Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Twin Cities area sleevers

On 8/8/2017 at 11:12 AM, Sassy Sleeve said:

How has the process been for you the past 6 months?

My surgery got bumped up a day... so it will happen on Thursday (8/10).

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I haven't had a lot of problems with my sleeve the last six months. I was very lucky to have little to no complications after surgery. I wasn't in a ton of pain afterwards and had to get creative in my ways of getting out of bed for the first few days, but I am very grateful to have had it done.

Thank you Monalyssa33!

Just finished getting everything ready... now I need to try to sleep. ;-)

My goal is to be like you.

Good luck, everyone!

I'm currently on pureed foods. Spent an extra day in the hospital because I had nausea and vomiting that was constant and wouldn't go away the first day. But now feeling well, except that I'm pretty low energy most of the time and bowel movements are... well ... difficult.

Down nearly 30 pounds, though.

I had my surgery on the 10th - and came home on the 11th.

Overall, it went well. Considering that I just had surgery, I feel pretty good.

I am working on getting my liquids in . My first follow-up appointment is on the 18th - so nothing but Clear Liquids until then.

I have only felt nausea twice, and fortunately it did not go past that feeling. I do have an anti-nausea patch and anti-nausea medication.

I gained a little bit of weight compared with my pre-surgery weight (about 4 pounds), but I understand that is not unusual.

Psychologically, I do sense a bit of shift in how I feel about food. I am curious about how that will evolve in the coming months (and more importantly years).

Hi fellow Twin Cities sleevers , I finally have a surgery date; August 28th. It's really nice to have a network of local people going through similar circumstances.

On 8/13/2017 at 10:04 PM, lssajo said:

Hi fellow Twin Cities sleevers , I finally have a surgery date; August 28th. It's really nice to have a network of local people going through similar circumstances.

Congratulations on your surgery date!! So exciting!

I was just sleeved this past Wednesday 9/20, so far seems to be going alright. The gas pain that settled in my shoulder is gone. Some bad bruising on two incision points.

I’ve been able to keep all the liquid down with only some constricting going on right at entry. This happens regardless if it’s my first drink of a meal or the 10th.

@erd

Glad things seem to be going well!

I have experienced ups and downs along the way. I am still glad I made this decision! The physical recovery from surgery has not been challenging - I wish the same for you!

@kimtree

Sure! If there are things I can answer here, I am happy too. I could also respond more privately if that is more comfortable.

6 hours ago, Sassy Sleeve said:

@erd

Glad things seem to be going well!

I have experienced ups and downs along the way. I am still glad I made this decision! The physical recovery from surgery has not been challenging - I wish the same for you!

SS thanks, I’ve already got an idea for a good cardio workout once I get about 2 months healed, already discussed it with my surgeon and he thinks it’ll be fantastic.

Hi all,

I am in the Twin Cities and have my first appointment at Abbott Northwestern Hospital with Dr. Bradley Linden. Anyone else have there surgery at ANW? Any recommendations? Thanks! Meg

Hi all,
I am in the Twin Cities and have Thanks! Meg

Hi Meg!
I did not have surgery at ANW, but I did want to welcome You! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks so much!! How long ago was your surgery? How are you doing?

thanks,

Meg

On 10/21/2017 at 10:20 PM, MN_Meg770 said:

Thanks so much!! How long ago was your surgery? How are you doing?

thanks,

Meg

Hi Meg,

I had surgery on 8/10 - so about 10.5 weeks out. I am down almost 43 pounds. I had an easy physical recovery. I was in the hospital a little over 24 hours. I wanted to get back to things as soon as possible - so I stopped taking the prescribed pain pills and was driving again a couple of days after surgery. I do have a very flexible job, and I work mostly from home. I started working again a couple of days after surgery.

I have not had issues with any foods as they were reintroduced.

The post-op liquid phases were challenging. I felt hungry during those phases - I did follow my plan (I didn't cheat). Also, during the pureed phase I felt like I could eat more than I should. Then I counted calories, and I realized I was not really eating that much.

Prior to surgery, I did not expect some of the mental changes. My spouse and I really enjoyed trying new restaurants, we liked tasting menus etc... And, that is no longer a reasonable activity given the restriction created by the sleeve. I also really liked trying new recipes and cooking. I do mourn the loss of those things.

I still enjoy eating... but it does not bring pleasure like it did before. It has been more of a mental challenge to deal with that than I expected.

I am glad I had surgery. My physical health is better. I think this was the right decision for me. If I could go back, I would do it again.