a time, with lunch meat, so they last me a very long time.

Joseph's Bakery

https://www.josephsbakery.com/shop/specialty/high-fiber-plus-pita-bread.html

I have had those all of twice with gyros. They are good but I can honestly just eat gyro meat with nothing else. Unless I make it myself gyro meat already has carbs, no need to add more.

Cheap and readily available in any store.

http://www.healthylifebread.com/

No really low carb, but sort of. The bread mainly just isn't dense and the slices are small. They whip more air into it to make it less dense which lowers the carbs. Not worth it in my opinion, but if you are desperate...

Mama Lupe's tortillas

https://www.tortillaking.com/mamaLupes.php

They are at the regular grocery store for me.

Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns

http://www.shop.greatlowcarb.com/main.sc

These are good but they are a waste of money for me. I pull off and throw away almost all the bread it doesn't really make sense to have them. I have bought them twice for cookouts. I don't have the room for that kind of bread and honestly I like eating my burgers bunless in a bowl better at this point.

You can always make cloud bread. I am too lazy and not invested enough in eating bread or making sandwiches to make cloud bread. google a recipe.

Bread is useless wasted calories imo. I go months and weeks without any of these above, and most of them I have only had once or twice with the exception of the Flat Out and the Tumaros.

3 minutes ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

bread is useless wasted calories imo.

Right on, I feel you on that one!

I didn't have any bread products until I was 3 years out from my RNY. I got to my goal weight in 6 months but I was to afraid to try any bread. I will have 1 slice of a bread made locally called DAVE's KILLER BREAD. I have 1 slice of it with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese. I buy low carb flour tortillas. But I don't eat it everyday. It has worked for me. My Surgeon and my Nutritioist both told me before my surgery that in time there are no forbidden foods. That we need to eat them in Moderation. Some don't think so but this has worked for me so far. I have maintained my weight for 3 and 1/2 years. Have a great day!!

I love the Mission Carb Balance wraps; I make quesadilla, pizza, sandwiches with them. I also like the whole wheat very thin bread by Pepperidge Farm. For me personally, on my plan, my NUT says I need to be getting starches or grains with every meal.

On 8/8/2017 at 5:55 AM, xoxococojay said:

I just use mission or la tortilla factory low carb tortillas for wraps and quesadillas. I use one and cut it in half.

Someone just mentioned that to me, she said her nutritionist said those are okay. It's so interesting how different our Dr's are, lol.

Someone just mentioned that to me, she said her nutritionist said those are okay. It's so interesting how different our Dr's are, lol.

Also forgot to mention that you can also use cloud bread for sandwiches. Haven't tried that personally yet though.