Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It sounds like several of us are all experiencing the same thing with the extra groin flap/(testicles as one of you put it) it looks and feel like it but it isn't. My left side is far worse than my right side. In fact my whole body is horrible looking when there is nothing covering it. I told my PS I really ruined my skin over the last 46 years of dieting that I didn't think it was repairable. He assured me it would be, but I would have to have 4 separate surgeries and we will be leaving the legs for last. I can live with them for now but hope someday hope to be wearing shorts.

By the way sjfink your legs look fantastic. Sorry to hear about the opening thought. Hope it heals fast.

My body was a disaster before my surgeries! I tried to have realistic expectations, because at almost 50, I just wasn't sure how things would end up. When I was at my follow up, the pulled up the before pictures they took… and it blew my mind! I've asked them to send me the pictures & I'll share them here when I get them. All I can say is find a surgeon who specializes in post weight loss body contouring that you trust. I have no idea if my results are typical… but if nothing else, I'm proof of what's possible!

Sjfink I am 61 and would love to see those before pictures and more of the afters. Being 11 years old I have no idea what to expect. My PS practice specializes in post weight loss body contouring. However for the first surgery my boobs there will be 2 Doctors working together. I had been scheduled for March 21st but had to have a biopsy result were benign. Now I am waiting for a new date. Hope it is real soon.

Sjfink I am 61 and would love to see those before pictures and more of the afters. Being 11 years old I have no idea what to expect. My PS practice specializes in post weight loss body contouring. However for the first surgery my boobs there will be 2 Doctors working together. I had been scheduled for March 21st but had to have a biopsy result were benign. Now I am waiting for a new date. Hope it is real soon.

I've had 2 surgeons for all of my surgeries. My primary surgeon told me he does that to keep total surgery time as short as possible. Even with 2, it was 8 hours for my TT/LBL, 3 hours for by breast lift & 4 hours for my thighs. I'll definitely share more after pictures when I get my before pictures! Hope you get your new date soon!

@sjfink - thanks for posting this - you look great and I'm so happy for you.

I'm in need of a little education....I've seen others post that they did their whole body at once. It is a personal decision or is it up to the doctor?

[mention=213790]sjfink[/mention] - thanks for posting this - you look great and I'm so happy for you.
I'm in need of a little education....I've seen others post that they did their whole body at once. It is a personal decision or is it up to the doctor?

Thanks… I feel pretty great! As for decisions about how many surgeries, my surgeon won't schedule a surgery for more than 6 hours because it's safer for the patient. I've seen people who've had a lot more work done as a single procedure, and I imagine it comes down to what the surgeon & patient are comfortable with. I can definitely understand wanting to do as much at once as possible, but having had multiple surgeries, I think that was the best decision for me. Honestly, I can't imagine recovering from the thigh lift at the same time as my TT/LBL!

48 minutes ago, deeveg said:

@sjfink - thanks for posting this - you look great and I'm so happy for you.

A little of both. My PS in the states will not do some procedures together. For instance a lower Body lift with inner thighs. It is asking skin to go n opposite directions. Also an inner thigh with arms as both the lower and upper body is compromised PS combine some prcedures. I was on the OR tableover 11 hours for LVL bum and breast reconstruction. Much small blood vessel work

Other docs will do it all and not use General Anastasia Each patient has to find a match.

Wow! You look great.

Congrats this is the surgery I want the most everything else is not a must.

Well, I got my official pre-op pictures from my surgeon. The post-op picture is 12 weeks post TT/LBL, 5 weeks post breast lift & 1 week post inner thigh lift. Hard to believe it's the same body!
IMG_2704.JPG IMG_2702.JPG IMG_2703.JPG IMG_2689.JPG

Wow looking good.

Wow you look great! Based on where I am now I'm thinking the thigh lift may be my first surgery. I have loose wrinkled skin on my tummy but no pannus.

Wow! What a fantastic change. Looking at your before surgery and after, I see that their is hope for my body to maybe turn out half as good as yours did. I am 23 days away from the first surgery- boob lift. However in my case they are hanging down to my knees. If they do manage to get them up where they belong I will be as thrilled as I am sure you are with everything you had done.

The recovery is what scares me and to have to do this a total of 4 times. I hope I have the strength to do it. How long were you recovering from all the different surgeries you had? Any suggestions or tips you can give me to get through this first one at the end of the month would be greatly appreciated.

@ssflbelle I've been told by my surgeon that my experience with recovery is not typical, so I'm probably not the best person to ask! My breast lift was hands down the easiest recovery. I took the day off for surgery and was back at work the next day. I was pretty uncomfortable until the drains came out at my 1 week follow up, but no real pain. With TT/LBL, I was hurting from the muscle work in my abs for a few days, then mostly lower back pain from walking around hunched over. Again, getting the drains out at 1 week made a huge difference. I was back at work 10 days post op (ended up working 10 hour days for 12 days straight, so it's a good thing I had an easy recovery from that one!). My thighs are definitely the most uncomfortable. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks out now & still feeling pretty tender. I'm really glad this was my last procedure. All that's left is getting the dog ears fixed on my sides from my breast lift, but that's just a simple in office thing. Best of luck to you… it's totally worth it!