Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I won't follow the herd any more...

I don't do a bloody thing because Wendell tells me to. Quite frankly, Wendell knows me better than to even suggest telling me what to do. He doesn't even ask me to do things.

Actually, I don't tell ANYONE what to do.

It's enough for me to get me to do what I want!

It has been either outright said or implied that we're Wendell's patsies. We're not. He doesn't ask us or tell us to do anything.

Of course, you do realize that they will NEVER believe that.

I'm a Dr. Gary Korus follower. I choose to take my direction in medical matters from someone who has gone to medical school and has a license.

I agree with WASa. There are alot of folks joining us lately that typically hang out on OH. I don't think that anybody has been attacked here. I think we debate things pretty logically.

Hey, I'm a Dr. William Neal follower!

Nice to see another person who actually follows their licensed doctor's advice! :eek:

One MAJOR difference. Wendell never did anything illegal.

That's correct.

One more thing that I might add, I never, ever advised anyone to ignore their doctor's advice and take mine instead.

Great site - very enjoyable! Any plans for the weekend?

Tonight, I'm making hubby a nice romantic dinner and getting rid of the kids. One is 21 and the other is going to his High School football game.

Tomorrow, playing in a card tournament, just for fun, not anything super serious. We're all bringing nibbles and cocktails. Should be a good time. About 20-25 people.

And about the cliques....

I am a firm believer that the only people that don't see cliques are either 1) completely blind and stupid, or 2) in the clique.

I agree. It's one or the other. Maybe both.

As a completely impartial person on both boards, I would like to add the following. When I originally joined OH, everyone was up in arms saying things such as "we know this new person is Deelightful" and other garbage. My first thought was I'm 32 and they act younger than me. Not knocking anyone's age but that's what I thought. It doesn't take much common sense to know that the board was at war. You've built friendships over years and that's one thing. I was personally mislead by Sandy back in May after my surgery. I was personally contacted by her regarding Wendell. I'm not on either side. Right is right. Now Wendell may have disagreed with you all on different matters and sent pm's that weren't nice. At least it was in private and not on the board for newbies to see. Who cares if he eats candy all day? What idiots did you think were going to follow him against the advice of their nutritionist or surgeon? I am upset because you all never gave us newbies the credit of having common sense.

Just to clarify, I do not eat candy all day. :eek:

I did too, when I was at OH. I took the avatar down over there because I got tired of the picture, and the next day I got accused of being KabukiCoyote (who is WASa here) and Dee. Some of the folks at OH thought that they were the same person, too. Apparently, it's a major sin to not have your picture as your avatar or not tell where you're from. It can't just be that someone was tired of their picture or that they don't want to be exposed to their real-life friends, family, and co-workers. Nope, it HAS to be that they are someone's sockpuppet. So freakin' paranoid, it's crazy. :phanvan

I never did "get" the sock-puppet thing.

I use my real name, and I use one I.D. per board, and it's always the same one.

Like I said, I don't get it.

Wendall, I think we all can agree that it is no one's business what you eat. This band journey is very personal and all we can do is give each other our honest experience and opinions and trust that all SENSIBLE people will follow their doctor's orders.

My nutritionist says if you want a candy bar, have one. A piece of birthday cake? Go ahead. This is a LIFELONG journey not a DIET. She just says to make good choices MOST of the time.

At least she apologized to you. I never got an apology from her. And if you couldn't tell by that statement, yes, I do hold grudges. I may not mention my grudge to someone's face, but I never forget what they did.

You should see the email that LaraNicole sent to me.

oh, wait...

....you did.

Wendall, I think we all can agree that it is no one's business what you eat. This band journey is very personal and all we can do is give each other our honest experience and opinions and trust that all SENSIBLE people will follow their doctor's orders.

Gee, what a CONCEPT!