Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Back to basics and really doing it!

I am so thankful for this thread! I have re-gained at least a dozen times in my life 40-60-100 lbs. So I'm determined to not let it happen again. However... dum-dum-dum ... the scale hasn't gone down in two weeks and did go up... only one pound, which I know can be Water or anything, but I ALSO know that I've started to feel comfortable, and when I feel comfortable, I grab a little piece of chocolate at a party or have an extra glass of wine. So I needed encouragement.... and I found this thread. It's crazy how encouraging it's been reading all of your posts! I was ready to break down and have a snack, but just reading what you guys have been posting for the past couple of weeks has motivated me. I need to lose AT LEAST 15 more pounds.... I have to stay serious and not snack and cheat.
I always weigh Saturday, but I like what you guys have said about Monday's keeping you straight over the weekend. So I'm going to start weighing on Mondays as well!

Welcome to the losing and staying positive family. XOXO

LizO

So glad I am looking at this tonight. Exactly what I need. I am 10 months out tomorrow and the last 3 months I've been bad. Drinking
beer. Eating ice cream and candy.
Not everyday. A good week then two bad weeks etc. I will get on the scale in the morning and start from there. I actual think it's only been a few pounds of gain. But I should still be losing. I started at 211. August 15. I was down to 152 two weeks ago. I will restart the plan tomorrow. I have to do low carb and drink the shakes. It's a slippery slope for me with crackers and sweets. I'd prefer to eat rice than meat. Then I'm full of non nutritional food and feel sick.
Thanks to the original poster. Does anyone use my fitness pal? We could also keep track of each other there too?

So glad I am looking at this tonight. Exactly what I need. I am 10 months out tomorrow and the last 3 months I've been bad. Drinking
Not everyday. A good week then two bad weeks etc. I will get on the scale in the morning and start from there. I actual think it's only been a few pounds of gain. But I should still be losing. I started at 211. August 15. I was down to 152 two weeks ago. I will restart the plan tomorrow. I have to do low carb and drink the shakes. It's a slippery slope for me with crackers and sweets. I'd prefer to eat rice than meat. Then I'm full of non nutritional food and feel sick.
Thanks to the original poster. Does anyone use my fitness pal? We could also keep track of each other there too?

Tomorrow may not come. Start today by not doing something you usually do. We usually have a habit of starting something tomorrow. We are now weighing in on Mondays. You have a feeling of were you are in weight. Make some changes today and take a picture of your weigh-in on Monday; you might be surprised.

Carbs are hard to cut out of a diet. If you cannot do 25 grams a day, start with 50 - 100 and work your way down. That worked for me. I consume an average of 35. There are some days I get in the twenties, but I am doing much better than I was.

I use Carb Manager app, because I do focus on my Carbs and Protein. Use the app that helps you accomplish your goals.

Good luck to you.

LizO

Welcome Jenny, so happy to have you on this thread! We all can and will get this weight off and will be here to support each other along the way.

May God bless you and keep you[emoji173]️

-Mariela

IMG_0768.JPG

I've ran from pain my whole life but in the midst of running from it, I ran head first into it. We must learn to deal with hard things and not seek to run away from them. Exercise is hard but the consequences of not exercising are harder. Eating right is hard, but consequences of not eating right are harder. Let's face the hard things and conquer them because the more we put them off, the harder the battle will be in the end. Love you all and keep pushing! We got this.

-Mariela

I don't go on this site much. anyone interested in a WhatsApp group? I'll put my number out there if anyone interested in just keeping each other motivated etc 781-820-5803

Jen

I am on MyFitnessPal Mguman

13 hours ago, jennyqp said:

beer. Eating ice cream and candy.< br /> Not everyday. A good week then two bad weeks etc. I will get on the scale in the morning and start from there. I actual think it's only been a few pounds of gain. But I should still be losing. I started at 211. August 15. I was down to 152 two weeks ago. I will restart the plan tomorrow. I have to do low carb and drink the shakes. It's a slippery slope for me with crackers and sweets. I'd prefer to eat rice than meat. Then I'm full of non nutritional food and feel sick.

I use MyFitnessPal. What's your handle?

Edited by Bears_Chick

2 hours ago, chiquitabananaz14 said:

IMG_0768.JPG

I've ran from pain my whole life but in the midst of running from it, I ran head first into it. We must learn to deal with hard things and not seek to run away from them. Exercise is hard but the consequences of not exercising are harder. Eating right is hard, but consequences of not eating right are harder. Let's face the hard things and conquer them because the more we put them off, the harder the battle will be in the end. Love you all and keep pushing! We got this.

May God bless you and keep you

-Mariela

I absolutely LOVE THIS! It's so true. As I sit here and want to eat a handful of cashews, it's hard not to, but it's much harder being overweight and out of shape and unable to do things with my kids, hating myself.

This was perfect! Thanks for sharing!

Today was not a good day for me. I had a small slice of Nothing Bundt Cake, a taco from Dairy Queen and sunflower seeds, a bunch of cherries and 4 crackers and a slice of cheese. It's a 500 calorie day for me tomorrow. Let me not forget a mini pancake

LizO

Today was not a good day for me. I had a small slice of Nothing Bundt Cake, a taco from Dairy Queen and sunflower seeds, a bunch of cherries and 4 crackers and a slice of cheese. It's a 500 calorie day for me tomorrow. Let me not forget a mini pancake
LizO

You're getting back up and not staying down. I say that's a win. Keep it up and keep moving forward! Proud of you.

-Mariela

You're getting back up and not staying down. I say that's a win. Keep it up and keep moving forward! Proud of you.

-Mariela

Thank you!

LizO

16 hours ago, Liz210 said:

LizO

Ditto what Mariela said. The fact that you shared it, you admitted it and shared with us, that is SOOO hard to do. And today will be a better day.