Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight did you lose after your tummy tuck?

Most of my weight is in my tummy. I can't wait to get rid of it! I've had 4 kids (including a set of twins whose combined weight was almost 14 lbs). I'm setting my goals in my head but I'm not sure how much weight will come off with a Tummy Tuck. Can anyone give me an idea? Thanks!

Band to sleeve revision surgery 1/16/17

HW: 283

CW: 199

GW: 160

I had a panniculectomy (skin removal only, no muscle work) last week after two years post RNY. I had lost 150 lbs. Dr removed 3 1/2 lbs of skin.

I had my Panni 2nyears after my RNY. I Ask my PS how much weight did he think I would lose with the skin removal, This is what he said to me. This is not a Weight lossing surgery at all. I have lost a total of 124#'s. I actually got below my goal weight in 6 months (I weighed 117#'s) I didn't feel good and I didn't look healthy. But I did gain 8#'s back and now I have maintained my 125#'s for 3 and 1/2 years. My PS removed 10 plus #'s of skin. The weight I lost afterwards was Water retention from my surgery. So I guess he was right there. LOL Good Luck

The doc removed about 2 lbs of skin, but I gained a good 20 lbs of swelling. Instead of a size 0-00, I was a 4 for a while. Don't remember how long, but it gradually improved and I'm amazed at the result! I also bruised more than most people, which may have had something to do with the swelling.

there's a website called realself.com that has info about plastic surgery. I'm no where near ready for anything yet. But my surgeon said I'll need a panniculectomy. I've thought about getting a mommy make over after I'm at goal. Although it's also a matter of insurance covering one vs out of pocket for the other. We'll see what the damage is in the end and maybe I'll be comfortable in my new body. I've had 5 children and I'm gong to be a grandma in January. I also worry about whether getting plastic surgery will give my daughters the wrong impression. I still have a 14 &16 yr old at home and don't want them to feel that outer beauty is that important to me that I would need to have surgery to alter my body. However I would love to get rid of the flab and feel good about looking at myself in the mirror and confident. We'll see what time brings.

I think it varies a lot, especially if you have lipo/contouring with the skin removal. I had no Lipo at all and with just the skin removal--arms, Tummy Tuck and breast lift w implants, I "broke even". I had 310cc implants so that added a bit of weight.

Thanks for the note about bruising easier. I had my panni one week ago and have noticed unusual bruising, guess that is it. Looking forward to getting the drains out next week, but they aren't as bad as I thought. While my weight was 125 when I went in for the panni, I came out at 134. However, I am already (one week post panni) at my lowest ever 122#. Don't know if that will go up before it goes back down or not.

After loading 130 lbs. I had LBL. Removed 3 lbs but it was all skin, thankfully I'd lost all the fat. But it felt and looked like 10 lbs came off!!!

Had a Extended Tummy Tuck and the Dr. Removed 5 1/2 pounds of skin ( I didn't even think I had that much to take off) but he did. I am almost 1 month out and I am still not comfortable in jeans so I do not know what my pant size will be, but I will tell you that it looks like I am tiny now compared to before and I feel GREAT. So even if the numbers don't show you what you want the mirror will :)

I will be curious about this as well. The majority of my loose skin is in my gut. I was approved by my insurance today for a panniculectomy with Add-On abdominoplasty as well as the Gynecomastia to take care of the moobs.

Has anyone had the pubic mons lift included in the panniculectomy with both covered by insurance?