Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Congrats Fish! Your monthly shouldn't be a problem. If you cramp during it, then maybe some extra meds may be needed. And if you get the heparin shot in the belly, that might cause you to bleed a little more than usual. Still to be on safe side, i would mention it to your doc. Some are quite picky! God bless!!

Thanks so much for the prayers ChristyC. I think its a good thing it was a small popsicle and not something bigger LOL. Sounds to me like your dreams are on the right track. I tell you what -you pray for me and I'm praying for you. I hope all i'll dream about is a small popsicle and not a big steak, potatoes, and brownies LOL. (Opps sorry now you'll probably dream about those.) thanks again for the prayers. I'm just sitting and waiting on the doctor to call and tell me if I'm approved or not.

:thumbup:Hey everybody I just got approved for my surgery!!YEA!! I have to meet with the dietician next Thursday and they will set my surgery date. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. Thanks for all the prayers. Now just please pray they can do my surgery with all the scar tissue. Thanks again and PTL!!

You Sure Have Did Great In A Year. It's Been Almost A Year For Me And I Haven't Did Near As Good As You. My Port Flipped Over Had To Have Another Surgery But I Can't Seem To Get Started Again. What Are You Eating? I Seem To Either Throw Up Or Have Pb's Alot. I Don't Know If I'm Not Chewing It Up Enough Or What I Just Have A Hard Time With meat. Got Any Tips. Thanks Sharon

You are too kind :wub: I have struggled a bit with my last fill since February. I have pb'd often (sometimes 2-3 times a day, several days a week). What I came to realize is that after I pb, I need to do liquids the rest of the day to let my tummy rest. I was perpetuating the issue by not resting between episodes. A friend of mine (his wife was banded about a month before me) was checking on me and asking how I'm doing. When I described how it was going he was blunt - I wasn't being healthy and bordering on an eating disorder. That scared me and made me really look at what I'm doing (this is only been in the last month).

I wish I had some pearls of wisdom but I don't - I have honestly let the band do most of the work; I didn't start exercising until after 6 months (again - not in the rules right?) I still eat junk (I know - bad bad me). I have a slim fast for breakfast; sometimes a salad w/ chicken for lunch; dinner is whatever I'm serving the family - I get a little of everything. I have to snack during the day because I honestly can only eat a few bites. If I take my time (like an hour) I can get down a decent portion. I now chew to oblivion. I get tired of eating now. I try to eat while I work so I can chew away and an hour later I'm still eating but I don't get as bored with it. Red meat is the hardest for me. I honestly will spit it out if I can't chew it all the way to nothing. If I'm out in a restaurant I ask for paper napkins so that I can take care of whatever I'm not willing to swallow :w00t:

And - with all of that - don't be so hard on your self. Just look at the weight that you have lost that isn't going to come back!! :tt2:

HUGS and PTL

Gen (wombat)

Fish - your monthly definitely shouldn't be a problem. Mine has always been a curse and showed up at every event in my life. As usual, it was there for my surgery. They give you those lovely mesh panties and a ginormous hospital pad (YUCK) :w00t: It didn't even slow them down at all.

I am so glad that someone mentioned thedailyplate.com on a posting,

What a wonderful tool. Today I am beginning my "full liquid" phase and can finally measure easier. I cannot believe how exciting it was to eat

Cream of Wheat (farina) LOL

That daily plate is great, calculates, records food calories, Proteins, carbs, and reduces totals with specific exercises! PTL!! :(

Wooo Hooo on my way to where the Lord has always planned me to be!!

