Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A record of my experience... from start to finish... rants and all!

You have made it this far and Tuesday will be here before you know it. How exciting for surgery and new clothes.

Yes... so exciting!!

I had the same feeling about losing all the weight before I even came home lol. My surgery was 9/26 and I can tell you I feel like a supermodel. My body hasn't quite caught up but it's just a matter of time! Good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

I had the same feeling about losing all the weight before I even came home lol. My surgery was 9/26 and I can tell you I feel like a supermodel. My body hasn't quite caught up but it's just a matter of time! Good luck with your surgery. I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

I love it..!! exactly how I feel!
How’re you feeling now, almost 2 weeks out?

I feel great! The first few days were rough, but it got better very quickly. It's hard to get enough Water and Protein in so I get a little weak sometimes but I am shocked at how good I feel in regards to the surgery part of it. Incisions are healed, no pain in days! I would do it again a hundred times. I am 21 pounds down 5'8 SW 267 GW 160 CW 244.6

I feel great! The first few days were rough, but it got better very quickly. It's hard to get enough Water and Protein in so I get a little weak sometimes but I am shocked at how good I feel in regards to the surgery part of it. Incisions are healed, no pain in days! I would do it again a hundred times. I am 21 pounds down 5'8 SW 267 GW 160 CW 244.6

Already? Wow... that’s great, not just the loss but that you’re feeling good too of course. You should be proud of yourself!

I'm 4 mos post-op & almost 75 lbs down. Do yourselves a favor & make an egg Sunnyside up: it's the size of our stomachs post-sleeve. With this visual, I found I have full understanding of exactly why we must take small bites, chew madly & swallow, breath & rest, and then take the next bite, etc. Our joy comes from the certainty that although our journeys are all different, we will lose significant weight having taken the steps to be healthy. I feel humble, happy & healthy as I continue to follow the protocols my surgeon & nutrionist post-op. Hope you all feel the same way, so continue to be excited & take great care of yourselves.

Good evening everyone! I just has my sleeve surgery 9/18/17. I started the process in 11/2016 but my insurance required me to have 3 monthly visits with my PCP and have my weight documented at each visit. I also was required to have a psychological exam, some how I passed it ! LOL :P and a visit with nutritionist. I had a delay after I fell and broke my 5th MT and in the midst of all that I moved. I was having trouble with my knees also prior to surgery.

I have to say that my surgery and hospitalization went pretty good. One thing I've noticed is that I haven't had any knee pain since surgery so definitely a bonus!

If I can just make it through these food stages! I just had my 2 week post op visit and am now on pureed foods. I can't believe I was actually eagerly looking forward to eating pureed foods. I am not really hungry so have to keep reminding myself to eat an drink Protein. Biggest problem has been forgetting to sip and taking to much liquid in which cause esophageal spasm.

I've never wrote or contributed to any group forums such as this before but will be reading and possibly posting again.

I wish everyone the best as we continue our journey to better health an smaller clothes!

I'm 4 mos post-op & almost 75 lbs down. Do yourselves a favor & make an egg Sunnyside up: it's the size of our stomachs post-sleeve. With this visual, I found I have full understanding of exactly why we must take small bites, chew madly & swallow, breath & rest, and then take the next bite, etc. Our joy comes from the certainty that although our journeys are all different, we will lose significant weight having taken the steps to be healthy. I feel humble, happy & healthy as I continue to follow the protocols my surgeon & nutrionist post-op. Hope you all feel the same way, so continue to be excited & take great care of yourselves.

This is awesome, thanks. The visual will help; I’ve been trying to prep but the size thing just doesn’t seem to register. I think it must be one of thos “gotta live through it” type things :)

Good evening everyone! I just has my sleeve surgery 9/18/17. I started the process in 11/2016 but my insurance required me to have 3 monthly visits with my PCP and have my weight documented at each visit. I also was required to have a psychological exam, some how I passed it ! LOL [emoji14] and a visit with nutritionist. I had a delay after I fell and broke my 5th MT and in the midst of all that I moved. I was having trouble with my knees also prior to surgery.
I have to say that my surgery and hospitalization went pretty good. One thing I've noticed is that I haven't had any knee pain since surgery so definitely a bonus!
If I can just make it through these food stages! I just had my 2 week post op visit and am now on pureed foods. I can't believe I was actually eagerly looking forward to eating pureed foods. I am not really hungry so have to keep reminding myself to eat an drink Protein. Biggest problem has been forgetting to sip and taking to much liquid in which cause esophageal spasm.
I've never wrote or contributed to any group forums such as this before but will be reading and possibly posting again.
I wish everyone the best as we continue our journey to better health an smaller clothes!

