Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

4given, that is fantastic news, congratulations!!!!:scared2:

Today, I am thankful for YOU ALL. This thread has been such a blessing to me. Today, I'd like to say thank you for your prayers, well wishes and godly advice. I know that I don't know you personally but, I do know that we are ALL God's children and I believe giving people their flowers while they live. So with that being said---I do love each one of you and may God always keep you in his care and wrap you in his loving arms.

Stay focus and be blessed!!!!!!

Hey Everyone, I have a really good praise report! I had bought a new dress right after my surgery that I had hoped to get into by Christmas. It was pretty tight, especially around the stomach area. Well, Christmas came and went, but was not able to get into the dress. Well, I'm wearing it today, and it is actually loose around the stomach! Glad to be seeing some results here!

Good afternoon all,

I am so happy for you candy, I have a dress in my closet that I am waiting to fit in.

I am thankful today for my DH's health. I took him this morning for test and the doctor said everything looked good. Praises to God for the knowledge and wisdom he give man.

Stay focus and be blessed.

woohoo candy and 2bemeagain!!!

Things are crazy for me at work and I'm starting back to school at night tomorrow. My co-worker got fired for an outburst he had and he kicked a whole in the wall. I had all of his work transferred to me on top of mine - which I was supposed to be sending all of mine to him so that I could work on another project for 6 months.

Just crazy!! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but I know God is in control and that He will not give me more than I can handle.

hugs & prayers,

wombat

All the wisdom God has given these wonderful doctors to be able to provide such a wonderful tool to the many of us that have struggled and continue to struggle with our weight.

I have a question for someone...anyone who can answer...

I am having trouble eating since my last fill...and to think it was only my second fill ( I am at approx. 5.5 cc in a 10 cc band)

I am getting the calories in (mostly at night) but not the amount of Protein needed. When I look back in my food logs I am only taking in anywhere between 25 - 40 grams protein a day. It has been extremely hard especially since I seem to not be able to eat anything thicker than yogurt until sometime after 5 pm in the evening. Thank goodness I am up really really late since I work Swing Shift and don't go to bed each day until around 3am- 4am; but being up around 10 in the morning and not being able to eat much of anything until around 5pm-7pm is hard. I have tried everything I can think of... even most Protein Shakes are too much in the mornings.

Any suggestions???

I have my first apt in AM. Been wondering alot.

Welcome, Roxy. There are lots of folks here willing to answer your questions. Feel free to ask away! Also try the 50+ thread:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f120/hey-50-over-gang-we-have-new-spot-48751-new/

smilinapple - you do sound a little tight.

I can't eat Breakfast much either. If I try to eat something it takes an hour for me to get down soggy Cereal. I mostly drink muscle milk lite or slim fast for Breakfast and yes I have to drink them slowly.

You might want to start you morning with a cup of coffee or hot tea to soften things up a bit. That might make it a little easier for you :cursing:

I can eat lunch mostly ok but I'm pretty good with dinner like you. I just really have to remember that I have issues and pause between bites to get a "feel" for how things are going.

Good luck!! {{hugs}}

wombat

I am thankful today for my job. Sometimes it gets rough, but God gave me the job, so with his help I will endure this task.

Wombat, hang on in there, God is more than able to get you through this. You will shine and get the job done. Wombat, CAN do ALL things through Christ which strenghtens HER.

Smilin_Apple, I agree with Wombat about maybe drinking something warm, then try a Protein shake or high Protein slimfast. I am beginning to feel a bit more restriction in the mornings, so I drink coffee, then when I get to work I try to take very small bites and it takes me almost a hr just to eat one boiled egg. I also buy the muscle milk lite at GNC, I always keep something (drink) on hand that's high in Protein just in case I'm too tight at a certain time of the day. Hope that you can get something down. Are you able to get enough Water? Be careful.

Stay focus and be blessed everyone.

Hi, this is my very first time posting and I'm so excited to have found a christian thread to post on. I have been visiting lapband talk since July 2007. This site helped me to make the decision to have the lapband surgery, and has given me a lot of valuable information. I am having some challenges today with making the right food choices, but I know God will give me the stregnth to get back on the right track.

Hi, this is my very first time posting and I'm so excited to have found a christian thread to post on. I have been visiting lapband talk since July 2007. This site helped me to make the decision to have the lapband surgery, and has given me a lot of valuable information. I am having some challenges today with making the right food choices, but I know God will give me the stregnth to get back on the right track.

23_3_36.gif

WELCOME!!

So have you already had your surgery?? Tell us some more about yourself. Glad to have you here. Why did you stay quiet for so long???

I had my surgery on Nov 1st. I lost 20lbs pre-op and struggle between 15 and 20lbs since then. I read all of the time but never wrote. I am having some trouble moving forward and I think you guys are the best and just wanted to make the step to join in with such a successful group. I have a friend here at work that is on this journey with me. We had our surgery the same day. It makes it a lot easier to have someone who understands around everyday. I'm not loosing as fast as I'd like or think that I should but it's my own fault. I make poor food choices and have not started excersing yet. I working toward getting back on the band wagon. I will start curves on March 3rd and working hard on making better choices. I think I'm frustrated within my soul and have resorted back to old mindsets and habits. But I will not give up. I have had 4 fills and just starting to feel some restriction.

Welcome Patti cake, and 2bemeagain, glad everything is well with your husband. Wombat -- just hang in there baby, you will do fine. Just be glad you weren't the one let go. Better to have too much work than NONE. Smilin apple, not sure if you can handle this, but tuna has a good bit of Protein too. Sometimes i have tuna with a spoon of Mayonnaise. but, if you can't drink a Protein shake, you might not be able to handle the tuna either. I just have to work in whatever I'm eating really really slow. I can sure tell a difference since my last fill. I go back in on the 28th, but I'm wondering if I even need another fill.

I also tried some bacon one morning that went down really well. I guess since it was crunchy it didn't ball up and get hung in my throat.

I can truly understand where you are coming from. We just have to repent and move on. I took a vacation this week from exercising, but I will start again next week. I made awful food choices yesterday, but today is a new day, so I purposed in my mind to do better and so far I have. We CAN and WILL do this. We are here for you and I know that you are here for us. Sometimes I go to different threads on here and I find that I began to beat myself up cause I'm not losing like others, so I am weenning myself off from being on here so much and trying to concentrate on me. We are all individuals and although we are on the same course, it's just that some are lil faster than others, but as long as we make it to the finish line, we are still winners.

Stay focus and be blessed