Edited by ChristyC

Everyone's been asking if I'm nervous. I wasn't...until today, about 3:00. That was just the last time someone asked me if I was, and I was like, "yeah, I think I am now". Just like that. I've only been in the hospital to have babies...no sweat. My DH took me to a late movie to help pass the time, and he even let me pick a "chick-flick". He is so awesome! He's doing great...a little over 3 weeks out now. Well, just wanted to share my jitters. I'm past the no food or drink past midnight, so it's pretty close to time! Thanks for the prayers I know you'll be saying for me! God Bless You All, and goodnight!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Yes - thedailyplate.com is terrific. I have used it for almost a full week and I love, love, love it!! I am always trying to keep a list of items that I eat and a running tally of the cal/carbs/protein. I start the little journal and then soon fall out it........But with this, I can log on, pop in, add my stuff or look up any items that I am thinking of eating and instantly have the info. I also keep track of exercise and any feelings I might want to note. How terrific. I would recommend it to anyone!!

Hello,

I am Elaine and I live in Crieff in Scotland. I have also struggled whether surgery would be right for me given that I am a committed Christian. I have tried so many diets including the Weighdown programme by Gwen Shamblin. I usually do manage to stick to a diet for a period of time but always gain the lost weight back plus more besides. I do not understand why this is so hard for me. My husband works for the teenchallenge organisation so he works with addicts and I have to confess that is what I am. I am addicted to food, the one substance we all need to live. My husband is however supportive of my surgery and I feel that God has led me to a Surgeon in Glasgow a Dr David Galloway who is an evangelical Christian. I meet him for a consultation on the 16th of June and hope he will do the surgery soon afterwards. I have only told a few people in my fellowship as yet but know I will have to tell the folks in my house group. I couldn't keep something so big from them. I think this is a great thread. I want to do so much more for the Lord. My husband has started a great work with the teens here in our town and I would like to take a much bigger part in this but I know that my weight is such a handicap. I feel that I shouldn't have this problem but that is just another stick to beat myself with.

Sorry this is a long rambling thread.

Love to you all,your sister in Christ, Elaine.

God is good all the time......

Edited by elainemcd

I'm praying for you Summer08!!!! HUGS to you :wink2:

Welcome Elaine. This thread has definitely been a blessing to me. It's a safe place to come.

It's been quiet on here for a bit, but I understand how life gets in the way. I know I get "pruning" of my time that God wants me to use in a different way.

Hugs & Prayers for all my fellow Christian Bandsters!

Gen

Hello Elaine!!

Blessings to you! It is obviously a struggle for all of us but thank God he created surgeons and guide their hands!! I love the work of the Teen Challenge organization. We live really close to a fantastic group of guys - they live in The Castle in Riverside California. Sometimes our church group or women's group has functions there - it is very nice and such a blessing to see all the guys work on their problems and turning their lives over to Christ. Hope to hear more from you!!

Well, the day has arrived and here I sit at 12:30 am unable to sleep. I'm not nervous as I know God has this whole thing under condtrol. My surgery is scheduled for 8:30 am.

Please hold me up in prayer today and as soon as I am able I will post to sing the praises of God.

Love and Blessings to each of you,

Susan

I will be getting banded on June 12th and I'm very anxious about it all. I know this is the will of the Lord, I had a relative walk up to me and offer to pay for it all. He had seen a TV show about it, I had already given up on being able to do it, he had no idea I had been researching it. I suffer from Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks, sleep Apnea, Insomnia, I'm Narcoleptic, have High blood pressure, Acid Reflux, and a Thyroid problem. I mention all these because I take meds for all of it and am unsure still as to how I am going to keep taking them all especially during the healing phase. Due to the money issue I am going to Mexico and while they have been great, it's not like I get to meet the Dr. before hand. I put my life in Gods hands but my mind and anxiety have this way of getting in my way.

Hello Montana,

I was truly moved by your statement. All things happen for a reason and truly God allowed your family member to be a blessing on to you. Truly Jesus is a healer of all our problems, diseases, and financial problems he can do it all. I am believing God with you that all will go well for your surgery in Mexico that God will give the doctor's percision in the surgery and accuracy. I pray you will be please with the doctor select for the surgery with no complications. One year from now I pray you will be off all your meds and totally healed from the top of your head to the soles of your feet. I will be praying for speedy recovery after surgery. Relax and believe that God is with you and he has heard your prayers.