Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any August 2017 Sleevers?

Tomorrow, I am taking a test on the patient education binder and if I fail, this whole journey gets delayed several more months. If I pass, I'll be one step closer to my surgery.

I'm getting mine tomorrow. I'm so nervous.

Let us know how it goes. Good Luck.

I am so frustrated I am doing what I am supposed to do. Was sleeved 8 days ago and have only lost 2 pounds.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BariatricPal mobile app

Keep in mind that they pump in a lot of IV Fluid during surgery and you may be restraining Water from all the trauma and the meds. Your goal right now should be healing and sticking to the program. Worry about the scale later.

So, today's wrap up:

1. I did my pre-op appointment today and I didn't know I was going to be weighed today. I was a bit worried because per my home scale, my weight spiked roughly 1,1 kg from yesterday and was up 0,8 kg from the day I had my consult with the surgeon. Miraculously, I had lost 3 pounds since then which does make me wonder about the accuracy of my scale. (It's a Withings Smart Body Analyzer, in case anyone was curious.)
  2. I took my test based on my understanding of the binder handed to me at my surgery consult. I got a 100%. As much as I'd like to claim it's because I'm awesome, I believe it was more because the test was written for people who aren't.
  3. I went to my pre-admit appointment and had a hard time giving a blood sample. After two pokes, we got the vials they needed to run the necessary blood tests.
  4. I'm having surgery at the crack of dawn. I have to get to the hospital at roughly 5:30 am and I'll be on the table at 7 or 7:30 am on the 29th!
  5. I got my incentive spirometer today. It's my new fidget toy.
  6. I set up my Living Will, directives and all other stuff. Basically, I'm not going to be Terri Schiavo'd.

Edited by Véronique

Keep in mind that they pump in a lot of IV Fluid during surgery and you may be restraining Water from all the trauma and the meds. Your goal right now should be healing and sticking to the program. Worry about the scale later.

Dear Pumpandready
When I first got home & weighed myself & i was 6 lbs heavier than when I went in!
I almost felt down & frustrated till I remembered that I was full of gas, water, & anathesia. I continued to drink my fluilds & fortunately I was able to drink more fluids than expected which helped me to pee & bulch! That was a great relief! But then I started taking Milk of Magnesa ,as directed on the bottle, that helped a lot with getting1503621514396.jpeg rid of the gas in the form of BMs! By day 7 I weighed myself & I had lost 13 lbs.
So hang in there! Be patient cause everybodies body is different! Yours will come & you'll feel so proud of yourself![emoji38]

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my sleeve surgery on 17 August, 3 days before my 48th birthday! Happy birthday to me!!!⚘

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't know yet about August but I'm shooting for last week but I didn't start pre surgery diet till just a week ago.. after my first visit with Dr and consultation place I started eating anything and everything because I was like hey I'm getting surgery it will come off then . Little did I know that I was putting in all this weight and I have bone on bone in knees and can't hardly walk and now I can't stand the paid just from putting on another 15 lbs it made it impossible to walk I'm in excruciating pain [emoji22][emoji22] I cannot believe I did that I never spent enough time at first reading the package since I had already made my mind up I was doing it . Omg so I finally went back to Dr and he's like you put on 20 lbs since last month and he said u need to take off at least 10 then I will do surgery so I'm doing that now but I'm really being good so I hope in end of August I will get it done I would love to talk more sorry for such a long responce . Ya know I kept saying well I'm never going to be able to eat this again so I would eat it . Like tirimisu eggs Benny . pancakes waffles chocolate custard from Culver's omg I was a pig Culver's is bad but I'm taking it off I'm only 5,5 and I'm 280 I was 250 when I started to plan this o e year before that I was 198 my mom died and I went off pain meds and packed on the weight now they won't touch me for knee replacement till I get my bmi down and I tried but I ha e no hormones no testosterone so no metabolism so I'm getting sleeve so I can do my knees thanks for letting me vent uggg god bless from Marcy

