Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't follow the herd any more...

That sounds interesting. I love all kinds of wine.

The resident that works for my band doc is seriously into fine wines, fine cigars, and good steaks. Each time I go there I talk him into taking me to the liquor store and I get a mega lesson on wines and what to look for. He's turned me on to some really fun wines.

Last time we had a chat. I told him I want to learn to smoke a cigar like a girl. While he's not in favor of that he does teach me what I want to know. So far the cigars he picks out (Cuban, gahhh! I'm finding I like the cheap stuff) really stink but at least I'm learning something new. Even if it is weird.

I had no idea Cuban cigars are $250 pesos (about $22 USD) each. They stink and they don't taste very nice. I like the apple flavored cigars, they smell better.

Who else would know how to get chocolate in their wine but a banded patient! HA!

Yep, definitely agree with that. I've not had more than two or three sips of beer in my life, which was (and is, for that matter) definitely unusual in the university world. I don't mind a glass of sweet wine (although, not my favorite) or a sweet cocktail, but I don't generally drink. I think a lot of people think I'm either a Mormon or a recovering alcoholic, since I always turn down alcohol.

Once I learned how to disguise the taste of alcohol I was able to enjoy it, but I pretty much stopped drinking a while back.

The resident that works for my band doc is seriously into fine wines, fine cigars, and good steaks. Each time I go there I talk him into taking me to the liquor store and I get a mega lesson on wines and what to look for. He's turned me on to some really fun wines.

Last time we had a chat. I told him I want to learn to smoke a cigar like a girl. While he's not in favor of that he does teach me what I want to know. So far the cigars he picks out (Cuban, gahhh! I'm finding I like the cheap stuff) really stink but at least I'm learning something new. Even if it is weird.

I had no idea Cuban cigars are $250 pesos (about $22 USD) each. They stink and they don't taste very nice. I like the apple flavored cigars, they smell better.

Who else would know how to get chocolate in their wine but a banded patient! HA!

I don't smoke, but I do know that some highly regarded Cuban cigars ae worth a whole lot of money.

To me, it's absurd, but to each his or her own.

Although, some people don't understand that. There was a massive fight a few months ago because some idiots didn't understand that they were adults, and as such, weren't forced to go into a thread they didn't like. THey were trying to get all RnR and Talk Lounge threads removed from the New Posts section.

I am always amused at how many control freaks seem to be banded. :o

Once I learned how to disguise the taste of alcohol I was able to enjoy it, but I pretty much stopped drinking a while back.
I like sweet drinks like pina coladas, where you can't taste the alcohol. One of the major reasons I don't drink is that I hate the way I feel afterwards. I get major hot flashes if I drink any alcohol, and I do mean any. I start sweating, my face turns red, and I honestly feel like I'm about to either puke or faint.

Post them here, instead, and then link to it. You won't be breaking any OH rules, I don't think.

You have to be careful about that, because posting a link to another website that is derogatory to any poster on oh.com is not allowed.

I call that:

"The Sandy Clause".

I like sweet drinks like pina coladas, where you can't taste the alcohol. One of the major reasons I don't drink is that I hate the way I feel afterwards. I get major hot flashes if I drink any alcohol, and I do mean any. I start sweating, my face turns red, and I honestly feel like I'm about to either puke or faint.

Yeesh!

Better to avoid it then.

Back in the day I used to drink double Black Russians with 2 shots of Bailey's, blended with ice.

The Bailey's *helped* to tone down the Black Russians.

One advantage to that drink is it doesn't take many to have an effect.

Come to speak of it, that reminds me of OH, too. People can't just look past the single thread they don't like, they have to complain to the mods that it's "taking up too much space and being posted too often." WTF? It's ONE freakin' thread. Pull up your big girl panties and ignore it.

Well, I did a little research and came up with the Wikipedia entry for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

It sure seemed to fit some folks there.

It all depends. If it has to do with Sandy it's pulled. Can't have truth come out, that would be a horror.

From oh.com's Terms of service:

"You agree that you will not use ObesityHelp.com to post any material which is knowingly false or defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, libelous, invasive of another member's privacy, or is otherwise in violation of any law. URLs to other forums, boards, or websites containing such information will not be allowed to be linked from our site. "

I call this:

"The Sandy Clause"

From oh.com's Terms of service:

"You agree that you will not use ObesityHelp.com to post any material which is knowingly false or defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, libelous, invasive of another member's privacy, or is otherwise in violation of any law. URLs to other forums, boards, or websites containing such information will not be allowed to be linked from our site. "

I call this:

"The Sandy Clause"

So far PMs have been a free for all. (wink wink nudge nudge)

So far PMs have been a free for all. (wink wink nudge nudge)

Are you attempting to incite me to post that PM that Sandy was circulatiing about me?

You probably want me to post the letter that my Doctor wrote to me in response also. :heh:

Are you attempting to incite me to post that PM that Sandy was circulatiing about me?

You probably want me to post the letter that my Doctor wrote to me in response also. :heh:

No, actually I meant that by my warning people about Sandy via PM was an "okay" thing to do.

But I like your idea better.

You have to be careful about that, because posting a link to another website that is derogatory to any poster on oh.com is not allowed.

I call that:

"The Sandy Clause".

But you can have a statement to the effect of "PM me for my website address, it's VERY interesting." You aren't breaking any of the TOS, then.

No, actually I meant that by my warning people about Sandy via PM was an "okay" thing to do.

But I like your idea better.

So do I. Here's the PM that SandyR was sending around on oh.com:

SandyR wrote: Dear, yes, i know Dr Neal very well, and know and work with several of his patients and know several people in the office.

Dr Kuri and I gave fills and fluoros with Dr Neal at his office last year.

Wendell is just not being truthful. Dr Neal does NOT approve of mutliple Protein Drinks a day, and is very worried about Wendell's lack of progress. , Wendell has not been in for more than 9 monhts, has most nothing at all for more than a year, and is just giving terrible advice. Some people have been badly hurt by it.

I know it seems that we are trying to be mean to him, but we know how deceptive he is being., and it is hurting people who try to follow him. He is not doing well at all, and is far from a "healthy, active person." He isn't being serious about his health or weight loss at all, and is at very high risk of many serious problems. he already VERY nearly died from some of them.

The best to you - really.

Sandy r

And here is what Peggy Moore from Dr. Neal's office wrote to me about this:

Dear Wendell,

I do not want you to think we are ignoring this situation. We have been very concerned about this. Sandy Richards has not been to this office to my knowledge and has not ever been employed, volunteer or otherwise in this practice. I can tell you without reservation that Dr. Neal would never speak to anyone about a patient in his practice. Period.

Last year, specifically February 17, 2006, (not 2007), our own band fill nurse did fills for some Dr. Kuri patients, with Dr. Kuri observing. (Dr. Kuri does not have US medical privileges.) At no time was there ever another assistant or nurse in the room. This was done in conjunction with the 2006 Seattle Bandster Bash. Furthermore, since I met Sandy Richards once at the 2005 Seattle Bash, I can personally tell you that she was not even here on February 17, 2006, the date that she is claiming to have helped Dr. Kuri give “fills and fluoro with Dr. Neal at his office last year”.

I will be contacting Sandy Richards directly and attempt to correct this misconception.

Wendell, please know that we strictly follow HIPAA rules and guidelines and have never disclosed patients’ medical histories without their written consent.

Sincerely,

Peggy Moore, CMA (read and approved by Dr. Neal)

Clinic Administrator

Pacific Surgical Weight Loss Center, PLLC

************************************************************+