Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

i'm a fat Christian as well.....:P

i'm a singer and besides food, singing, especially christian music, is my passion. i hope i can let go of my devotion to one and devote myself more fully to the other.

I am new to this site, but so thankful for my lap band, I have lost 130ish pds in three years, work out and feel great, some times my port gets sore not sure why, does anyone else have that problem? Have had three fills, can eat good but watch what I eat and have done it by the book:) Thankful to the Lord for leading me in this, it has changed my life, I am healthy off meds I was on, would do it again in a heart beat!

I am new to this site, but so thankful for my lap band, I have lost 130ish pds in three years, work out and feel great, some times my port gets sore not sure why, does anyone else have that problem? Have had three fills, can eat good but watch what I eat and have done it by the book:) Thankful to the Lord for leading me in this, it has changed my life, I am healthy off meds I was on, would do it again in a heart beat!

Here comes another christian (a southern one at that :lol: ) sliding in to say hi! I am happy I found the link to this one on another post. I am always happy to find anything christian. I am not yet banded, but could still use all the prayers I can get to help me stay on track to lose weight. It's such a horrible cross to bear, but If Jesus can carry the heaviest one ever, I have no right to complain, right? I just need his help so so very much. Also, since I have not been banded yet, I'm still nervous about this for many reasons, but also because I have to wait until my work inurance changes in Sept to see what my options will be for the band. Please pray for me that I will have a good option to pick so I won't have a lot of out of pocket costs, otherwise I won't be able to afford the band. :( Prayers to all of you!

I think we both saw the same post! How great to find somewhere I can type the word PRAYER without having to preface it. Praise be to Our Lord Jesus Christ for my band and all of ya'll. Amen Hallelulia!

Hi...I don't know if anyone is still in this group or on this thread. I was banded in January 2012. I've lost 70lbs so far. I believe that God allowed someone to create this tool in order to help me get healthy.

Would love to talk to any Christian bandsters still out there.

Chrissylu,

I am still here. I am doing fine. Congratulations on your weightloss you are doing great!!

Cheri

Hi, my name is Kim and I am still here, and still believing God in this journey. I am so happy for your weightloss, and know that you feel wonderful. I have lost 60 pounds, and still struggling to lose 30 more, but I know I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me. I was banded in January of 2010.

Hi I am a Christian and am glad to find the Christian banisters, anyone using myfitnesspal so I can friend you. I need some ideas on how everyone is eating. I'm getting bored with my routine.

In Christ

Cindy

Hi, I just started using myfitnesspal yesterday. I have had a long journey (08/2008) with the lapband and would get it again tomorrow but I would certainly do some things differently. I am tutornmom on myfitnesspal as well.

Does it track fats and carbs or just calories?

Hi Everyone! Nice to "meet" you all. I only use myfitnesspal for the weight loss ticker but I've talked to others who absolutely love it for tracking food and exercise. I use the Lapband.com food tracker myself. I also have at least 30 more pounds to lose. We'll see how I feel/look at that point and see if I want to go for another 10 or 20. God bless!

It tracks whatever you want it too. I found it best to sign on my computer and get all the profile information done and then I use myfitnesspal app for my Iphone. I usually track carbs Protein calories and Fiber. I will add you as a pal. Good Luck.