Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twin Cities area sleevers

Hi everyone,

I'm having gastric sleeve surgery in 3 days here in the Twin Cities. Looking for others in the area that would be available to exchange messages, support each other.

Although my immediate family knows, this is definitely something that I haven't felt ready to share with friends and colleagues, who almost certainly would not understand.

Hi Ahmedito,

I am also from the Twin Cities and recently completed surgery. Feel free to reach out to me. I see your surgery is in a few days! If I do not hear from you before then, best of luck!

Katie

I am in the Twin Cities too. Surgery coming up on the 11th. I hope all is going well for both of you!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

@linziyo How are you feeling? My surgery will be at Methodist. Where was your surgery?

@linziyo How are you feeling? My surgery will be at Methodist. Where was your surgery?

I feel really good, thanks for asking! Gas pain is the worst and some stomach spasms when I drink, but its managable. Not hungry at all. I plan on being completely off pain meds tomorrow and I barely had anything today! I havent had any buyers remorse so far!

My surgery was at Abbott Northwestern and I had a phenomenal team, but I think we are lucky to have so many great hospitals in the metro that you will be well taken care of too :)

Glad to hear you are doing well! Yes we do have good choices here!
I had a laperscopic pr procedure several years ago (completely unrelated) and I asked the surgeon if they had figured out how to avoid the pain from the gas... no such luck.

It has been interesting to me to read about all of pre and post op protocols.

Mine seems easier on the front-end ( only 10 days pre-op liquid protien - t hen 1 day clear liquids).

But after, 7 days only Clear Liquids, then two weeks protien, then pureed foods... so a long wait until food can be reintroduced.

Is yours similar?

Glad to hear you are doing well! Yes we do have good choices here!
I had a laperscopic pr procedure several years ago (completely unrelated) and I asked the surgeon if they had figured out how to avoid the pain from the gas... no such luck.

It has been interesting to me to read about all of pre and post op protocols.

Mine seems easier on the front-end ( only 10 days pre-op liquid protien - t hen 1 day clear liquids).

But after, 7 days only clear liquids, then two weeks protien, then pureed foods... so a long wait until food can be reintroduced.

Is yours similar?

I did a 14 full liquid diet, including proteim creamed Soups and pudding. Day before surgery was clear only.

First week post op I am on clear liquid + Protein Shakes as tolerated after day 3
2nd week full liquid
3rd week pureed foods
4th week soft foods
5th week normal diet

Luckily I havent really wanted much so it has been easy so far, but Im getting super sick of broth as my only savory option. I did find some specialty bone broths at the kowalskis deli today in cool flavors like beef pho and chicken curry that Im really excited about haha. Once I get to the purreed stage, I think I will have lots of options... it does seem like forever though!

I am going to keep Kowalski's in mind. Thanks!
I am hopeful that being less hungry post-op will make the deprivation easier!

I was sleeved in February at HCMC and live in the western suburbs.

I was sleeved in February at HCMC and live in the western suburbs.

How has the process been for you the past 6 months?

My surgery got bumped up a day... so it will happen on Thursday (8/10).

Hello everyone! I just got my surgery done out of state but I am from the twin cities! Would love to keep in touch or create a group chat where we can all keep in touch and support each other! Best of luck to those with upcoming surgeries and congrats to those who have completed theirs!

Hi Togunrinde,

Wow you were just sleeved yesterday!

I hope you are feeling good?

I am! The team where I did my surgery has been VERY attentive. The only problem was gas pressure in my chest so I've been walking and doing the necessary breathing exercises. I'll be discharged today and I feel pretty good!

Good for you!
I had laparoscopic surgery for a different issue once before... I remember pain from the gas. Not looking forward that.

Glad to hear that overall you are feeling good!

Wishing for your success to continue!