Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A record of my experience... from start to finish... rants and all!

3 hours ago, njgal said:

Thank you ***blush***

December 12th is a good day, I wish you all the best. How is your surgeon’s post-op program? 1 week liquids or 2? Do you feel you’re ready? When the going gets tough think of how this time you’ll stay true on your new year’s resolution and actually become a healthier person in 2018!!

Thank you & wishing you the same 🙏🏼 I’m so ready for the new me in 2018!

How’s recovery been treating you so far?

Post -op is one day of clear liquids and 3 weeks of full liquid diet. What about yours?

pre-op diet length depends on my BMI 2 weeks before surgery. I’m between 43-45 BMI at the moment

if its 45 or less then its a week of clear liquids only

if its over 45 then its two weeks of clear liquids + one meal of lean Protein and veggies a day

These days I’ve basically been eating everything i crave😅 mentally and physically saying goodbye to all the Mediterranean and pizza/pasta buffets i enjoy so much

Hahahaha... yeah, the goodbye eating... I either didn't do it at all or did it for about 6 months, depends on how you look at it.

My recovery is going well, I had 1 week liquid, 1 week mush, 1 week mush with **** and 1 week modified solids before I started on everything. I experimented a bit and advanced my diet a little bit as necessary but my surgeon's program seems to be a lot more accommodating than most. I mean, I got to have Breakfast the day before surgery and then liquids for the rest of the day, that's it.. So I totally respect that you're doing liquids for as long as you are but the more you read the more you'll see that each surgeon's system is different.. vastly different so whatever yours says goes for you, no cheating! ou'll be fine :)

I'm almost 6 weeks out and have lost about 30 lbs so I really can't complain.

Great post! You seem so self-aware and I believe that will be incredibly helpful through your journey.

I wanted to comment because I am 4 days away from being sleeved and I wanted you to know that the time will fly! Anticipation at certain times (the very beginning, when you schedule your date, and for me now) are difficult but overall, you'll need this time to prepare!

So much good luck to you.

1 minute ago, JCKlgl123 said:

Great post! You seem so self-aware and I believe that will be incredibly helpful through your journey.

I wanted to comment because I am 4 days away from being sleeved and I wanted you to know that the time will fly! Anticipation at certain times (the very beginning, when you schedule your date, and for me now) are difficult but overall, you'll need this time to prepare!

So much good luck to you.

Thanks! and good luck to you, If at first you have problems don't despair, it does get easier so hang in there and feel free to come and rant if needed :)

@njgal - thank you so much! :)

On 11/17/2017 at 11:17 AM, njgal said:

Hahahaha... yeah, the goodbye eating... I either didn't do it at all or did it for about 6 months, depends on how you look at it.

My recovery is going well, I had 1 week liquid, 1 week mush, 1 week mush with **** and 1 week modified solids before I started on everything. I experimented a bit and advanced my diet a little bit as necessary but my surgeon's program seems to be a lot more accommodating than most. I mean, I got to have Breakfast the day before surgery and then liquids for the rest of the day, that's it.. So I totally respect that you're doing liquids for as long as you are but the more you read the more you'll see that each surgeon's system is different.. vastly different so whatever yours says goes for you, no cheating! ou'll be fine :)

I'm almost 6 weeks out and have lost about 30 lbs so I really can't complain.

LOL i hear ya about the six months of saying goodbye to food:D I have a feeling i’ll be easily nauseated after surgery and even if I crave things I won’t be able to eat much of them so I’m giving in to ALL my cravings at the moment till pre op diet

Wow! Not even a whole day of clear liquids? That’s awesome 😍

I don’t think I’ll have a problem with the liquids if i only do 1 week.. I’ve done almost a month of juicing before and even though this won’t be the same it is similar.

Did you tell people around you about the sleeve?

I’m not telling anyone at work and I don’t know how I’m going to explain to people around me why I’m only having liquids on lunch and dinner breaks.

right now only my cousin/best friend, hubby know about my surgery. I plan on telling mom and my sister after the surgery just so i can focus on my own feelings/nervousness around and on surgery day vs worrying about them worrying about me if that makes any sense LOL

you lost a good chunk in this short time! I wish you more and more losings till you reach your goal!

I told my husband (obviously!) and SIL. My mom I told afterwards for similar reasons. I’m glad that’s how I did it too. Nobody at worked has asked; I didn’t have to tell for time off so I was lucky in that regard

Ok folks... 6 weeks out and a TMI post for y’all:

Ok so THIS is Constipation. 45 mins of agony on the toilet then an enema, which, 5-7 mins after being inserted, burned like hell. I must’ve damaged something beforehand. Needless to say hubby and I are a new kind of close now

At the risk of being gross; didn’t realize this much had accumulated, I mean, I’ve been having bms daily so what gives? And I’d been taking Fiber too so I guess it’s time to up it even more 🤨

Feeling better now.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:35 PM, njgal said:

Ok folks... 6 weeks out and a TMI post for y’all:

Ok so THIS is Constipation. 45 mins of agony on the toilet emoji37.png then an enema, which, 5-7 mins after being inserted, burned like hell. I must’ve damaged something beforehand. Needless to say hubby and I are a new kind of close now emoji4.png

At the risk of being gross; didn’t realize this much had accumulated, I mean, I’ve been having bms daily so what gives? And I’d been taking Fiber too so I guess it’s time to up it even more 🤨

Feeling better now.

Aww I hope you’re feeling better now!