Hey, congratulations! You seem to be doing fine! Are you using an app or a reminder tool to remind you to eat or drink?

Good morning everybody, it is update time!

I was sleeved 10/10 and while this is a statement in an of itself clearly a lot gets lost in it.

First of all, in all the time that I was on this forum, reading and researching, I seem to have disassociated myself from reality. You know, the fact that you actually have to get a surgery done to get over to the loser’s side. It’s not like reading a book and identifying with the heroine.

So it felt a little surreal when I woke up (which also is a lie, I barely slept!) on tuesday morning at around 4 and took a shower before I headed for the hospital. My husband stayed behind to take care of the kids so it was a lonely drive out there in darkness and while I at least had my music with me it all felt very ominous!

So I checked in at the hospital, and went to the pre-op suite. The nurses were all very nice and helpful, my surgeon checked in with me for last minute questions and concerns and the last thing I remember is the nice anesthesiologist saying he would just give me one or two injections to prep me for general anesthesiology. This was all done in the pre-op area so I never got to see the operating room.

I woke up some time later in my room, my husband by my side and in agony. As much as I read about this ahead of time it seems like my expectations were definitely favoring the painless experience some people seem to go through but nooooo!

I was in pain that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. I don’t really remember the details of that day, I was in and out of it but I remember general bouts of overall crappiness, horrible gas pain that seems to have been stuck in one part of my chest, my husband rubbing and trying to get me to burp on and off. I’m not sure how I would have done had he not been there for me. I think he may have tired more, physically speaking, trying to hold me upright, getting me to walk and just being up and about taking care of me than I. So while I was fully expectig to be outpatient and going home that day that clearly didn’t happen. My poor roommate had to ask for a change in room because I wasn’t letting her get any rest.

I’m not normally a cry baby but man!

Anyway, there were other bariatric patients on my floor, none of whom seemed to be in the same boat as me; or they just had better tolerance levels, I don’t know. Either way, there I was, bawling my eyes out when I walked but walked I did. And everytime I walked it was worse than before because the gas would shift and break up and move around and I would feel like crap again.

One thing I’ll say though; I was grateful for having brought my own slippers. They came in very handy.

The second day was what I had expected my first day to be like; overall crappiness but at least I was able to let go of my husband and he was able to go home and get some rest. Walking was key, really. Walk walk walk.... i sipped some water... didn’t reall touch any of the “food” they brought in but was in and out a lot again. Dilaudid didn’t do anything for me but tylenol, the chewable they gave me for heartburn and the benadryl as a sleep aid got me through it.

While I could have gone home on the first day I opted to stay the second night as well and the doctors agreed with me for which I am grateful.

I was discharged with a much sunnier, albeit still not 100% disposition the next day.

So now we’re up to 10/12. The ride home was fine, as long as I walked and got some more gas out the pain was manageable. I took a couple of tylenol as well as back to my regular Vitamin + prilosec otc regimen.

I set myself a timer for 15 mins on repeat and literally got up everytime, walked to the kitchen and sipped some Water.

There was a lot of “popping” in my esophagus last night which prevented me from sleeping but I think I have the measure of it today.

So, all in all, 3 days out and today is a good day!

Thank you for three post op update! Sorry it was more painful than you had anticipated. Good luck in the coming weeks/months ahead. My surgery is Nov 1. I'm very excited for that day to come.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you for three post op update! Sorry it was more painful than you had anticipated. Good luck in the coming weeks/months ahead. My surgery is Nov 1. I'm very excited for that day to come.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

Almost there! You’ll be fine and feel free to ask if you have questions. Good luck!

Yay the worst is over and the best is now beginning. Glad all turned out well after the rough start. I hope to join you on the losing side in November.

Yes! I have my 1 week post op check today and already things are looking up! Good luck to you and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.