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

7 minutes ago, Big mgeezy (Marcy) said:

I don't know yet about August but I'm shooting for last week but I didn't start pre surgery diet till just a week ago.. after my first visit with Dr and consultation place I started eating anything and everything because I was like hey I'm getting surgery it will come off then . Little did I know that I was putting in all this weight and I have bone on bone in knees and can't hardly walk and now I can't stand the paid just from putting on another 15 lbs it made it impossible to walk I'm in excruciating pain emoji22.pngemoji22.png I cannot believe I did that I never spent enough time at first reading the package since I had already made my mind up I was doing it . Omg so I finally went back to Dr and he's like you put on 20 lbs since last month and he said u need to take off at least 10 then I will do surgery so I'm doing that now but I'm really being good so I hope in end of August I will get it done I would love to talk more sorry for such a long responce . Ya know I kept saying well I'm never going to be able to eat this again so I would eat it . Like tirimisu eggs Benny . pancakes waffles chocolate custard from Culver's omg I was a pig Culver's is bad but I'm taking it off I'm only 5,5 and I'm 280 I was 250 when I started to plan this o e year before that I was 198 my mom died and I went off pain meds and packed on the weight now they won't touch me for knee replacement till I get my bmi down and I tried but I ha e no hormones no testosterone so no metabolism so I'm getting sleeve so I can do my knees thanks for letting me vent uggg god bless from Marcy

... Out of curiosity, how did you not read the package? I've been reading my surgeon's guidelines since I learned they were available on the UCHealth website in PDF format. I even attended a patient education seminar where I got a detailed power point presentation about what their practice expects of me and I KNEW that if I gained in the time between my surgical consult and my surgery (or rather, my pre-op appointment), I could be disqualified for surgery.

I know there are multiple means by which my surgery could still be spiked, even this far into the process. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday, my psych and medical clearances are done, my dietary clearance is done, I took six months' worth of medical weight loss classes. And I know that there are still things that could go wrong even at this junction... which is why I'm holding any optimism until after I wake up post-op.

Big mgezzy.. I need a new hip so I just got the sleeve on 8/21... I bones really bothered me before I started my two wk pre op diet .. I also had to go off my Advil which didn't help the bones .. my bones are better now and I lost 31 lbs just on the pre op diet .. when your bones hurt and not as active 20 lbs is easy to go on .. hard to get off .. just take a day at a time

2 hours ago, pinkcaddywant2b said:

Big mgezzy.. I need a new hip so I just got the sleeve on 8/21... I bones really bothered me before I started my two wk pre op diet .. I also had to go off my Advil which didn't help the bones .. my bones are better now and I lost 31 lbs just on the pre op diet .. when your bones hurt and not as active 20 lbs is easy to go on .. hard to get off .. just take a day at a time

I hear you can have Tylenol instead because unlike Advil and most OTC pain relief medications, it's not a NSAID. The reason why NSAIDs are bad for people having bariatric surgery is that NSAIDs can cause ulcers and with bariatric surgery, we have to be extra mindful of this.

Though, you should always double check with your surgeon's practice. Better safe than sorry!

Edited by Véronique

I was reading it I just got out of hand with cheating but I'm on the prep diet now 5 days and lost 6lbs and just got my last clearance from pulminory Dr I'm actually pretty healthy except my obesity but I have 2 weeks to lose the rest I can do it but I'm all cleared to have surgery as long as I can take 10 more lbs off he said he would do it I just started with this process beginning of July 2017 so I'm ready now I can't wait to walk again ugh lol thank u tho for listening and do u know if we can wear a nicotine patch? ?
Thanks Marcy

Had my VSG on August 16. Struggling through two more weeks of liquids. Finding it very difficult to drink enough - I always feel full! And Protein Shakes make me sick so I'm having to get creative. I know it will get better, though!

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app