I'm at my surgeon’s office waiting to be seen for my pre op session

i just found out that my mom is having surgery on the 18th, my surgery is on the 12th and I’ve been stressing about it ever since (nightmares of running hospital hallways looking for her drowning in my own guilt). We are really close and she’d be expecting me to be there with her the day of surgery and the next 2 days that she knows I’m off work on.

I’m so nervous as to what to do and if I’ll be ok enough to be there with her without her and the rest of my family (big fam) noticing anything.

Aww I hope you’re feeling better now!
I'm at my surgeon’s office waiting to be seen for my pre op session
i just found out that my mom is having surgery on the 18th, my surgery is on the 12th and I’ve been stressing about it ever since (nightmares of running hospital hallways looking for her drowning in my own guilt). We are really close and she’d be expecting me to be there with her the day of surgery and the next 2 days that she knows I’m off work on.
I’m so nervous as to what to do and if I’ll be ok enough to be there with her without her and the rest of my family (big fam) noticing anything.

Hmm... difficult situation. I don’t know anything about your general make up or how you are going to fair obviously, however, if there are no complications you should be able to get through it. Even if you have a couple of days of crappiness like I did you’ll be fine as long as you rest and stay hydrated. It’s not ideal of course but unless you’re willing to reconsider your own date I don’t see another option. It’s a tough spot to be in, no doubt. Good luck!!

@njgal 😡 girl you could have a hemmeroid from straining....be careful

[mention=311424]njgal[/mention] girl you could have a hemmeroid from straining....be careful

Luckily I had my annual ob/gyn check today and I’m good but yep... now I know not to! Thanks!!

4 hours ago, njgal said:

Hmm... difficult situation. I don’t know anything about your general make up or how you are going to fair obviously, however, if there are no complications you should be able to get through it. Even if you have a couple of days of crappiness like I did you’ll be fine as long as you rest and stay hydrated. It’s not ideal of course but unless you’re willing to reconsider your own date I don’t see another option. It’s a tough spot to be in, no doubt. Good luck!!

Ohh thanks! My surgeon said the same thing.. i pray to God I don’t have any complications so i can be there with her.

how are you doing lately? Hope you’re not dealing with constipation anymore.

how come you didn’t update your ticker after 30 lbs loss! I have a feeling I’ll be updating every .5 lb xD

ok so I wanted to ask you ( and everyone on here who’d like to share) these questions: are you driving yet? how many days post op did it take before you felt somewhat normal and went back to doing normal daily things? Have you been working out or walking?

sooo I’m going to do a two weeks of the pre op diet :/ i think i’ll try to just stick with the clear liquids for both weeks. Don’t trust myself to tasting real food for one meal only a day. Will see how it goes

Edited by {.Narin.}

Oh, I’m at 30 lb now.. one can’t change stats on the app and I rarely access the forum on a computer but you haven’t missed much with my progress If I didn’t have a reminder to weigh in weekly I would probably not step on the scale. It’s not so much about the pounds for me as it is about establishing good habits now. We’ll see how that goes.

As far as being back to “normal”; well, a friend of mine ended up being an outpatient and drove himself home... others take it easy for weeks. I was pretty much back to normal 2-3 days after I was home; so 4-5 days post-op.

Once you have your liquid intake under control I don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t be back in action but Water (i.e. liquids) is key. It won’t be child’s play but it’s definitely doable!

Hello everyone... greetings from a cold New Jersey thursday. It is time for an update.

I was just thinking about how I scoured every comment, every topic, every bit of info I could find pre-op.... today I check in because I had set myself a reminder. Life is back to "normal" and I am soooo over this checking-in every minute of every day thing... but I'm not all heartless; I remember (vaguely) what it was like and I had promised myself I would check-in and update every so often so as to give the next generation of sleevers reading material; so here's the skinny (yes, yes, I know):

I was sleeved 1/10/17 and yesterday I had my three month follow up visit with my surgeon. Incidentally yesterday was also the date I hit one-derland (199.6, yay!!) so it all tied together rather nicely I say. My weight loss has slowed but all in all I lost 50 lbs already.

I love buying new clothes though I don't go crazy because I know I have some ways to go yet. My knees didn't hurt for a while but I must've abused those puppies a little too much before, because now I'm getting lubricant injections every few months, but all good... something funny I realized was that apparently I had been straining my neck out (most likely to prevent a double chin from showing) so that now I have neck pain and constantly keep reminding myself to auto-correct my neck posture. It just looks funny more than anything else really.

I'm a 14 now.. I don't remember ever caring much about dressing well before, even when I was 'smaller'.. now I go all out and love getting dressed up. As much as it probably has something to do with age and overall state of where I am in life; I also believe it has something to do with the direction I'm moving in. Clearly I hadn't planned on ballooning to 250 lbs before but the upward trend seemed to discourage me. Now that I am clearly moving down it only seems to fuel my interest in making myself look good. For the first time in my life I am "one of those women".. you know? not just the clothes but I try to take better care of myself in general. Heck I even moisturize now.. who'd have thought?

Oh, and I do yoga now... I used to read comments of women who were saying the higher they went in weight the less non-yoga type pants they would wear.. to a point where all they wore were stretchy pants. I am the opposite way; the more weight I lose the more confidence I have to wear them.. never would have been caught dead in one before. They're actually pretty comfy I realize :) I actually ended up wearing yoga pants with a long comfy sweater and boots the other day. OMG, I was such a cliche but so darn proud of myself you should have seen me. I kept giggling at my own vanity.

And I receive tons of compliments (which I can totally see getting over at some point but for now they're balm for the soul). So yeah, 50 lbs down in 3 months... not bad, eh?