Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you have the AP lapband please respond

Hello, I just had my second fill which brings me to 4.5 cc on the new AP lapband. I was wondering how many cc's until you all felt restriction?

I know that everyone is different but I would be interested in knowing!

Please RESPOND !!!!!:eek:

I have a 10ccAP band. I got my second fill today, I am now at 5.8 The nurse said that most people find there sweet spot between 5.8 and 6.8

I have an AP small which was placed in 6/20/07. I have had 3 fills (the 3rd today) and one unfill (too much of a fill). I am currently at 6.7 and I would think once I start eating again I should know if I am close to the "sweet" spot. My Dr. has me do 2 days of liquids and 2 days of soft foods after a fill. I am also waiting to hit that "sweet" spot and get to that "full feeling". I know someone else that has had to be filled 5 times but her Dr. does her fills in much smaller amounts.

According to my Dr I now have 9 in my band. I have done well with the weight lose but Im concerned that even now I have no problems with eating anything. I do get full with just 1/2 cup and have been staying full for a couple of hours but I just want to feel it (the food) slowing going down so that I will know that I have restriction. Im about to run out of fill room. Im glad that Im this close to my goal but I worry about how will I stay there if I dont have good restriction. :rolleyes:

Wow..violeteyes37 you get full after eating a 1/2 cup? I wish I was there...I don't even get full eating more than a cup and I have yet to have that "full feeling" I make myself stop eating somewhere between 1-2 cups...even though I still could eat more and I don't feel full. But I figured even if I eat 2 cups it is still way more less than what I was eating before the band. Heck even if I ate 3 cups it would still be way less. I guess I don't know what that full feeling is and am still waiting to get there.

Wow..violeteyes37 you get full after eating a 1/2 cup? I wish I was there...I don't even get full eating more than a cup and I have yet to have that "full feeling" I make myself stop eating somewhere between 1-2 cups...even though I still could eat more and I don't feel full. But I figured even if I eat 2 cups it is still way more less than what I was eating before the band. Heck even if I ate 3 cups it would still be way less. I guess I don't know what that full feeling is and am still waiting to get there.

I measure my food before I begin to eat, so when Im done Im done. I think I have psyched myself into believing that Im full. :hungry:

I have a AP-L. I think it holds 12cc. I am also waiting for the full feeling. 1st fill was 3.6 cc.

2nd fill 2 weeks later he pulled out 2.6 and refilled with 3.8cc.

3rd fill one week later (this monday) he pulled out 2.8 and filled with 4cc

I still fell like i can eat too much. And where did the Fluid go between fills? PA said is was likely air seaping out of the band, i guess there is some aire in it when it is manufacturerd and the initial placement and fills helps displace it.

I am a little worried. Anyone hear about this?

I have the AP Small band and I have 4.5cc in it after two fills. I think I actually might be a little too tight. My first fill was 3cc and I had almost no restriction with that.

I had my surgery on August 15, 207 as well. I am at 207 lbs. The day of my surgery I was 219lbs. However, I began @ 270lbs at the first of this year and lost weight on my own until my surgery. I have an an 11cc band. I went for my 2nd fill on Tuesday, Oct. 23 and added 2cc for a total of 8cc. It was too tight. I had to go back yesterday, Oct. 24th and have 1cc taken out, so now I am at 7cc and feeling very restricted - probably some angry swelling causing me to feel so restricted. I have felt a big difference from 6cc to 7cc. Keep up the good work.

Christie

I have a 10ccAP band. I got my second fill today, I am now at 5.8 The nurse said that most people find there sweet spot between 5.8 and 6.8

I have the AP small band. My doc said that it holds 14cc and the AP large holds 18cc. I had my first fill today. He put 4cc of Fluid in. I could feel the fluid going in and immediately had a tight feeling in my chest. I had to drink Water in the office and I kept feeling a "gurgling" in my throat. I didn't vomit and had no trouble keeping the water down. Now, everything has relaxed some and I feel better. I was told to drink full liquids for 3 days, pureed foods for 3 days, soft foods for 3 days, then regular lap band diet. I guess I'll know in a few days if I have restriction or not.

I have the APL and it holds 14cc. If you will look at the card your surgeon gives you (the one to present ifyou need to go to the hospital for any surgery) it will say on that card what your maximum capacity for the band is.

I will not have my first fill until 11/26

I have the APL, it holds 14 cc. I was banded on 07-11-07. Just had my fourth fill, for a total of 7.5cc. At 7cc I had a small restriction, after the last 0.5cc, it made a big difference. Since my surgery I have lost 23 lbs (started at 214lbs), my goal is 125lbs. Talked with my doctor about the "slow" weight loss, he said it depends on how big you are to start out with and that I was doing fine. I guess I thought it would come off quicker, but I am thrilled that it just keeps coming off and I don't feel deprived. I have lost 2 full sizes, so that helps with motivation. Hope this helps you.

I have the small AP band and after the fill I got last week I'm now at 7 cc's. It took me six fills to get there and NOW I KNOW I have the proper restriction. I never really had any problems or most of the symptoms I see everyone posting about, and now if I even drink too fast it threatens to come back up and my chest hurts. I can only eat about 1/2 cup of solid foods and I stay full forever. My stomach growling has gone almost completely away, it's amazing. I'd gotten almost to my halfway point and was starting to wonder if I was going to make it to my goal weight and now I know I can. This must be the magic fill!!!

I have the APS which holds 10cc- I have 4.4 cc in there right now- i do have some restriction-but I can eat up to 1 c of food at a time- but will be getting another fill in a month-hopefully will reach my sweet spot in the next couple of fills-

I have a 10 cc band and just had my first fill on 10/24. My doctor suggested we start with 2 cc and then I go back in one month. He said I should feel some retriction after the fill but I don't feel any at all. I am watching my food intake and exercising like crazy which I realize is going to be my way of life from now on but I really am looking forward to that full feeling to help keep me in check. I am really hoping I get to the correct level to help me get through the holidays. This has generally been my worst time of the year for gaining weight.